Homebrew Soundhax: a new primary 3DS entrypoint

ZhafuanZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a N3DS XL with 11.2. I donwloaded the .m4a file named: soundhax-usa. Am I supposed to change this to "soundhax" or something? I also downloaded the otherapp.bin file and named it that. So what am I supposed to do actually? I transfered both files into the root of my SD card and I booted the soundtrack app (its the app with the disc and a bird right?). Am I supposed to play the music file or will it boot to homebrew when accessing the app? (I'm also aware that it might work, but I just want to help out.)

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I have a N3DS XL with 11.2. I donwloaded the .m4a file named: soundhax-usa. Am I supposed to change this to "soundhax" or something? I also downloaded the otherapp.bin file and named it that. So what am I supposed to do actually? I transfered both files into the root of my SD card and I booted the soundtrack app (its the app with the disc and a bird right?). Am I supposed to play the music file or will it boot to homebrew when accessing the app? (I'm also aware that it might work, but I just want to help out.)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-soundhax.454760/

D

Deleted-379826

Boot the music file, wait. Try again if you must.

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A quick update: thanks to @TheVinAnator , I can confirm the exploit works on USA consoles!!! To do so, download the .m4a file from the repo and then put an "otherapp.bin" (generate them from there) at the root of your SD. The exploit doesn't have a 100% boot rate though, so it might take multiple tries.
EDIT: :ph34r:'d
2nd EDIT: It might work with JPN consoles too. Someone with a JPN one should try that.
tried, but failed
What I did is created a folder in the root named "soundhax" with only the m4a file inside, after booting into 3ds sound app and attempt to play it, it loads like other audios but the play button is missing, no freeze no crash, just shown as a unplayable audio
I do have the otherapp.bin in root

cheuble

squid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tried, but failed
What I did is created a folder in the root named "soundhax" with only the m4a file inside, after booting into 3ds sound app and attempt to play it, it loads like other audios but the play button is missing, no freeze no crash, just shown as a unplayable audio
Retry it then. Make sure you have an USA console.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
tried, but failed
The Stage2 Constants arent made for JPN so it wont work. You have to wait for soundhax-jpn.m4a or soundhax-eur.m4a

D

Deleted-379826

tried, but failed
What I did was. Take the .m4a file put it on root. MAKE SURE YOUR OTHERAPP BIN MATCHES YOUR SETUP and then place on root. Boot the sound app and open the music file. Touch nothing and wait. Try again if it crashes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro