SoulCalibur V Heading To The Nintendo 3DS

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
As for the game, I'd prefer something exclusive, specially tailored for the 3DS. The 3DS is powerful enough (possible of even running the RE5 engine) and the cart size isn't exactly an issue.

They're probably just using the MT Framework Mobile. Technically the same engine but ported for mobile platforms. It's the same thing that runs SSFIV 3D, RE: Mercs 3D, Monster Hunter Tri G, and UMvC3 Vita. I doubt it's powerful enough for MT Framework v1, which is what RE5 runs on (same with Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and DMC4).
And Resident Evil: Revelations. Yeah likely.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
As for the game, I'd prefer something exclusive, specially tailored for the 3DS. The 3DS is powerful enough (possible of even running the RE5 engine) and the cart size isn't exactly an issue.

They're probably just using the MT Framework Mobile. Technically the same engine but ported for mobile platforms. It's the same thing that runs SSFIV 3D, RE: Mercs 3D, Monster Hunter Tri G, and UMvC3 Vita. I doubt it's powerful enough for MT Framework v1, which is what RE5 runs on (same with Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and DMC4).

They could have advanced the mobile framework enough while working on RE:R to have it be able to handle games a bit more recent (but not too recent).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could have advanced the mobile framework enough while working on RE:R to have it be able to handle games a bit more recent (but not too recent).

Maybe a conversion but certainly not the same exact game. It's like saying Resident Evil 5 could run on the Wii. It runs MT Framework Lite (see Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) but it's certainly not the original MT Framework.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Maybe a conversion but certainly not the same exact game. It's like saying Resident Evil 5 could run on the Wii. It runs MT Framework Lite (see Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) but it's certainly not the original MT Framework.

Of course it won't do everything, but like was said. RE5 was running on the 3DS, even if it required doing things like reducing the poly count, textures clarity, etc. But, considering you aren't playing those portable versions on a huge 720p/1080p screen where the need for detail becomes apparant, they can get away with a bit of downgrading and removal of effects but still have them represent rather good quality.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait, are you saying that they are brining Sengoku Basara and Tatsunoko vs Capcom to the 3DS, or just that it is possible? Because that would solve me the trouble of buying a Wii.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, are you saying that they are brining Sengoku Basara and Tatsunoko vs Capcom to the 3DS, or just that it is possible? Because that would solve me the trouble of buying a Wii.

No no no, I'm just saying that all these games run MT Framework but bringing a game like Resident Evil 5 to the 3DS or Wii isn't as simple as just porting it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: how are you guys rolling dice?