SoulCalibur V Heading To The Nintendo 3DS

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don`t really get why people think the 3DS couldn`t handle SCV... Why is it so much more demanding then let`s say DoA:D or Tekken3D? I honestly don`t get it...

I also think Fighting games are kinda like racing-games: the experience is and kinda always was very similar on Handheld and consoles so I don`t see why they shouldn`t do that. I mean Capcom does or did it successfully as well with SFIV for 3DS and UMvsC3 for PSV!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Highly doubtful. I don't even see SCV running well on the system. At most you'll have a Broken Destiny-style game, where its basically the same engine but graphics are downgraded and content is severely cut. The 3DS ain't powerful enough for a straight SCV port.

Heavily customised for the 3DS, perhaps?

Yeah I don't see this happening either.
Resident Evil Revelations Developement started by a direct port of Re5 to the 3Ds, the 3Ds has the minumum specs.
I bet you I could port Resident Evil 5 to the PS1 if I tried. An extremely downgraded version but running nonetheless. See what I'm getting at?
Yeah, but they were running the normal RE5 engine without any downgrades. At least according to what Capcom said.

Reactions: 2 people

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Highly doubtful. I don't even see SCV running well on the system. At most you'll have a Broken Destiny-style game, where its basically the same engine but graphics are downgraded and content is severely cut. The 3DS ain't powerful enough for a straight SCV port.

Heavily customised for the 3DS, perhaps?

Yeah I don't see this happening either.
Resident Evil Revelations Developement started by a direct port of Re5 to the 3Ds, the 3Ds has the minumum specs.
I bet you I could port Resident Evil 5 to the PS1 if I tried. An extremely downgraded version but running nonetheless. See what I'm getting at?
Yeah, but they were running the normal RE5 engine without any downgrades. At least according to what Capcom said.
All an all if the Vita can support full blown ps3 games the 3Ds can support SoulCalibur V

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All an all if the Vita can support fulkl blown ps3 games the 3Ds can support SoulCalibur V
The Vita isn't as powerful as a PS3.
Idiot It can run full fledged Ps3 games, See these,
[yt]_3C5LzU_jss[/yt]
[yt]CdT9yswb8VY[/yt]

http://gbatemp.net/t...ta-via-cfw-355/

THATS REMOTE PLAY YOU STUPID FUCK!
Its not actually playing PS3 games, the video is being stream to the Vita and the Vita is acting like a controller. There is still a PS3 running the games NOT THE VITA

Reactions: 1 person

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
All an all if the Vita can support fulkl blown ps3 games the 3Ds can support SoulCalibur V
[yt]_3C5LzU_jss[/yt]
[yt]CdT9yswb8VY[/yt]

THATS REMOTE PLAY YOU STUPID *SNIP*
Its not actually playing PS3 games, the video is being stream to the Vita and the Vita is acting like a controller. There is still a PS3 running the games NOT THE VITA
That isn't what i've said, I Meant through remote play. GTFO FCKING NUBLET read mah post.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yeah Sorry, He Is Still playing th gamne on the VITA, I didnt mean discs on the vita and i clearly state through the news post VIA Remote Play.
The PS3 is doing all the leg work, the Vita is the screen and controller.

You implied through your post calling @soulx an idiot that the Vita could play PS3 games legitimately.

Reactions: 4 people

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[yt]_3C5LzU_jss[/yt]
[yt]CdT9yswb8VY[/yt]

That isn't what i've said, I Meant through remote play. GTFO FCKING NUBLET read mah post.
You changed your post after me and another user told you that you were wrong. Why don't you just admit you had no idea what you were talking about?

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
[yt]_3C5LzU_jss[/yt]
[yt]CdT9yswb8VY[/yt]

You changed your post after me and another user told you that you were wrong. Why don't you just admit you had no idea what you were talking about?
I changed it while you were posting, yes I was wrong I misread the article and have corrected my mistakes.
Yeah Sorry, He Is Still playing th gamne on the VITA, I didnt mean discs on the vita and i clearly state through the news post VIA Remote Play.
The PS3 is doing all the leg work, the Vita is the screen and controller.

You implied through your post calling @soulx an idiot that the Vita could play PS3 games legitimately.
Yep Sorry. [member='SoulX'] Sorry Dude, Guess I'm an idoit :)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If I'm not wrong the Sony did mention that the Vita CAN be as powerful as the PS3, but the battery will only last a maximum of 5 minutes.

As for the game, I'd prefer something exclusive, specially tailored for the 3DS. The 3DS is powerful enough (possible of even running the RE5 engine) and the cart size isn't exactly an issue.

D

Deleted_171835

If I'm not wrong the Sony did mention that the Vita CAN be as powerful as the PS3, but the battery will only last a maximum of 5 minutes.

As for the game, I'd prefer something exclusive, specially tailored for the 3DS. The 3DS is powerful enough (possible of even running the RE5 engine) and the cart size isn't exactly an issue.
Yeah, I remember that. But that was a load of crock.
http://www.techradar...ur-pants-933035

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They're probably just using the MT Framework Mobile. Technically the same engine but ported for mobile platforms. It's the same thing that runs SSFIV 3D, RE: Mercs 3D, Monster Hunter Tri G, and UMvC3 Vita. I doubt it's powerful enough for MT Framework v1, which is what RE5 runs on (same with Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and DMC4).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers