Sony to remove previously purchased content from Discovery from Playstation user libraries

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to buy games on xbox gold in the 360 days, then my console got banned so I couldn't play those games online anymore. Ever since then I stopped buying downloaded games and would only buy second hand dvd/blueray ones from game. I do have some original PC/PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3/PSVita games and some OG xbox/360 games and 1 switch game - but I stopped buying games a few years ago now and I only pirate for the exact reason that most new games need online activation/patches and extra downloads to work properly and many are not even at a proper release state when released so you are forced to go online to get a patch. The fact that these companies servers go ofline so often and they can pull your paid content at any point doesn't inspire me to part with my money anymore so I will stick to piracy from now on.
NFS 2015 can be played in single player mode, but annoyingly it requires an internet connection.

And GT7 when it's offline it plays like a demo whereas if you're connected to the internet you get the full game.

This should be illegal.

Reactions: mrdude

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Blythe93

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt matter anymore if you buy physical or disc versions of games because they are so broken when they first come out you cant play them without a digital update that may not be available in the future making your disc games worthless. Noone makes these companies accountable...basically telling everyone to shut up and buy the rerelease and then the re-rerelease. Easier to sell copies if you disable the old ones 😅

Reactions: CoolMe

ReactionLast111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's precisely why I prioritize physical games that contain all their content on the media, be it a cartridge, CD, DVD, or other format. Those digital download key disks only add to the problem. You end up with nothing tangible, just a code granting you access to content at the owner's discretion, which is quite disappointing. Despite these drawbacks, many users continue to invest in these ephemeral digital purchases.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*Yarr*

Just sayin'

But seriously, if you want to own something, buy the physical version. That goes for games consoles too, buy the disk version of the console and buy the disk games, or else this can happen with everything you 'own'.
LOL! I only have digital only games, and I own them now and will for the rest of my life. Aside from coming to my home, and then my parents home, and then my sisters home and confiscating all the hard drives that I have these digital games on, they literally CANNOT take ANYTHING away from me. Don't buy the physical version. Save the "rom" over and over to hard drives or even into the cloud. And don't worry: Within 5 years it will not be possible to buy physical versions of games, movies or music. Plan ahead, because the future is not physical.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Told you digital purchases were just long-term rentals.

It's yet another warning for digital purchase supporters.
I went all-in on digital purchases with the Wii in 2006, and learned my lesson. Once those servers shut down, that's it... The shit you bought is gone for good. :/ I've only bought a couple digital Switch games, and I try to buy them physical when I can so I eventually have a hardcopy.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4