Sony Reportedly Hard At Work On Cheaper, PS Vita Slim Model

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dunno, I think 2012 looks great for both systems; though the PSV seems to have the better line-up.
What I meant was that the PSV has "better titles announced for it" then the 3DS had at the same point of its lifetime, not that 2012 looks bad for the 3DS. Sorry, I should've clarified that a bit better.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sony PS Vita designer Takashi Sogabe took part in a roundtable discussion with ComputerAndVideoGames.com in which he revealed that Sony is working on a thinner PS Vita.

This quote is sure to fill the hearts of the consumers with devotion towards sonys new console, seeing as sony isnt even confident with its own produt enough,so much so that they've taken their product back to the drawing board, how can they really expect the general public to drop nearly half a grand in total (console, games, memory card, accessories) on a product that ill say within a year (guess) of its US life will already have a new cheaper, smaller, potentially battery friendlier revision on the market. I spit on your corporate ways big tie wearing japanese man, and yes you prob do have designer glasses too

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone actually read the source article? Because i have and it doesn't given me the strong impression that they're hard at work on a slimmer model...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony... maybe it's not about the hardware. Maybe it's about the software.

I really find it silly that people think Sony has an issue with software. They're able to compound a rather large amount of exclusives with strong third party support. It has the software to back it up, the issue is that it just doesn't have software that Japan wants at the moment. Once big Japanese titles start rolling around, we'll see how it fairs then.

exclusives that nobody wants ?
Yup, like Uncharted, Persona 4, Gravity Daze, BlazBlue...y'know, all the unpopular crappy games.
inFAMOUS, God of War, Little Big Planet, and all the other crappy games.

Outrager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone actually read the source article? Because i have and it doesn't given me the strong impression that they're hard at work on a slimmer model...

I agree with you.
I don't understand how it went from "Maybe it will become thinner in the future, but the engineers would have to come up with a means to do that." to "Sony PS Vita designer Takashi Sogabe took part in a roundtable discussion with ComputerAndVideoGames.com in which he revealed that Sony is working on a thinner PS Vita."

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that unexpected? No
Unlike Nintendo, they are open about it :).

Read the actual C&VG article...this story seems somewhat over-exaggerated.
Agreed, read over it again, there's nothing to indicate that they're "hard at work" on it, it really states that they "have plans to do so".

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony... maybe it's not about the hardware. Maybe it's about the software.

I really find it silly that people think Sony has an issue with software. They're able to compound a rather large amount of exclusives with strong third party support. It has the software to back it up, the issue is that it just doesn't have software that Japan wants at the moment. Once big Japanese titles start rolling around, we'll see how it fairs then.

Thank you for proving this, thank you for being this:
Nintendo fanboys are the most fucking annoying blind deluded biased idiots on the god damn interwebs
And man, did the mods suddenly go into retard mode?? Apparently they approve of trolling now. Just when I thought the temp couldn't get any lower.....

On topic
I hope it's not true, if it is, I'll just wait for the slim.

Reactions: 2 people

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
And man, did the mods suddenly go into retard mode?? Apparently they approve of trolling now. Just when I thought the temp couldn't get any lower.....

On topic

Read the C&VG article that the first post is based on. The guy basically says at some point we'd like to make it smaller if we could....don't know how that equates to a new model on the horizon. I'd guess you'd be waiting a while if you want a Vita revision.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

On topic

Read the C&VG article that the first post is based on. The guy basically says at some point we'd like to make it smaller if we could....don't know how that equates to a new model on the horizon. I'd guess you'd be waiting a while if you want a Vita revision.

I don't want a revision, I'm just saying "if" it's true than I'll wait, I don't want to buy one now only to be outdated at the end of the year (2012 holiday shopping).
That's why I hope it's not true

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for proving this, thank you for being this:
Nintendo fanboys are the most fucking annoying blind deluded biased idiots on the god damn interwebs
Nope, that's just natural Valwin, I don't think he's trying to troll, he just comes out sounding like one at times (trying to be realistic, not mean).
And I wouldn't say "most", if you've ever seen a Microsoft fanboy go off...it's pretty hilarious.

Back on topic, I agree with Xist, though I wouldn't deny the possibility of there being a "Holiday Vira" on the way.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Not a chance that there'd be a revised Vita that soon. Sony need to accumulate some solid revenue as they're in dire trouble at the moment....a price drop maybe, a new system not until the components are much cheaper which may take a while as they're all generally first rate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/4Z-enjtn7t0?si=JxP181zLddGOC9jQ