Sony Hiring PS3 Hackers?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're sorry we over reacted, here how about we give you a boatload of cash to shut up and help us fix this? .....No? well then we're suing....cause we can....cause we have money

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
spinal_cord said:
Slyakin said:
If this is real... Wow, the guy just gave up a perfect job opportunity. Stupid move; Now he'll be stuck in his mom's basement forever.

I wouldn't call it a stupid move, he is showing that he will not work for SONY because of how they treat people like him. If you belong to a specific group, no matter what that group is, and a company goes way above and beyond to cause trouble for that group, would you work for them, knowing how they treat your friends?
Who cares about the others? If I was a hacker on the scene right now and was called by Sony, I would go. I wouldn't give shit about the others.
That's exactly what Geohot was expecting. He got a sue, instead. =)

Let's say that someone killed a family member of yours and you for sure know who it is. That same guy asks you to work for him, would you do it?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
BloodyFlame said:
Maedhros said:
spinal_cord said:
Slyakin said:
If this is real... Wow, the guy just gave up a perfect job opportunity. Stupid move; Now he'll be stuck in his mom's basement forever.

I wouldn't call it a stupid move, he is showing that he will not work for SONY because of how they treat people like him. If you belong to a specific group, no matter what that group is, and a company goes way above and beyond to cause trouble for that group, would you work for them, knowing how they treat your friends?
Who cares about the others? If I was a hacker on the scene right now and was called by Sony, I would go. I wouldn't give shit about the others.

Let's say that someone killed a family member of yours and you for sure know who it is. That same guy asks you to work for him, would you do it?

Sure I would.

Hell if George Hotz was one of my family members I would have killed him myself.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Law said:
BloodyFlame said:
Maedhros said:
spinal_cord said:
Slyakin said:

Sure I would.

Hell if George Hotz was one of my family members I would have killed him myself.
Trolls will be trolls.

I get the point about working for Sony if you were a hacker, i agree with you on that. However, if you and your best friend (or brother) were both hackers, and one of you got done in, it would be a dick move to go and work for them will no thought about trying to destroy them once inside. o.o''
but that's far fetched, if it was just some other random fellow hacker you didn't really know too well, then forget them
tongue.gif

ShineroDark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iMasaru said:
Law said:
BloodyFlame said:
Maedhros said:
spinal_cord said:
Slyakin said:

Sure I would.

Trolls will be trolls.

I get the point about working for Sony if you were a hacker, i agree with you on that. However, if you and your best friend (or brother) were both hackers, and one of you got done in, it would be a dick move to go and work for them will no thought about trying to destroy them once inside. o.o''
but that's far fetched, if it was just some other random fellow hacker you didn't really know too well, then forget them
tongue.gif
I would still work for sony even if he was my brother that way when I've done the new system and stuff thats "unhackable" i'll tell him how to get in so it will screw them over
tongue.gif

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
iMasaru said:
Law said:
BloodyFlame said:
Maedhros said:
spinal_cord said:
Slyakin said:

Sure I would.

Trolls will be trolls.

You should probably find out the definitions of words before you start throwing them around.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to call BS unless he shows us the headers. It's quite easy to fake an e-mail address.

Slyakin said:
If this is real... Wow, the guy just gave up a perfect job opportunity. Stupid move; Now he'll be stuck in his mom's basement forever.It's called ETHICS. Get some.

QUOTE(Law @ Mar 12 2011, 02:57 PM) You should probably find out the definitions of words before you start throwing them around.
You'll have to excuse people for not taking murder threats against a real person lightly.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if , just what if the hackers who sony hired made the ps3 less hackable then the hackers that sony hired turn on them O: what then?!?!

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Law said:
You should probably find out the definitions of words before you start throwing them around.You'll have to excuse people for not taking murder threats against a real person lightly.

Hypothetical murder threats. No excuse to start throwing the T word around.

QUOTE(Ringo619 @ Mar 12 2011, 08:02 PM)
what if , just what if the hackers who sony hired made the ps3 less hackable then the hackers that sony hired turn on them O: what then?!?!

You think Sony wouldn't be able to write up a contract that would completely fuck them over if that ever happened?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
iMasaru said:
Law said:
BloodyFlame said:
Maedhros said:
spinal_cord said:
Slyakin said:

Sure I would.

Trolls will be trolls.

You should probably find out the definitions of words before you start throwing them around.
Fine. Douche bags will be Douche bags.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time there's a thread about Sony these days there's nothing but trolling, petty bickering, flaming and just general idiocy. It's all becoming a little tiresome now. So let's have less of it or posts will start getting trashed and warnings issued. Discuss and debate by all means, but when it becomes name calling and tongue poking that's your call to step away from the convo.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't really "hiring" anyone.

They're just trying to lure people out from hiding so they can sue them.

This is also a clever way of saying "hey hackers, we know who you are."

He's probably one of the many people getting sued for watching geohots youtube video.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i am pretty surprised about the answer. Very polite and frank, nice work! Sony must have something really big that has caused all this to happen until hiring potential hackers.
I salute sony for at least appreciating hackers and trying their best to bring out the best

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BloodyFlame said:
Maedhros said:
spinal_cord said:
Slyakin said:

Worst analogy ever... are you really comparing someone who killed my family to someone who work on the same things as me and sometimes help me or get my help? Seriously?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
Fear Zoa said:
Even if any of them did take the job sony would just treat them like shit anyways.....
Surely there's an American equivalent of Australian workplace rights...?

Not really, IIRC.

But my 2 cents?

Good for him, standing up against-ish Sony. Haters will be haters.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
Fear Zoa said:
Even if any of them did take the job sony would just treat them like shit anyways.....
Surely there's an American equivalent of Australian workplace rights...?
Yea we have one but if you have enough money you can get with anything here.....
America, land of the rich ,bane of the working class
sleep.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
due Sony's recent treatment of a fellow hacker, George (@geohot), i could not in good conscience work at Sony.

Sounds like a load of S*** to me. I mean really is this the best someone could come up with. I'm not buying it. I don't believe Sony sent this message nor do I believe that, this would've been his response..
glare.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...