Sony confirms PlayStation Network hacked

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just for clarification, because reading this topic made me question if I got the right interpretation from the blog post:

Someone was able to hack and/or get info from the PSN, Sony was able to identify that action, and took down the whole system to prevent further invasions. Am I correct?

It says so on the Blog, that they took the system offline to prevent any more invasions and upgrade their entire defense system against that kind of thing. But everyone on this topic (and also some of the other source stated on the first post) is talking about how this is Anonymous' fault.

But Sony took it down by themselves. And said so on the Blog (it's also the first part in bold if you check the first post). How are you even connecting Anonymous to the downtime..? Or is it just baseless assumptions because that other source cited Anonymous?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
SamAsh07 said:
@ShadowSoldier - You are absolutely right on target lol, Sony themselves could be lying about this so that Sony fans don't flame Sony and in turn end up flaming some random unknown hackers. Sony lies to keep its commitment of fans intact.
Falsifying information concerning a significant detriment of their platform would be blatantly illegal, and something an enormous multi-national conglomerate would not consider in almost any circumstance.

No it's not. A lot of companies in the past have screwed up but put the blame on something else just so they don't have to take the heat. There's nothing illegal about it. It's just when the users find out (and they always do), there's backlash against the company. Also, if we want to get into "it's illegal", don't forget, Sony is the same company that installed those rootkits on peoples computers with the audio cd's. Not to mention, those rootkits did more than what people thought of at first.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
KingVamp said:
Shad0wninja said:
This is why Xbox Live is better. Just saying.
At least I didn't have to pay. Just saying.
lol fanboyism much from both? lol
What does that have to do with me not paying again for internet for my device?

I didn't have a personal PS3 btw and again just saying.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Shad0wninja said:

Microsoft has just managed to not piss off apparently the wrong people. Sony has been on the warpath the past few months, and now the users are suffering.

Sony's sue everybody and everything strategy is leaving them in a world of shit, as their PSN has lost potential sales, and this will turn off potential buyers of the system as a whole if they think it may go down for a large period of time again. No PSN also means no outside services associated with the PSN too. That means instant streaming for Netflix users too. I prefer streaming over my PS3 rather than the PC myself. Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that, but my assumption from reading this all is that there is no online currently with the PS3 at all. Good thing I've had other things to occupy myself with that aren't my PS3 lately, as my PS3 is primarily used for playing BC2 online at this point.

For everybody screaming Anonymous, shut up. It's obviously not them. If you knew anything, you would know for one, they're a bunch of script kiddies with no real power. For two, they already said they wouldn't make any attempt to attack services that effected the users of the PS3 system, as it isn't the users that they are trying to punish. For three, Sony said that they took it down. Sony took it down themselves after an attack or fuck up, you know, whatever the real reason is.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But i was just about to reach Prestige 7 on Black Ops!
hate2.gif
Oh well, I finished the campaign in the meantime, toooooo easy (on hardened)! you guys, if you read this, add me when it gets back up and working. username="Sgt_Ninja1001"(without the quotation marks). I play ModNation Racers, Split/Second Velocity and CoD: Black Ops.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
DarkLG said:
KingVamp said:
Shad0wninja said:
At least I didn't have to pay. Just saying.
lol fanboyism much from both? lol
What does that have to do with me not paying again for internet for my device?
Your tring to say well psn is better by being free lol both services are good I liked PSN personally but when it comes down to it Microsoft really did the best with xbox live lol paying for it or not. *fingers crossed hoping for someone to say Nintendo has best online * haha
smile.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Urza said:
SamAsh07 said:
@ShadowSoldier - You are absolutely right on target lol, Sony themselves could be lying about this so that Sony fans don't flame Sony and in turn end up flaming some random unknown hackers. Sony lies to keep its commitment of fans intact.
Falsifying information concerning a significant detriment of their platform would be blatantly illegal, and something an enormous multi-national conglomerate would not consider in almost any circumstance.

No it's not. A lot of companies in the past have screwed up but put the blame on something else just so they don't have to take the heat. There's nothing illegal about it. It's just when the users find out (and they always do), there's backlash against the company. Also, if we want to get into "it's illegal", don't forget, Sony is the same company that installed those rootkits on peoples computers with the audio cd's. Not to mention, those rootkits did more than what people thought of at first.
Good old paraprosdokian for this statement: "I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."
And to DarkLG's above post, Nintendo DOES have the best online and you and I know it (
yaywii.gif
).

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leeday100196 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Urza said:
SamAsh07 said:

Good old paraprosdokian for this statement: "I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."
And to DarkLG's above post, Nintendo DOES have the best online and you and I know it (
yaywii.gif
).
hahaha thank you lol friend codes are the shit guys haha so safe
smile.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Microsoft has just managed to not piss off apparently the wrong people. Sony has been on the warpath the past few months, and now the users are suffering.

Sony's sue everybody and everything strategy is leaving them in a world of shit, as their PSN has lost potential sales, and this will turn off potential buyers of the system as a whole if they think it may go down for a large period of time again. No PSN also means no outside services associated with the PSN too. That means instant streaming for Netflix users too. I prefer streaming over my PS3 rather than the PC myself. Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that, but my assumption from reading this all is that there is no online currently with the PS3 at all. Good thing I've had other things to occupy myself with that aren't my PS3 lately, as my PS3 is primarily used for playing BC2 online at this point.

Has long as you have the newest version of netflix for the ps3 before PSN went down, you can still use it on the ps3. I just got done watching a few episodes of family guy with it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You all seem to forget is that SONY doesn't owe you anything. They could stop the PSN altogether if they saw it fit starting tomorrow morning - it's not a part of the PS3/PSP package. They're just *kind enough* to allow you online multiplayer and service *for free* and they will restore it once the issues have been fixed. This calls for patience, not cries for justice.

Besides, as mentioned eariler, we brought this on ourselves. We wanted Sony punished for being assholes and they are indeed punished. Every day without PSN means less income from buying all sorts of Mini's and old titles. They are *loosing* money, which is a fitting punishment for dragging one poor guy from one court to the other. The fact that the shrapnel hit You aswell is irrelevant. Your lack of opportunity to play Killzone online isn't important in the grand scheme of things. This attack wasn't aimed at You, it was aimed at Sony, and apparently it was *quite* successful.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why the hell was my link topic to that stie deleted? it was giving info and crap. unless i'm mistake. if sony pull's this again hackers or no!! (yes it is hackers i'm serious) meh does not matter. but it is true i'll find it again later and post it. also i got some info from the japan site i'll post in a sec.

PSN JAPAN TRANSLATED

“Obstacle News of 2011 April 24th “PlayStation Network” obstacle
The obstacle “of PlayStation Network” long haul continuously the time, there is no excuse truly.
At this corporation we continue the effort which early of service is directed to restoration with 24 hour systems, but
We do the reconstruction of the system in order to strengthen network below of this corporation,
We require time.
This job because time is required, means to put annoyance on many everyone, but
We judged that it is in order furthermore to strengthen the system security of this corporation indispensable.
Being placed in everyone of the customer and partner enterprise, something it receives understanding,
Now time being required to for restoration for a while acknowledgment, the fish you say to ask.
At this site you guide concerning the information of the renewal regarding this case.”

also here's the other i posted why makeing up a crap load of cuss words

http://www.psu.com/PSN-hackers-attacked-Ad...1.php3#comments

if you want proof of where that is from look at the playstaion blog page 8 comment 354.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1