Homebrew game Sonic Unleashed 3DS [ Works on the Old 3DS ]

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found this little project on Youtube, I think some people would be interested.

I found it impressive, even more so because the layout of the stages and Sonic's movement are from the HD version of the PS3/X360 and not the SD version made by DImps for the PS2/Wii.
It's even more impressive that it runs on the Old 3DS, many people still working on ports and homebrews for the 3DS unfortunately only focus on the New 3DS these days.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It really is impressive to get running something of that caliber on a 3DS, I'll follow it and see what happens!

I personally cannot blame homebrew developers wanting to focus on New systems, specially if they're projects as ambitious as this seems to be.

Reactions: Moon164

PlayerSlayer69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It really is impressive to get running something of that caliber on a 3DS, I'll follow it and see what happens!

I personally cannot blame homebrew developers wanting to focus on New systems, specially if they're projects as ambitious as this seems to be.
If Sonic Unleashed had a downport to the PS2, then I don’t really see why one for the 3DS wouldn’t be possible, particularly the Old Models (Not the New 3DS Series). I would say the 3DS was in the same ballpark of the PS2 in terms of performance but has the advantage of graphical modern features not found in that console. A theoretical official PS2 version of Sonic Unleashed ported to the 3DS could’ve been possible assuming they take the time to optimize the game properly for the 3DS components. Not something half-assed like MGS3D (I heard it used the same engine for many of the other PSP MG games)

ndsboy87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is cool, I hope more homebrew projects happen like this because theres only a handful of really amazing 3D custom games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto