Sonic Mania to have "competition mode"

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Most Nintendo gamers aren't still fans of digital format, in fact, we're willing to pay more to have it on physical format.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well I don't speak for anyone but myself. I buy what is affordable. Honestly I would like my games not download only considering most games are large in file size and should be reserved for intended download only games. Plus dlc adds to the file size and the fact nintendo still didn't bother to upgrade storage to something higher than 32GB and external SD, I would dislike not having many games as cart to purchase to save on needing to buy sd cards which are prone to fraud. :(

Not saying you are wrong but I can only say what I do and feel. Yeah some games aren't retail, but the high priced ones like shovel knight being $25 and i am setsuna, deserves some retail releases.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  3. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Actually, how it is for me is that Nintendo consoles always have a really bad digital experience. Whether it was system-locked purchases in the Wii/DSi era or a severe lack of storage space on the Switch, buying digital on Nintendo systems just isn't practical. I own hundreds of games digitally on Steam, GOG, etc. and I'm more than fine buying digital (since it's often much cheaper on PC, too). But on a Nintendo system, I always buy physical because they never include enough storage space and I don't trust Nintendo to handle digital purchases properly.

I'm going to guess that my experiences are the same for many others. I have other friends who own Nintendo consoles and buy digital everywhere else but Nintendo for these reasons.

Laroon likes this.
  4. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States

Physically? Or just download?

5. SonicfanCEMUTesting

SonicfanCEMUTesting This guy

Mar 29, 2016
    Poland
    Somewhere on the internet
    Man, you sure are very hyped for this game :P

BlueFox gui likes this.
  6. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I dunno, I don't buy any games based on price, I'll pay what I have to, I just buy the games I want most. I don't particularly want Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt on my Switch (especially since i have them both at no cost on my 3DS), and that's why I don't have those games.

7. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... now i just need to find someone to play with me ;u;

8. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Everyone complaining about the graphics... :rofl2: Gonna be a great game, can't wait for release.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  9. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Still only confirmed as digital. The true Sonic 4 gets written off as a digital format game.. quite insulting.