Not open for further replies.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this was updated not very long ago, perhaps hours:

https://anonfiles.com/bcN6bea3z7/app_debug_zip

please let me know if this works with more phones. works fine with mine as usual. btw, the name is RSDKv5. I lost the res files on my old laptop, but I could probably get them if this works. thanks.
Just tested it, not working. Same previous behaviour, the apps just stops working after the "Press any button" message.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I found the solution for the crashing. Decompress the data.rsdk into a data folder with RSDKv5U_Extract https://github.com/Axanery/RSDKv5U_Toolkit/releases and use that instead.

The first screenshot shows the RSDK folder tree on my phone. So far no more crashing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-25-10-14-46-424_com.lonelycatgames.Xplore.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-25-10-14-46-424_com.lonelycatgames.Xplore.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2023-02-25-10-15-45-623_org.rems.rsdkv5.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-25-10-15-45-623_org.rems.rsdkv5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_2023-02-25-10-16-23-681_org.rems.rsdkv5.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-25-10-16-23-681_org.rems.rsdkv5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SombrAbsol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this was updated not very long ago, perhaps hours:

https://anonfiles.com/bcN6bea3z7/app_debug_zip

please let me know if this works with more phones. works fine with mine as usual. btw, the name is RSDKv5. I lost the res files on my old laptop, but I could probably get them if this works. thanks.
On my side, it doesn't work. It crashes just after the message "Mod loading done!". I use a Samsung Galaxy A33 5G.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my side, it doesn't work. It crashes just after the message "Mod loading done!". I use a Samsung Galaxy A33 5G.
same thing happens on my mom's phone. there are massive issues with compatibility. it works fine for me as well as a friend of mine @Glyptofane , but a lot of people it crashes.

SombrAbsol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
By the way @godreborn I think that the .zip archive attached to this post could be useful for you. Thanks to apktool, I recovered the files from the res folder that you had lost, by decompiling your last build that contained these files.

Attachments

• res.zip
    506.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Love

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
My phone is a Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro with MIUI 12 (Android 11). Maybe the crashes depend on the Android version.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way @godreborn I think that the .zip archive attached to this post could be useful for you. Thanks to apktool, I recovered the files from the res folder that you had lost, by decompiling your last build that contained these files.
https://anonfiles.com/zf9ct5a0za/app_debug_zip

just added them. I don't know if this build will fair any better, but I used the recommended version of ndk. it does work on my mom's phone now though.

SombrAbsol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's okay now. It was actually a change of shaders. The Android port no longer uses GL3 shaders, but now OGL. Oddly enough, renaming the GL3 shader mod folder to OGL seems to fix the problem, but a shader update would probably be better. Nevertheless, it seems that this crash was not supposed to happen.

Last edited by SombrAbsol,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's okay now. It was actually a change of shaders. The Android port no longer uses GL3 shaders, but now OGL. Oddly enough, renaming the GL3 shader mod folder to OGL seems to fix the problem, but a shader update would probably be better. Nevertheless, it seems that this crash was not supposed to happen.
it doesn't crash? the ogl shader folder is present in the latest rsdkv5 repo, but I could've sworn it was empty. I'm going to have to ask about that one. that could be the main reason for the crashes. I don't know where to get the ogl shaders from though. strangely enough, I don't have to rename the gl shaders folder to ogl on my phone nor does a friend, but most people seem to have issues otherwise. someone else also said they had the same problem until they renamed the folder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://anonfiles.com/a5aap5b2z6/app_release_zip

I built a "release" version of mania. I don't really know what the difference is, but I think it should seem like an official app. it's also non-plus (found out to do so). those are the only builds I can supply now.
Post automatically merged:

btw, that's the official, updated ogl, so put those in RSDK/v5 on root along with the data.rsdk.

Last edited by godreborn,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think I found the solution for the crashing. Decompress the data.rsdk into a data folder with RSDKv5U_Extract https://github.com/Axanery/RSDKv5U_Toolkit/releases and use that instead.

The first screenshot shows the RSDK folder tree on my phone. So far no more crashing.
Interesting, never read about extracting the data file to make it work. So the folder tree for extracted data is device:/RSDK/Data, contrary to device:/RSDK/v5/Data.rsdk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, never read about extracting the data file to make it work. So the folder tree for extracted data is device:/RSDK/Data, contrary to device:/RSDK/v5/Data.rsdk
no, it's still RSDK/v5 , the data folder goes in there.

Reactions: niuus

redcheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that this thread is months old, but could you post a working link? I have the original build that has the bugs mentioned by the other guy
Please and thanks, sorry if im bothering you
Post automatically merged:

could you attach a working link to download please?

Last edited by redcheese,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps