Sonic Mania Commit Builds (Android)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strangely enough, the build on comment #104 works just fine for me on my Odin Pro (albeit crashing trying to set permissions, but doing it manually makes it work), and a friend of mine who directed me to this thread that has a phone where he had the black screen on official builds has said that it works perfectly on his end, allowing him to finally play Mania on mobile.

As a request, once you get these ironed out, could you see about making apks for Sonic 1 and 2 (and maybe CD)? I like how you've made the APK show the game instead of the engine and given the option to change the filepath, and since Sonic 1 and 2 use the same RSDK engine, you can't really have them both on the same device without making one a mod or cloning the engine decomp.

Reactions: godreborn

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
App from OP doesn't work, with neither a decompiled RSDK or a BIN file. Sorry.

If there is something else you'd like me to try, just let me know and I'll test it asap.

Edit:
Success getting sound from OP's App. Screen flashes colors "randomly"? while sound is playing.

Moved all the RSDK/v5 folder contents from SD Card to emulated/0/RSDK/v5 (phone's internal storage). RSDK is not decompiled (log file indicated App was searching for it).

Will test again with Apps from comment #75 and #104, as well as the one from MP and will post results.

Just a moment...

@godreborn

SUCCESS!!!

App from comment #104 + (Data.rsdk + mods (folder) + Achievements.bin + SaveData.bin, all stored on emulated/0/RSDK/v5 folder -Internal Storage-).

Game starts, on-screen touch controls work, special stages work, sound works.

SUCCESS!!!

Edited: Typo, Data.rsdk, instead of RSDK.BIN, my bad, sorry. (I was very excited to make it work).

Last edited by CMDreamer,
  • Love
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
App from OP doesn't work, with neither a decompiled RSDK or a BIN file. Sorry.

If there is something else you'd like me to try, just let me know and I'll test it asap.

Edit:
Success getting sound from OP's App. Screen flashes colors "randomly"? while sound is playing.

Moved all the RSDK/v5 folder contents from SD Card to emulated/0/RSDK/v5 (phone's internal storage). RSDK is not decompiled (log file indicated App was searching for it).

Will test again with Apps from comment #75 and #104, as well as the one from MP and will post results.

Just a moment...

@godreborn

SUCCESS!!!

App from comment #104 + (RSDK.BIN + mods (folder) + Achievements.bin + SaveData.bin on emulated/0/RSDK/v5 folder -Internal Storage-).

Game starts, on-screen touch controls work, special stages work, sound works.

SUCCESS!!!
I think that's the mistake people are making.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think that's the mistake people are making.
So it seem. On each iteration (compilation), people seem to modify certain parameters regarding file access, without letting others know about, so everytime we tried to follow their instructions, we were also misleadingly making their same mistakes.

Did it work for you?

Shockwave_S08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my case, with the build from post #104, Data.rsdk doesn't work, and neither does the Data folder. Any chance you might be able to send this .bin file? I'm completely out of options otherwise...

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, I tested every build.

Did all builds worked for you?

In my case only the one from post #104 worked like a charm.

Just where is this "RSDK.bin" file coming from? I have only an Android phone, and the build just isn't working, no matter what I try.

On post #104 we can find the decompiled RSDK (the Data folder), but the App from that same post is looking for the Data.rsdk file instead.

The Data.rsdk comes from a Sonic Mania build from another console (PS4, Switch, Steam), etc.

Note: There's a typo on my comment #128, it should be Data.rsdk instead of RSDK.BIN, sorry. (It has already been corrected).

Last edited by CMDreamer,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did all builds worked for you?

In my case only the one from post #104 worked like a charm.

On post #104 we can find the decompiled RSDK, but the App from that same post is looking for the RSDK.BIN file instead.

The RSDK.BIN comes from a Sonic Mania build from another console (PS4, Switch, Steam), etc.
Yes, all builds worked for me. I'm still trying to wrap my head around android though, but it seems there are several factors that influence whether an app works. The only real difference with the builds is creating symlinks for wide-screen and motion controls. Btw they have been updating android multiple times over the last few days.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, all builds worked for me. I'm still trying to wrap my head around android though, but it seems there are several factors that influence whether an app works. The only real difference with the builds is creating symlinks for wide-screen and motion controls. Btw they have been updating android multiple times over the last few days.

Would you kindly update, compile and share them with us, for testing purposes ofc. :blush: :D

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: