Hacking Sonic Classic (AKAIO 1.5) or Zelda:ST (1.5.1)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK - so it seems that we're not gonna get any new AKAIO loaders until v1.6 come out (& we don't know when that'll be)

So I'm stuck with a dilemma:-

I'd like Zelda:ST (Still to complete it all - I'm trying for 100% without cheats) AND I'd like to recap to 'good old days' of Sonic in 'Sonic Classic Collection' BUT

You can't play 'Sonic Classic Collection' unless you use AKAIO 1.5
AND
You can't play 'Zelda:Spirit tracks' without AKAIO 1.5.1 (No train controls - unless I use a HACKED version which I don't want)

So what am I to do ??????

What would YOU choose: Zelda (1.5.1) or Sonic (1.5) ???

- or is there a way around this other than mentioned here, 'cos I tried it & it doesn't work (the only Loader avaliable is 'AKAIO')

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
i thought you can use jEnesisDS to play the sonic game?
True - or so I've read, but since I'm THAT lazy - I can't really be bothered to run an emulator then browse & run the game.

However if there was a Moonshell2 plugin that allows me to select AND it'll autoload/run the game (not just start up the emulator, where I would still have to browse & re-select) - then I guess that could be a way around it

EDIT: just found out there IS a jEnesisDS plugin for Moonshell (well in this pack anyway) - guess I 'd best check it out & see if it'll autoload/run

EDIT (again): Well I've tried it & well... it does the same as other moonshell 'Plugins', where you select a game, MS starts up the relevant Emulator & you have to browse/select the game again.
Also I find it a little annoying that there's no Horizontal scaling, so part of the screen is missing when playing.... Is there another jEnesis equivalent that'll scale the screen to DS size ??

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use 1.5 and download the latest original Acekard Firmware and put that akloader.nds into your Aio folder where it says Acekard loader, to play Zelda.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Just swap the loader, sonic clasics will work on 1.5.1, just put the loader from the 1.5 akaio
EDIT - you guys beated me to it
tongue.gif

bookwormzsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I like both games(meaning Sonic and Zelda series) and seeing as there hasn't been a ROM dumped yet(as far as I know) for Sonic Classic Collection so how would we decide? Besides all you have to do to play Spirit Tracks is download the latest AKAIO loader. Sorry my bad the sites I was using didn't have Sonic Classic Collection.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finish the LOZ game and then play some sonic or go buy a cheap 256mb mem stick for cell phones and have at it.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
bookwormzsh said:
Why doesn't someone just upload a .sav file for Sonic Classic Collection that way you don't have to choose?
If that was the case why don't you supply it - IIRC a SAV will not fix it with 1.5.1 AKAIO - the SAV file was needed for the 'bad dump' version of the game

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Tried that - doesn't seem to work. I've had to replace ALL of /_aio/ with 1.5 to get it to run OK

One thing I forgot to mention - AKAIO is NOT what I usually use to run Games etc on my AK2i (I don't usually use cheats etc), so all this mucking about with Loaders is a bit of a hassle

What I have is AKAIO that AUTOBOOTS Moonshell 2, which has been 'fixed' to run Commercial ROMS.
This is so that I can use MS for loading virtually everything (via EXTLINK plugins) I'd like to run - NDS/GB/GBC/GEN Roms (OK - once selected it load in the appropiate emulator THEN I have to reselect the game),Homebrew,Music,Videos (DPG/AVI),Txt etc - Done this because AKAIO don't do plugins anymore

Guess I have to stick with one or the other until AKAIO 1.6 comes out (think it'll be Z:ST as I'm further into that than Sonic Classics, & as mentioned earlier I can always play those via Emulator)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
bookwormzsh said:
http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ Click on Acekard 2/Acekard 2i and download AKAIO_v1.6RC
wink.gif
tongue.gif
gbasp.gif
You're too late - by about 20hours
laugh.gif
(thanks for the PM though)
- I've already got it installed & also found a couple of bugs which I've already passed onto the AKAIO Forum & already checked those out - no more worries on what to choose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power...