Gaming Sonic Boom Gameplay

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really strange. This instance is one where the console version looks like crap and the 3DS version looks to be the superiour one.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This is really strange. This instance is one where the console version looks like crap and the 3DS version looks to be the superiour one.

That's pretty-much been every Pokemon game, ever. Only 1 major console adventure ever released, and even that felt "meh" compared to the handheld adventures.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
New footage of Sonic Boom shown during Japanese Nintendo Direct (called Sonic Toon in Japan). Releasing on 18th December in Japan. (Skip to about 26:22.)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hm, it still looks just as bad but the 3DS seems rather interesting.

3DS has had its share of okay to decent sidescrolling Sonic games: Generations, Lost World, now Boom. I'm kinda disappointed the Wii U version of the game is so different. A good sidescroller would make a decent addition to the Wii U game library. Just look at Generations for PS3/360/PC. That game was fantastic.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Gens was more than just fantastic, it was spectacular and the best Sonic game to date and saying this, why the hell isn't there a sequel to it? Sonic Boom is literally going to boom in sales.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Gens was more than just fantastic, it was spectacular and the best Sonic game to date and saying this, why the hell isn't there a sequel to it? Sonic Boom is literally going to boom in sales.

Because: Wii U has no gaems, Sanic Team has no clue what it's doing, Capcom cancelled Mega Man Legends 3, Sega outsourced Sanic to US devs, did I mention I frickin hate Capcom?

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo really wants to make sure people are aware this abomination's out:

Ku0EIrD.png

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I cant wait to get home and play it..i got mine in the mail today

Do report back... I preordered it because I'm stupid (just like with the past 10 Sonic games with the exception of Generations/Colors) and believe this one could be the one... Why I haven't yet resorted to alcohol to drown my problems, I don't know. Cheers.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I cant wait to get home and play it..i got mine in the mail today

Wow I'm surprised people from GBATemp actually pre-ordered this.. it's not like they weren't aware of how bad it is.

Sonic Boom will be known as Sonic 14 (like Sonic 06), ah forget that, Sonic Boom's a shitty title as it is already.​

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Please don't judge me. I swore I'd buy every Sonic game as a kid when I was 7 and played the original on Mega Drive. I never break promises. :/

I remember pre-ordering Sonic Lost World but after finishing all 8 worlds I decided to trade it in for Mario 3D World but then in 2014 I acquired SLW again and got all Golden Rings for the Super Sonic (plus for the DLC packs too).

I'd rather pre-order Captain Toad's game than Sonic Boom but honestly neither look to be worth it. Eh, once Smash is out 2014's done for Wii U exclusives.

There's still some quality exclusives to look forward to in 2015 (Zelda, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei and a few more).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd rather pre-order Captain Toad's game than Sonic Boom but honestly neither look to be worth it.
I loved the Captain Toad levels in SM3DW, but I also had enough of them while playing through that game! :) Still actually trying to 100% SM3DW, only need to complete a few more levels with all of the characters to get the last stamps. I'm still getting Captain Toad because I'm sure my sister and mother would love that game and I bet that's the audience Nintendo would like the game to appeal to.

And as far as Sonic games go... When I bought Lost World (at discount no less, for ONLY 20 euros) I thought it was the worst experience of all time. I couldn't even bother to complete the second world. I traded it in at GameStop for 10 euros and the worst part about this is, I actually felt for once they gave me a deserved amount. :rofl:

Sonic Boom... whether I'll just throw the disc at the wall or trade it in at GameStop, we'll see... Still waiting for Colors 2, Generations 2, Sonic and Knuckles 2, I'd even dish out money for a Sonic Spinball 2 :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips