Hardware Somethin's wrong with my battery

Lazyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am now using Switch for about 15 days and almost everyday, play on handheld mode. Its been a day and the battery started doing really weird stuff. Let me try to explain. I start playing on fully charged Switch on handheld mode and the battery drains to 1% for about 70minutes, then I am able to play on that single percent for more than 90minutes. But I cannot leave the switch beacause it can automaticly shutoff. (so it could be even more time), i can use it after i charge it again.
I think the battery seems fine , but maybe there is some problem that causes to console think that battery is drained, even its not true.
Edit: It also seems the battery charge very quickly (100% in 60 minutes+-), so now im not realyl sure where the problem could be :/

Last edited by Lazyt,

Lazyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well this is really bad :/, but i also believe it depends on customer service on region/country. I am from Czech Republic so the warranty for your "broken" merchandise is 2 years and the service and stores has 30 days to fix it, if not you must get automaticly new one or get money back. (I think this is working in all EU countries).
I also have spoken to Nintento Distributor of my country, it was the question what is going to happen with my saves, sadly the situation is the same as everywhere. They might can get lost.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're on the latest firmware and have 'recalibrated' the battery, it sounds like a battery issue (my iphone 6 has a similar issue and it is the battery).

Check if your retailer has stock and is willing to swap it, if not contact Nintendo.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you're on the latest firmware and have 'recalibrated' the battery, it sounds like a battery issue (my iphone 6 has a similar issue and it is the battery).

Check if your retailer has stock and is willing to swap it, if not contact Nintendo.
There is no such thing as calibrating Li-Ion/Li-Po batteries, and even if there was, the Switch doesn't give you such an option.

Lazyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
what is? recalibrating a battery?.. i own this switch afor about 20 days and problem started 5 days ago, i would like to return it but im really afraid about my zelda saves. My Distributor told me it might be lost

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no such thing as calibrating Li-Ion/Li-Po batteries, and even if there was, the Switch doesn't give you such an option.

It's a common tip/trick on mobile devices (including those which use li-ion) which involves draining the battery completely and then fully charging it, there's no 'app' for it per se.

what is? recalibrating a battery?.. i own this switch afor about 20 days and problem started 5 days ago, i would like to return it but im really afraid about my zelda saves. My Distributor told me it might be lost

Then your only choice would be Nintendo.

edit:

Or to fix it yourself (although this assumes that's possible e.g. getting a legitimate battery, etc.)

Last edited by tech3475,

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Some report that if you completely drain it (keep playing on 1% until it dies) and then charge it to 100%, then only ever use sleep mode instead of powering the Switch off completely, the reading will fix itself.
It's only when you use the power off button it messes up the indicator.

Lazyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Some report that if you completely drain it (keep playing on 1% until it dies) and then charge it to 100%, then only ever use sleep mode instead of powering the Switch off completely, the reading will fix itself.
It's only when you use the power off button it messes up the indicator.
i am shuting down my switch every single day..so it might be that problem to .. i am going to try it now a tell the result later.

Lazyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Heres my report: Seems like Switch battery fixed itself, yesterday when i was playing in handheld mode the battery holded up to 3 hours till 1% anyway i did complete recharge and drain battery again, and results was about 3h10mins. I really appreciate how Switch has really powerful saving system, even if its system almost dying the game will never shut downand you never loose you actual game

Lazyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Okay my problem with battery is back again, so im going to return my switch asap probably (or until N do something to cloud the save data). Its the same problem as I was talking days before. The batery life is absoluetl fine but it drains to 1% very fast and stays in 1% for very long time (i fixed this problem by recalibrating battery before once and it helped), at this moment handheld mode is totally useless, because if i turn my switch in sleep mode, it wont turn on again.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
and i thought nowadays batteries could be fully quick charged in 15 minutes? and normal charge is about 45 minutes?
Any quick charge method that I know actually does the quick charging only until battery hits 70 or 80%, from there to 100% it does a slow charge.
Normally promotional info about quick charging methods on smartphones say something along the lines of "from 0 to 60% in X minutes" or something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn