Hacking Solving Acekard contact issues

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this still a problem with the Acekard 2i? I'm about to order one from zhuzhuchina but I wouldn't want to have this problem.

I would like to know this too. I received an Acekard 2i from www.videogameplaza.com yesterday and it has the contact problem which I can get around using the paper trick but to me the card is faulty so is going back, I thought the Acekard team had fixed this problem long ago? :/

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Is this still a problem with the Acekard 2i? I'm about to order one from zhuzhuchina but I wouldn't want to have this problem.

I would like to know this too. I received an Acekard 2i from www.videogameplaza.com yesterday and it has the contact problem which I can get around using the paper trick but to me the card is faulty so is going back, I thought the Acekard team had fixed this problem long ago? :/

The acekard is well known for its contact issues, guess this is why this thread was created

Reactions: 1 person

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country

The acekard is well known for its contact issues, guess this is why this thread was created

Indeed, but you wil notice that this thread was created on the 25th June 2010 which is nearly 2 years ago, have the Acekard team really not fixed this problem in that time?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

Indeed, but you wil notice that this thread was created on the 25th June 2010 which is nearly 2 years ago, have the Acekard team really not fixed this problem in that time?

Not to my knowledge

Nyaa-hotep

Trophies
XP
Country
Had contact issues with my AceKard2i as well, the trick works absolutely great, but I was getting a bit annoyed by the paper always falling out whenever I needed to get the AceKard2i out.

So here's my solution:

- Get a Sticker Paper from your local bookstore (that paper with sticker adhesive on one side)

- Trace the AceKard2i cart shape on the sticker with a pencil

- Once you've traced the shape, use a cutter to, well... cut the thing out.

- Finally, stick the cutout on your AceKard2i. =) That should do the trick and make your AceKard2i fit snugly.

If you need the paper to be thicker, just add another layer of sticker paper on it.

Cheers! =)
Love your idea. So I could just basically make a custom skin for my Acekard's cover and it would also solve the contact issue. Nice.

Anyway I would like to ask if the reason some of my games, namely Pokemon White and Suikoden TierKreis, crash is because of contact issues? I never had these problems with other games.

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked perfectly for me. What I did specifically is I layered 3 peices of paper behind the connectors like you show and left like 1mm sticking out if I ever need to pull them out, no more freezes or start-up issues!

KrimsoN111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um...heh...i dunno' if i'm misunderstanding...but what about this problem.

i boot up my Acekard 2i on my 3DS, and get into a game. it plays fine for a bit but then when it goes to any given loading screen (game to menu, menu to game or even saving.) it freezes.
i turn my 3DS back on and it still recognizes the Acekard 2i, but when i start it up it says "an error has occurred, hold power button to turn off system." now, if i pop the sd card out and put it back in,
it boots up fine. mind you none of my other karts freeze...is it my sd card? or will any of these tricks help me?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Um...heh...i dunno' if i'm misunderstanding...but what about this problem.

i boot up my Acekard 2i on my 3DS, and get into a game. it plays fine for a bit but then when it goes to any given loading screen (game to menu, menu to game or even saving.) it freezes.
i turn my 3DS back on and it still recognizes the Acekard 2i, but when i start it up it says "an error has occurred, hold power button to turn off system." now, if i pop the sd card out and put it back in,
it boots up fine. mind you none of my other karts freeze...is it my sd card? or will any of these tricks help me?
Did you update to the latest firmware?
If you are running 4.3.0-10, then your flashcard was blocked in that update. You need to wait for the Acekard team to update their firmware.

Shade32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm suddenly having the blue loading screen issue, but as far as I can tell none of the fixes OP posted are for that kind of issue. Help?

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did is I cut a peice of of paper and i stuck it behind the gold pins. Then I pull the paper under and over the cart so it adds the perfect amount to my AK2i.
But unfortunately my ds lite doesnt work anymore. :cry:

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
some of you may have noticed that the 1st post is entirely blank. it appears to not have made the transition to the new forum software. however, the admin at akaio.net backed up the article a few years ago. i've just received a copy of the bbcode and am going to insert it into tk_saturn's 1st post. hopefully this will restore the thread.

-another world

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though it is a problem, the Acekard2i is one of many of the best flashcarts out there. The best trick I found that worked for me is just slipping a piece of paper under the PCB board, and BAM problem solved.

Malik Hajid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My god this is such a lifesaver. I was getting decently upset, thinking I made a bad choice getting the acekard because of how easily it froze up, but I think this fixed it perfectly!

weltall_of_id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After a long time of use my card started giving me problems. It has been a year now that it has been freezing if I would move around too much and let it around while playing. This last month though it would even randomly freeze. I used the first trick and used one of the advertisement flyers that are thrown at the door which is slightly thicker than a A4 paper and quite thinner than a business card, because I used that first and it felt like it was squeezing too much. After using just the first trick with the hole in the middle since mine had the bump, the card works once more like a charm! Thankfully the flyer was the paper that feel like plastic and it is much easier to slide in and not get all ripped. Thank you so much for posting this even if my post comes after 2+ years since the OP

-Edit-
After all using the first trick worked only for a bit and other times it would work, while others not. It would rarely randomly freeze or if I would fiddle with it too much, opening and closing the lid, or placing it down and picking it up a lot, it would eventually freeze. I used the TK paper trick though and now I can finally feel relaxed. I have been playing for hours upon hours and I open and close the lid, I took it out with me on a long bus walk and then back home and I would open and close the lid all the time putting it in my pocket. It has froze not even once up to now. I used the game trick with my old M3i card and I played for a couple of hours with it and it actually seemed to not freeze too, which was the reason I actually moved from M3i to AK2i . It even fixed my super old G6 card that I used with my old DSlite and again, I managed to play for at least 2+ hours, where before using the paper trick it would freeze within 30 minutes and I had to have it placed on a table or a desk not moving it much around (Used it only for pokemon transfers). The TK trick seems to be working perfectly. Just slid a piece of a business card behind the contacts and voila~

-Edit2-
Just here to confirm that the fix did not work only for a bit. 4 months and after using the latter fix (TK one) really fixed this and all my cards I used it on. Thanks once more and I am glad I stumbled upon this guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-