[Solved] Did ZhuZhu China send me an empty tin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update:

Yes, it seems that someone had stolen it somewhere along its journey from China to Australia.

It is being sorted out, and thanks to ZhuZhuChina for their customer service.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have seen this happen with other shops.
It happened to ShopTemp.com themselves back when they were up.
I know ZhuZhuChina and they are NOT trying to screw you.
Even if the package appears untampered it might have been opened at some point, they're very sneaky!

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Customs in Australia always put a sticker on the package if they open it. That is required by law.

It was NOT opened by customs.

I appreciate that it is easier to blame someone else, but customs can not be blamed.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe it was opened in China or whatever? Or maybe ZhuZhu just got lazy and didn't check THAT particular tin?

If it was paid with by paypal, open up a dispute.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Maybe it was opened in China or whatever? Or maybe ZhuZhu just got lazy and didn't check THAT particular tin?

If it was paid with by paypal, open up a dispute.

Paypal can't help as they sent the package with a tracking number.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They sent a package, but you didn't get what you paid for, that's the thing. You can open up a dispute 45 days I think after payment.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
They sent a package, but you didn't get what you paid for, that's the thing. You can open up a dispute 45 days I think after payment.

True. But given that they have a tracking number, they will win any dispute.
That is how it works with non-Ebay Paypal transactions.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
You have a tracking number too. File a dispute.

You might also want to tell the CycloDS team, they would be interested.

I can give it a try.
But I've read on many forums that if you buy from a seller outside of ebay, there is no Paypal protection, and it is impossible to get your money back if there is a tracking number.

It is basically my word against theirs.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Schizoanalysis said:
Customs in Australia always put a sticker on the package if they open it. That is required by law.

It was NOT opened by customs.

I appreciate that it is easier to blame someone else, but customs can not be blamed.

I've had the chance to visit the offices of Shoptemp.com so I understand the way those guys work.
They set up a processes for handling orders, packaging, and shipping out.
There is absolutely NO way that a box can go empty. Parcels are measured, weighed etc.
Yet some customers did complain about receiving empty boxes from shoptemp.

it must have been opened by someone, whether it is customs (it happens) or somewhere on the way (it happens too)

for the seller it's impossible to prevent that.
that is why it is ALWAYS the customer's duty to verify the content of a parcel before accepting it.
if it doesn't match what you are expecting you are entitled to refusing it and it will be returned free of charge.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
So the lesson is that while the delivery person is still there always open up the package and take it completely apart in front of him or her so you can refuse it? That's impractical.

I have no idea how shipping insurance works between China and Australia. I know well about when someone in fedex or UPS swipes a package but this is another can of worms. Maybe buying expensive flashcarts from China is too risky to be a viable option, but that would be fucked up and I hope it isn't the case.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
that is why it is ALWAYS the customer's duty to verify the content of a parcel before accepting it.
if it doesn't match what you are expecting you are entitled to refusing it and it will be returned free of charge.

I was not even home when the parcel arrived. I fail to see how it is my fault.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Schizoanalysis said:
Costello said:

I was not even home when the parcel arrived. I fail to see how it is my fault.

I looked on the site of the ACCU and I found this snippet of information that applies to your case:
You cannot reject goods when:
the goods have been thrown away, destroyed, lost or damaged through no fault of the supplier, after they were delivered to you

source: http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/961843

And in this case, even if someone else signed for your parcel, it still means that he or she agreed that he or she checked it before accepting it. Only if the person that was accepting the parcel did not sign, because goods were missing, you would have a strong case. I know it sucks, but that's how the law is. If they didn't do it this way, people could just open the package, remove its contents and return it to the sender, claiming content was missing.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Heran Bago said:
So the lesson is that while the delivery person is still there always open up the package and take it completely apart in front of him or her so you can refuse it? That's impractical.

I have no idea how shipping insurance works between China and Australia. I know well about when someone in fedex or UPS swipes a package but this is another can of worms. Maybe buying expensive flashcarts from China is too risky to be a viable option, but that would be fucked up and I hope it isn't the case.

that is impractical indeed, but if you want to ensure that you'll receive your goods properly, then you'll take an extra 20 seconds to open your parcel in front of the guy and tell him "it's your job" if he moans.
the delivery guy is perfectly aware of that and if he refuses to wait an extra 20 seconds then you should complain to his employer.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It seems highly unlikely that ZhuZhuChina would screw you over like that.

Though I'm also Australian and know that customs have certain rules pertaining to the opening of packages, it's obvious SOMEONE opened it along the way.

Maybe some sneaky Chinese officer who knew exactly what he was looking at, i.e. a very, very expensive flashcart (as someone already said).

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can understand that you would support a shoptemp supplier, as it raises a lot of money for the site.

But as it stands, I was not home when ther parcel was delivered, I did not sign for the parcel, I received an empty tin, and I appear to be out of pocket $42.

I am not a whining newb trying to get something for free, but a 2-year member of this site with 1,600 posts, and despite purchasing literally countless flashcards, I have never complained of an empty parcel before.

It just stings a little that I bought something from a shoptemp site and am now out of pocket $42.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I've had the chance to visit the offices of Shoptemp.com so I understand the way those guys work.
They set up a processes for handling orders, packaging, and shipping out.
There is absolutely NO way that a box can go empty. Parcels are measured, weighed etc.
Yet some customers did complain about receiving empty boxes from shoptem

So it's also impossible that someone who works at ZhuZhu just decided to take the money and just send an empty can?

Say he did that. And opened it up, and refused it, would he get his money back from ZhuZhu?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Schizoanalysis said:
I can understand that you would support a shoptemp supplier, as it raises a lot of money for the site.

But as it stands, I was not home when ther parcel was delivered, I did not sign for the parcel, I received an empty tin, and I appear to be out of pocket $42.

I am not a whining newb trying to get something for free, but a 2-year member of this site with 1,600 posts, and despite purchasing literally countless flashcards, I have never complained of an empty parcel before.

It just stings a little that I bought something from a shoptemp site and am now out of pocket $42.

this could have happened no matter where you purchased from.
like I said this happened even on Shoptemp.com (and other shops that i've known personally)
besides you don't need to blame me, zhuzhuchina, shoptemp or the whole world for what's happened.

You knew stuff like this can happen when you import illegal stuff from China.
On ShopTemp.net there is even a warning message about customs issues that shows up when you try to open a link from a shop that's not in your country.

And by the way, I'm not defending them in particular.
It's just that I've seen it happen with my own eyes and let me tell you -- the seller feels helpless when this happens.
The seller shipped the item correctly but at the end of the day SOME customers (that is obviously not the case here) pretend that they never received the item just so they can get their money back AND keep the item.
As long as the item is properly shipped and tracking info is given, I mean what else is the seller supposed to do? Trust every single customer when they say that they didnt receive an item?

There's something called "buyer protection" that you all know of but the seller is entitled to a little protection as well, to some extent.
That is why it is the customer's duty to verify the content of parcels upon receiving something, otherwise online trading is just plain impossible.

QUOTESo it's also impossible that someone who works at ZhuZhu just decided to take the money and just send an empty can?
Say he did that. And opened it up, and refused it, would he get his money back from ZhuZhu?
ZhuZhuChina is only just 1 guy as far as I know (small business)
if the parcel was returned "as is" by the delivery company itself, the seller would of course have been forced to acknowledge the issue and send another parcel (because the tracking states it when a parcel is refused/returned, so Paypal can force refunds in that case)
they would have been forced to reship the order but not necessarily refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes