[Solved] Did ZhuZhu China send me an empty tin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I opened this topic here beacuse I wanted to find out from other tempers if this was a one off, or if it happens more often.

I received the reply stating that you believed that customs had taken it, and would not send another card, so I took this to mean that this was your last word on the issue.

Having just lost $42, I was keen to find out from others on GBAtemp what I could do.

It is an unfortunate state of events, but blaming the customer (who just lost $42) seems to be a little harsh. I am sorry if I posted here too soon, but I was a little taken aback and confused. I have imported countless flashcards, and have never encounted this before.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
So basically you were too impatient to go through the proper support ticket procedure. So you accuse zhuzhuchina of trying to screw you and then decided to drag GBAtemp and Costello into this, even though zhuzhuchina are still dealing with your ticket and are still waiting for you to reply to their last communication so they can get clarification on the matter and what the problem is?

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
So basically you were too impatient to go through the proper support ticket procedure. So you accuse zhuzhuchina of trying to screw you and then decided to drag GBAtemp and Costello into this, even though zhuzhuchina are still dealing with your ticket and are still waiting for you to reply to their last communication so they can get clarification on the matter and what the problem is?

No, I went through the ticketing procedure, and waited for a reply. Is this wrong?

I read the reply and then posted here to get tempers opinions. Whats a forum for unless getting the opinions of others. As it stands there is no solid proof as to what actually happened.

I am out $42 and you are throwing more hate at me? Wow.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:

Uh... what? How did he drag Costello into this? Costello got himself into it :/

As for the GBAtemp thing, I would have done the same thing. Posted, see if someone ran into a similar problem or anything. Nothing wrong with that.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
ShadowSoldier said:
They sent a package, but you didn't get what you paid for, that's the thing. You can open up a dispute 45 days I think after payment.

True. But given that they have a tracking number, they will win any dispute.
That is how it works with non-Ebay Paypal transactions.
not true. I Order via pay pal many many times and ebay. I have goten fake games, bootleg movies or items in worse condition as posted, twice I got PSP cases with no game inside. I Open the case at paypal and they refund my money. Its a Guarantee paypal offers. The customer "must be satisfied" with the product. I even had 1 issue with a seller where he sold me a copy of ff12 with no booklet and he stated the game was complete, i open the case and he replied with he mailed it insured and that all was checked for at the post office, I replied with the game incomplete willing to mail it back to him for a refund which he refused to take. So I escalated the case and paypal refunded my money and I got to keep the game as well, paypal protection is a sweet deal, even better when you use credit cards via paypal cause if paypal dosent cover you the CC will no questions asked.

On another note the seller took the time to read the emails, the suport ticket and the note costello gave him, and also posted here. That means hes taking the steps to resolve the issue wich is the point of the resolution in the first place. When I ordered one of my flash carts from a *Bad* site they didnt even bother to reply for 2 weeks to my claim so I open the claim at the intermediator(paypal usualy) and it took them a week to reply from that one but alas they werent friendly like ZhuZhu China here who simply posted the things as he got them from his side(the tickets and such) all i got from my vendor were insults for scaling the issue to pay pal. But thanks to that paypal refunded me and I reordered from a better site.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
p1ngpong said:

As for the GBAtemp thing, I would have done the same thing. Posted, see if someone ran into a similar problem or anything. Nothing wrong with that.

Thank you for your support.

I didn't expect to be blamed by Costello when I posted this (it was seemingly my fault as I didn't look inside the parcel before I accepted it), or flamed by a former GBAtemp mod.

I think this is a good thread to be "out there".
What happens if you receive an empty parcel from China?
Nothing. You're screwed.
And keep it to yourself or get blamed or flamed.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
ShadowSoldier said:
p1ngpong said:

1- The support ticket is still ongoing, from what I have seen zhuzhuchina are still in the process of resolving it.

2- Schizoanalysis makes this thread stating quite clearly in his OP that zhuzhuchina are "trying to screw him over" even though they are still dealing with his ticket.

3- Schizoanalysis asks GBAtemp for help, even though its blatantly not necessary at this stage.

4- Costello feels obligated to personally contact zhuzhuchina about this, even though zhuzhuchina are still actively pursuing the ticket.

5- zhuzhuchina post here bemused as to why this thread was even created.

6- zhuzhuchina get bad publicity because Schizoanalysis is obviously impatient and jumping the gun.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been given no indication that ZhuZhuChina is "resolving the issue".
They have told me that customs took it on numerous occaisions.
At no point did they offer to send me a replacement.
It seems to me that I have lost $42.

It is clear that Australian customs did not take it (no sticker on parcel, which they must put on by law), but it is possible that Chinese customs took it. There is, however, no proof.

I understand that GBAtemp gets a kickback everytime someone buys something from shoptemp/ZhuZhuChina, and I can see why the site may want to quiet the issue. But my experience of losing $42, I believe, should be discussed. Why should this be censored?

Blaming me seems like overkill.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on a curious note I was under the impresion that when I make a claim to Paypal or my CC and I get instanly reimbursed its the insurance company for that service that is reimbursing me and unless they prove the seller of bad buisness the seller dosent get charged either? I have had some ebay sellers contact me after I get reimbursed that they dont care cause they still got the money for it and the make claim that I was right and the product wasnt as they posted.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Schizoanalysis said:
I have been given no indication that ZhuZhuChina is "resolving the issue".
They have told me that customs took it on numerous occaisions.
At no point did they offer to send me a replacement.
It seems to me that I have lost $42.

It is clear that Australian customs did not take it (no sticker on parcel, which they must put on by law), but it is possible that Chinese customs took it. There is, however, no proof.

I understand that GBAtemp gets a kickback everytime someone buys something from shoptemp/ZhuZhuChina, and I can see why the site may want to quiet the issue. But my experience of losing $42, I believe, should be discussed. Why should this be censored?

Blaming me seems like overkill.

this sucks, and I didn't mean to "scold" you or anything, I just think people need a reminder about verifying the content of parcels. It should be displayed more obviously on every shopping website to prevent things like that from happening
frown.gif

I am perfectly fine with a thread personally, but perhaps you shouldn't have attacked Zhuzhuchina like that.
I'm just saying, but honestly I understand the frustration.
I would feel the same way if it happened to me and I would try to seek responsibles immediately.

(besides no gbatemp doesn't get money if you buy from zhuzhuchina)
I felt the need to defend the seller on this case because like I said I've seen the exact same thing happen before; suspicion being cast on the seller while they'd done their job correctly and the buyer hadn't (ie. hadnt verified the contents of the parcel)

its important to educate customers but perhaps some sellers don't realize this...until it happens to them.

Schizoanalysis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you for the understanding.

I just don't understand why P1ngpong is intent on flaming me. I have accepted my loss (!), and am ready to move on, but he keeps picking at the open wound.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't just accept it. Keep chasing up the ticket, give them a chance to sort it out, if you get nowhere open a paypal or credit card dispute. If paypal or your cc company refund you, they'll pay you back first and then they'll pursue the company, delivery service, whoever. Then its not your problem any more.

Let your payment method decide if you or the company are liable, not the people you bought off or some armchair lawyers on the internet.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Thank you for the understanding.

I just don't understand why P1ngpong is intent on flaming me. I have accepted my loss (!), and am ready to move on, but he keeps picking at the open wound.

He's flaming you because, even after 11 transactions with ZhuZhu, you IMMEDIATELY thought the worst. Does 11 transactions not mean anything anymore? With an online seller, that's a lot. And yes, I myself have had this problem back when Stuffs4Kids was still around and I ordered an Acekard 2.1 from them. Got a box with just the Acekard box in it. I opened a ticket and waited. $20. Yeah, yours is about double that, but still. That was my 2nd transaction with them. This is your 11th. Surely after 11 times you trust them at least somewhat by now... Besides, shit happens. Stuff like this happens daily. Most people would immediately assume the worst, like you did, and effectively take it out on the seller.

Why is it never the delivery person who gets your wrath? The manufacturer? You next door neighbor? Whoever signed for the product? The ONLY place I ever immediately assume the worst on is places like eBay...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to be quite a lot of posts in other sections where people are immediately posting about their 3DS hinge breaking, or screen scratches or whatever and moaning about Nintendo's response before they've waited two weeks to see how it ends up. Don't see people getting butthurt about Nintendo being unfairly slandered.

Certainly give them a chance to address it, if they do the thread will have a happy ending and the seller's reputation will be intact. You can even edit the first post saying it's been resolved. No problem. Whether it's the customer's fault for not checking the package, the postal service used for robbing it, the seller, the fact the situation has been mentioned gives people a bit of info about what might go wrong when you make purchases like these. If that dissuades people from shelling out $42, the I'm afraid that's just capitalism for you.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see why everybody is bitching at Schizo for assuming it was the shop. With the way a lot of shops are now these days, they've set a bad name for every shop, even the legit ones. I would have done the same thing.

QUOTE said:
1- The support ticket is still ongoing, from what I have seen zhuzhuchina are still in the process of resolving it.

2- Schizoanalysis makes this thread stating quite clearly in his OP that zhuzhuchina are "trying to screw him over" even though they are still dealing with his ticket.
Honestly, if you were upset and just got ripped off (I'm not saying ZhuZhu ripped him off) and out of cash, you wouldn't be all calm about everything either. Nobody would be.

3- Schizoanalysis asks GBAtemp for help, even though its blatantly not necessary at this stage.
Why? If someone else ran into the same problem or anything for EXAMPLE from ZhuZhu, say I did, I'd want to know so I can help out by giving what happened with me.

4- Costello feels obligated to personally contact zhuzhuchina about this, even though zhuzhuchina are still actively pursuing the ticket.
Well he shouldn't feel obligated. ZhuZhu posts here quite a bit, and considering that this is mainly the only thing that shows up in the Site Discussion box.

5- zhuzhuchina post here bemused as to why this thread was even created.
I'm not answering this again.

6- zhuzhuchina get bad publicity because Schizoanalysis is obviously impatient and jumping the gun.
How? With ZhuZhu posting in here telling us everything, we get both sides of the story and everything. They're defending themselves. Better than them not replying at all like most shops right?

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Schizoanalysis please anwser to ticket support when you got time so maybe we can close this problem.

for all people at least let me allow to prove we shipped it correctly.
i upload the photo he gave to us
http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/download/others/IMG_3535.jpg
http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/download/others/IMG_3534.jpg
you can see the bottom side there is trasparent tape, that is not ours and however not reason to put on the side of the evenlope, we just use trasparent tape for the address label
that is very big sign of theft/seizure

i won't post the solution i offered to Schizoanalysis, but if he want can copy e attach here too, no problem really. It's just we don't need to post every proposed solution of internal support ticket here on gbatemp forum. this should be a buyer-seller problem only.

update: forgot to cancel the name on the photo , privacy is important

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the looks of the picture the package has most definitely tampered with or at least opened. I would complain to your local delivery company.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
ZhuZhuChina, I like the fact you guys handle things professionally and are active here on the forums.

I'm sorry you got a double Real life/Interwebin' Troll on your hands at the moment.
tongue.gif

Hope it works out.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zhuzhuchina said:
yes , Schizoanalysis confirmed that there is BIG hole under the tape , to take out the cyclo i metal box you need to cut all the evenlope

what I want to know is how do this kind of issue get resolved.
do the buyer get his money back or will a replacement be sent.

I just want to know so if this happens to me I will know what to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.