ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mexiken said:
I have a somewhat similar problem.

I recently used DOP IOS Mod to install basically all the files for 4.1 (including system menu) and everything went without a hitch. Now, from reading through this thread I see that reinstalling system menu means you must reinstall priiloader (I'm old school, I had Preloader installed, 0.2 I assume). Now, I downloaded the hacks.ini file in this thread, and put it on my root. Ran priiloader 0.3b, everything went fine. BUT, everytime I put in a newer backup (NSMB or Modern Combat) it asks for a system update via the disc channel.

Isn't priiloader supposed to block that with the file I nabbed from this thread ???? If not, how do I change the .ini settings ???? In the old days, you'd just modify the file directly, but that was advised against in this thread. I tried running the installer again to see if there's any screen in there to change settings, but no dice. Do I need a seperate app ????

Hold down the reset button and press the power button, keep reset held till it boots into priiloader, its on the menu there.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ekipstonmai said:
Talking about disc updates, I'm 4.1e and thats from an official nintendo update, and if I disable 'block disc updates' it tells me I need to update, is that normal?
Yes thats normal, because the newest version is 4.2
Thats why you must Enable "Block disc updates"

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
ekipstonmai said:
Talking about disc updates, I'm 4.1e and thats from an official nintendo update, and if I disable 'block disc updates' it tells me I need to update, is that normal?
Yes thats normal, because the newest version is 4.2
Thats why you must Enable "Block disc updates"

Sorry I should of said for mario party 8, I figured games after 4.1e would but MP8 is pretty old?

Kids are playing Mario kart for awhile, bliss
rolleyes.gif

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried enable block disc updates. Saved settings, back to home menu.

"Your system files are corrupted" black error message. It has NSMB in there and I assume is trying to read it. Any ideas ????

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.3b, the latest, right ????

And it worked once I turned off and turned back on. But making changes and then trying to boot to system menu won't work.

Also, even with the skip protection update, it won't work right. I'm just gonna nab cioscorp 3.6 and install that. Why does everyone seem to hate it so much though ???? Its uninstallable, and works with hackmii now, right ????

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ekipstonmai said:
Also how do I get da_letter_a attention to this thread?
A 4-page thread with disc channel problems usually catches my eye.
A pm works too, prividing my inbox isn't full.
laugh.gif

As for MP8, that's rather strange...
Is it a good dump?
Is it a good burn, or an old burn?
Is it the PAL version?
QUOTE(mexiken @ Feb 18 2010, 11:50 AM) .3b, the latest, right ????

And it worked once I turned off and turned back on. But making changes and then trying to boot to system menu won't work.

Also, even with the skip protection update, it won't work right. I'm just gonna nab cioscorp 3.6 and install that. Why does everyone seem to hate it so much though ???? Its uninstallable, and works with hackmii now, right ????
To put it quite bluntly, I think they're either scared or anti-pirates.

It about as safe as a normal update (4.1 or lower), or as safe as one of those safe updaters.
So it's not really that unsafe.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
mexiken said:
Tried enable block disc updates. Saved settings, back to home menu.

"Your system files are corrupted" black error message. It has NSMB in there and I assume is trying to read it. Any ideas ????

install the IOS for your system menu, get the one on cioscorp 3.6

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
ekipstonmai said:
Also how do I get da_letter_a attention to this thread?
A 4-page thread with disc channel problems usually catches my eye.
A pm works too, prividing my inbox isn't full.
laugh.gif

As for MP8, that's rather strange...
Is it a good dump?
Is it a good burn, or an old burn?
Is it the PAL version?

I checked the disc title and it came up as [RM8E01] which is 'Mario Party 8 (USA)' so I guess thats that one solved.

Is there anyway to get it to boot via disc channel? maybe patching the iso to a pal version, maybe using WDS Tool v1.2?

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're on 4.2E right?

Download the priiloader startup package, and install priiloader 0.3b. Make sure the hacks.ini is on the root of the SD card.

After installing, restart the Wii, but hold down reset while doing so. The priiloader menu will pop up. Go to preloader hacks, and enable the "Region Free EVERYTHING" hack.

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
You're on 4.2E right?

Download the priiloader startup package, and install priiloader 0.3b. Make sure the hacks.ini is on the root of the SD card.

After installing, restart the Wii, but hold down reset while doing so. The priiloader menu will pop up. Go to preloader hacks, and enable the "Region Free EVERYTHING" hack.
Already had that one enabled but tried it both ways just now and still wont load from disc channel. tried dumping it and burning it slower and on a better disc and nothing.

I've got the iso on my pc now so I'm gonna try to patch it and see if that works, most I lose is a dvdr and may even gain some knowledge
blink.gif

ekipstonmai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ekipstonmai said:
da_letter_a said:
You're on 4.2E right?

Already had that one enabled but tried it both ways just now and still wont load from disc channel. tried dumping it and burning it slower and on a better disc and nothing.

I've got the iso on my pc now so I'm gonna try to patch it and see if that works, most I lose is a dvdr and may even gain some knowledge
blink.gif

Hi, had a play, patched the iso and still nothing.

I downloaded and tried the hacks.ini from wiibrew site for the 4.1eur and we have some progress.

Having these enabled

[Auto-Press A at Health Screen]
[Block Disc Updates]
[Remove NoCopy Save File Protection]
[Force Disc Games to run under IOS249]
[Region Free Wii Games]
[Region Free Channels]
[Force Disc Region to Wii Region]

let MP8 load from the disc channel, but in black and white.

If I disable

[Region Free Wii Games]
[Region Free Channels]

It dont load anymore.

So its a step forwards I guess, any idea's?

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
First of all, DISABLE:

Sounds like the game doesn't have the PAL video mode data on it, meaning you'll have to load via Gecko OS, and mess with it's video mode settings, or go the easy way, and just "acquire" the PAL version somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2