So... Xbox One, or PS4? your next-gen choice

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

• The Xbox One

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • The PS4

Votes: 86 38.6%
  • The WiiU

Votes: 91 40.8%
  • None / a PC

Votes: 36 16.1%

• Total voters

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of the three, I'm feeling the WiiU. Donkey Kong, Mario World, and Super Smash Brothers will bring me many more hours of enjoyment than HALO, Forza, GT6, Final Fantasy, etc.

Not that the others are bad, they just aren't my cup of tea. I'm getting older, and after coming home from work everyday, the "realistic and modern" racing, shooter, and RPG games just end up seeming like... well... more work. The Nintendo games are (to me) charming and relaxing.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
My little boy is nuts for the Wii, especially Mario and Donkey Kong so if anything it looks like it will be the WiiU for me (following a nice Xmas price drop of course!).

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being that I've owned a Wii for 5 years and have four remotes/nunchuks/classics and a bunch of games, I'll probably get a Wii U. I already have a PC for more graphically-advanced games.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I`m not really sure yet... The XBone software lineup is miles ahead of the PS4s but all the negativity surrounding the XBone is kinda off-putting...

I think I´ll stick to WiiU for now but eventually I`ll get oe of the other two as well... But as I said I am not sure which one.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the Xbox's line up but a lot of it is multiplat it seems (Titan Fall, MGS5, Destiny), Spark was probably the most interesting exclusive I saw.

I'd say PS4 (despite having what I feel to be a worse E3 showing) but I'm not as into video games as I used to be. I'm usually occupying myself in other ways and I'd like to get more into Magic I'm thinking.

EDIT: Or I'll just break down and get a PC, I kinda need one getting into video production a lot.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Right, additionally to what emigre said about PSPlus (f*ck yeah PSPlus!)...
Does anybody really download retail games? (That's not rhetorical, I don't know)
Not only PSPlus but also Game Sharing - my girlfriend and I do it all the time. When we just know we'll both play a given game because it's relevant to our interests, we usually opt for a digital copy. Can't use a disc on two machines at once, can you?
At the moment at least, I don't think games are that big. Of course they're mostly ports from games that fit on a 360 disc (those were like 5GB, right?)
That hasn't been "a thing" for years now - the PS3's SDK has been modified to the point of usability and quite often the PS3 version is the default one, everything depends on the developer. Games are big, really big.
People complained about the price at $350. I imagine they would have gone insane over $400. Also, the PS3 itself was not profitable for Sony. They lost money on each console, then made it up with games.
Do you mean complaining about $350 in reference to the WiiU? Because in that case it's sort of complaining about paying $350 for a console that provides a rather small jump from the previous generation in comparison to paying a little more ($399) for a full-on leap, because it is a leap. ;)
Despite being large downloads, system updates don't take up that much room, since they replace titles.
Yes, that's true.
A few years ago, $100 would buy you 60GB. Now it will buy you 1000GB.
Which is why people love the fact that you can just remove the old drive and put a new one into a PlayStation instead of using an enclosure (additional costs) with the WiiU or using Microsoft's proprietary bullshit discs (inflated pricing).

I'm not saying they definitely made the right decision, but I can see their reasoning.

I somewhat do, but in this digital age, asking the customer to buy an enclosure (and not having a branded one) is kind of silly. They could've at least added an empty IDE/SATA slot to the console - that wouldn't hurt the on-board memory in any way and would allow the users to easily upgrade.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is why people love the fact that you can just remove the old drive and put a new one into a PlayStation instead of using an enclosure (additional costs) with the WiiU or using Microsoft's proprietary bullshit discs (inflated pricing).

I somewhat do, but in this digital age, asking the customer to buy an enclosure (and not having a branded one) is kind of silly. They could've at least added an empty IDE/SATA slot to the console - that wouldn't hurt the on-board memory in any way and would allow the users to easily upgrade.
While I don't disagree that an optional internal 2.5" drive would be a good idea, you aren't required to get an enclosure either. You can just get an external HDD. I've been using a Western Digital external hard drive with my Wii for USB loading and I find that convenient enough. It's nice and compact, and easy enough to move between the console and my PC for transferring files.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
While I don't disagree that an optional internal 2.5" drive would be a good idea, you aren't required to get an enclosure either. You can just get an external HDD. I've been using a Western Digital external hard drive with my Wii for USB loading and I find that convenient enough. It's nice and compact, and easy enough to move between the console and my PC for transferring files.

External drives are still more expensive than their standard "OEM" HDD equivalents, not to mention that they're usually worse "quality" drives. ;) It's just an unnecessary expense.

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Always been a pc.player but sony's ps4 has impressed me enough to buy on day one launch.

Already have a pretty good pc.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already have a WiiU so I'm getting a PS4. But not at launch. Might wait a few months or something first. Or I might just wait until either Kingdom Hearts 3 or an awesome title comes out, whatever comes first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-