So... Xbox One, or PS4? your next-gen choice

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

• The Xbox One

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • The PS4

Votes: 86 38.6%
  • The WiiU

Votes: 91 40.8%
  • None / a PC

Votes: 36 16.1%

• Total voters

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
We now know what to expect of the next generation of consoles:
- the Xbox One: an all in one multimedia center, just announced
- the PS4: a powerful & compact PC for your living room
- the Wii U: the Wii and the letter U together

so what's it going to be? and why?

Reactions: jonesman99

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I really don't want to miss some of the console exclusives.

But this time around I will probably be getting a PS4.
NONE of the new Xbox features interest me in the least, and the fee for used games? fuck you MS, you're not getting a $ from me this gen.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I already own the Wii U.
But between the PS4 and Xbox ONE, I am leaning more towards PS4.
But if the PS4 doesn't interest me, then I just buying a better PC.

It's too early for me to call right now.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well....
i´m going with the WII U for RHYTHM HEAVEN!!!!,
I´M going with the PS4 for games like knack,gran turismo, uncharted and others
and I´m going with the PC for Multiplatforms like FIFA and COD.

Honestly, the new XBOX didnt felt so `` great´´ like some people were expecting, but i´m lookin´forward to play it with my friends that are going to buy it.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probs Wii U if Nintendo can get their act together and show me their gamessss.

PS4, 50% powerful than Xbox one 1.8 gflops >> 1.2gflops, high speed memory Gddr5 8GB RAM, then shitty DDR3 for Xone. Not even saying always online, block used games and bullshit kinnect required.

If not PS4, I will build a monster PC in a few years.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This gen will be PC only until the Wiiu drops to ~150-200€ price in a few years - which is when I'll get one for local coop (smash bros, party games, kart and such).

The other two consoles have nothing to offer.
They cost as much as a PC but have less power, way smaller pools of available games, usage restrictions all around, bullshit gimmicks like voice commands, all that social bullshit they're rubbing into my face (really, a "share" button?) and nothing interesting in terms of games lineup.
I never had a positive opinion of the Xbox (mostly games lineup) and since Square stopped making good games halfway through the PS2 era and most of the good Atlus titles were switched to the NDS the Playstation doesn't have any good games anymore as well.

The only thing consoles in general have to offer nowadays that I care about is proper local multiplayer capabilities and the games fitting for that (Don't understand why anyone would see them as "core" gaming systems anymore, hell, handheld systems have more "core" games than the consoles do), and PS/Xbox have sucked balls in that department for the last two generations and I doubt it'll get better.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
This gen will be PC only until the Wiiu drops to ~150-200€ price in a few years - which is when I'll get one for local coop (smash bros, party games, kart and such).

The other two consoles have nothing to offer.
They cost as much as a PC but have less power, way smaller pools of available games, usage restrictions all around, bullshit gimmicks like voice commands, all that social bullshit they're rubbing into my face (really, a "share" button?) and nothing interesting in terms of games lineup.
I never had a positive opinion of the Xbox (mostly games lineup) and since Square stopped making good games halfway through the PS2 era and most of the good Atlus titles were switched to the NDS the Playstation doesn't have any good games anymore as well.

The only thing consoles in general have to offer nowadays that I care about is proper local multiplayer capabilities and the games fitting for that (Don't understand why anyone would see them as "core" gaming systems anymore, hell, handheld systems have more "core" games than the consoles do), and PS/Xbox have sucked balls in that department for the last two generations and I doubt it'll get better.

Give us the scoop on how much they cost because it's news to us all here.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a WiiU and will be getting a PS4, but not right away. Definitely wait a few years.

Everything Microsoft said and did today just completely swayed me away. But even their practices with Xbox 360 convinced me not to buy from them again.

I'd like to be able to take my console up to the cabin where there is NO internet at all in the area, and watch movies or play games. Hell, Microsoft was touting (though I'm pretty sure Sony said the same thing first) that the console is by gamers, for gamers. Why the fuck should I have to go online once every 24 hours if I'm playing a single player game? There's no reason for it. You're not downloading data or anything. On GTTV, the guy who made the controller was even doing a bit of bashing at the PS4 and WiiU saying "Gamers dont want to look at a second screen, it's too hard. Gamers also don't want a little touch pad either". To be honest, Microsoft totally fucked up this time around. The console itself (though I'd assume it's likely to change) even looks like my old VCR.

My prediction is, they'll sell a couple million, then people will realize how dumb the thing is.
I really don't want to miss some of the console exclusives.

But this time around I will probably be getting a PS4.
NONE of the new Xbox features interest me in the least, and the fee for used games? fuck you MS, you're not getting a $ from me this gen.

There's rumor going around that the fee for the used game isn't a measly 5 bucks either.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs

So as I'm reading that, I'm thinking "wait, I go to EB Games, buy a used game for say 20 bucks, then I have to dish out another 40 to play the thing?"

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing what MS and Sony have to offer, game-wise, I'm leaning towards just upgrading my PC and keeping on w/ the U.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Im going to bitch and whine about both whilst playing monster hunter on my 3DS untill someone who's opinion i actually respect tells me to shut up in a convincing way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over