So... Xbox One, or PS4? your next-gen choice

If you had to pick one, which would it be?

• The Xbox One

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • The PS4

Votes: 86 38.6%
  • The WiiU

Votes: 91 40.8%
  • None / a PC

Votes: 36 16.1%

• Total voters

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you go again, lol
You know what I meant you just wanted to comment to get your post count up or something. How long you gonna stalk me? I'll post something else in a few minutes so you can troll some more, just keep an eye out for my posts.

I was like just looking at the front page's recent posts section, saw this thread popped up, and replied to a comment I felt needed a reply. There's no stalking or personal vendetta here.

I was literally just correcting you and not really doing anything else.

Reactions: TripleSMoon
D

Deleted User

well im waiting, im not getting a wiiu/ ps4 this year, im only going to buy a few games so i wont have any money for any other console :P

Reactions: bearmon2010

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Still if it's constantly decreasing, why not just include one for the console? The $50 difference in PS3s is the difference between a 250GB hard drive and a 500GB hard drive. 32GB is an absolutely terrible decision considering how "digital friendly" the console supposedly is. I mean games can reach theoretically 50GB in size (dual layer "proprietary Nintendo medium") and when your native hard drive can't even support a single one of those (hell it would struggle supporting a single full sized 25GB game with all the system updates and what not) then you have a huge issue on your hands.

I mean you pay $350 for the deluxe system and what, $50-$100 for a hard drive because odds are you'll need one if you actually want to have digital software in any reasonable manner?

It's just a really unwise decision to go "Look we're not the Wii! We're digital friendly!" and then slap you with a hard drive that's incredibly behind the times.
  1. Does anybody really download retail games? (That's not rhetorical, I don't know)
  2. At the moment at least, I don't think games are that big. Of course they're mostly ports from games that fit on a 360 disc (those were like 5GB, right?)
  3. People complained about the price at $350. I imagine they would have gone insane over $400. Also, the PS3 itself was not profitable for Sony. They lost money on each console, then made it up with games.
  4. Despite being large downloads, system updates don't take up that much room, since they replace titles.
  5. A few years ago, $100 would buy you 60GB. Now it will buy you 1000GB.
hd-cost-graph-small.png

I'm not saying they definitely made the right decision, but I can see their reasoning.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  1. Does anybody really download retail games? (That's not rhetorical, I don't know)
  2. At the moment at least, I don't think games are that big. Of course they're mostly ports from games that fit on a 360 disc (those were like 5GB, right?)
  3. People complained about the price at $350. I imagine they would have gone insane over $400. Also, the PS3 itself was not profitable for Sony. They lost money on each console, then made it up with games.
  4. Despite being large downloads, system updates don't take up that much room, since they replace titles.
  5. A few years ago, $100 would buy you 60GB. Now it will b
I'm not saying they definitely made the right decision, but I can see their reasoning.

1) Yes. Playstation Plus.
2) You download a couple of retail gaems than space is going to be an issue. I have an 80GB PS3 and I am struggling with space. Now the premium Wii U has 32GB of storage, download a game like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which is around 15GB than half ya storage it gone.
3) The PS3 was unprofitable because building a HD console in the mid 2000s was fucking expensive, not helped by Sony's fanciness for certain cell processor. PS3 production costs had decreased by 70% in 2009. Nintendo wouldn't have had such an expensive(or traumatic) development in comparison to Sony.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea how I got a deja-vu moment there.
If I liked the PS3, I'll like the PS4. However, when I saw a huge moment of the PS4's touch screen, it kind of reminded me of the Wii U.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ow, this is going to be so funny now :)

I'm really thinking of picking a Wii U up, if Mario Kart is done well enough (and the price is right). Really, that game.... Systemseller

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm changing my mind to PS4.
E3 completely turned my mind around, and I'd say I'm making the right decision.
Still iffy about even holding onto my wii u though. Was not impressed by Nintendo direct in the slightest..

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 slightly over WiiU.
WiiU has a few games I really want to play but not much besides those titles.
PS4 has a bunch of games I want to play though.
WiiU also has a pretty cool controller and off screen gaming is nice but I'm still feeling the PS4 since I'm still mad about all that Wii shovelware.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now all the information is out there I am 100% for the PS4, it just seems like a more suitable option for me as I never really buy new games, I like to bu pre-owned, even if it only saves me a few quid.

Plus I like the fact that I can take the PS4 down to Wales when me and my mates go on our regular caravan trips, as there is no Wifi where we go :)

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U is what I want mainly. Probably will get a PS4 as well depending on what games don't end up coming to PC (I all ready have a decent PC).

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've changed my mind, I wont just stick with a PC. I'm definitely getting the XBone. No I'm not crazy XD. Forza, Spark, Halo, and some other games all interest me. I may also pickup a Wii U for Smash Bros. and X.

Deleted member 329676

All sweet & honeycomb
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty happy with my Wii U for now, so it'll probably be awhile until I get another console. When I do though, it'll probably be a PS4. While I would say "definitely," a lot could change in how I feel about them once the consoles are actually released.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I'm in no hurry for a next gen console.

I do know Xbone won't be one of my purchases, i'll probably stay with PC until i feel the time is right for my next console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over