Hardware So with the 2DS XL official, what will the LCD panels be?

What will Nintendo do with the new 2DS XL panels this time?

• Nintendo will be great this time and give us glorious viewing angles and color IPS panels only!

• Nintendo will pinch pennies even harder and it will only have shit TN panels

• It will be the bullshit LCD guessing game all over again. TN? IPS? Both? Who knows!?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I meant, these kind of shit users usually come from other forums, and they sign up on GBATemp just to get the hold of hacks for their consoles cuz they know this forum is where most hacks, mostly Nintendo consoles, are from.
Just ignore him tho, either he'll get nuked by the mods or he'll get bored and hump whatever forum board he came from.

Reactions: Dionicio3

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that since this came out of nowhere, it indicates they've been doing this on the lowdown and in a rush so things don't leak. Thus, I suspect that they'll be TN panels, if I'm not mistaken, those are cheaper than IPS ones. Or they could surprise and all are IPS, didn't they turn up a profit the last quarter? They're getting money now rather than losing it, stands to reason they'd go for IPS.

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, what is even the point of you insulting people?

Now I will patiently wait here for this thread to be nuked by mods

I don't put up with know it all shit heads

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just ignore him tho, either he'll get nuked by the mods or he'll get bored and hump whatever forum board he came from.

Keep taking Wesker, ya little bitch

I have a feeling that since this came out of nowhere, it indicates they've been doing this on the lowdown and in a rush so things don't leak. Thus, I suspect that they'll be TN panels, if I'm not mistaken, those are cheaper than IPS ones. Or they could surprise and all are IPS, didn't they turn up a profit the last quarter? They're getting money now rather than losing it, stands to reason they'd go for IPS.

Sadly, Nintendo has NEVER been known for logic

Reactions: RustInPeace

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't put up with know it all shit heads

Keep taking Wesker, ya little bitch

Sadly, Nintendo has NEVER been known for logic
Says the know it all shit head

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hopefully we won't have to send this new 2DS XL back to Nintendo to replace the TN screens with IPS but if I wanna safe bet, IPS.
Its not as expensive as TN and there's no 3D so why not?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Let's try to discuss the topic at hand, and lay off the bickering and insulting. Okay? Otherwise this thread will be locked up.
/Mod

D

Deleted-368796

They will either be TN, IPS, OLED, AMOLED, or Plasma.
Well Ninty IS known for panel lottery, so it could be any of these!
I'll keep buying and returning systems till I get my cathode-ray tube 2DS

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i purchased a N3DS XL Pikachu, Galaxy and neither had an IPS screen. My guess is this new 2DS will sport TN displays. Now I have a O3DS XL with the TN screens and never had an issue, loved gaming on it, till I purchased a N3DS XL Black that came with an IPS top screen. It looks really good compared to my old TN and will not go back.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Buy a used N3DS XL with dual IPS and turn off 3D, problem solved.

On to the topic, I think it's going to be the guessing game all over again but this time around I don't think there will be dual IPS models.

Last edited by Nemix77,

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever technology they use, I hope that it has good viewing angles and good blacks. Some IPS displays cannot display black at all, it is just a bright grey mess and kills the atmosphere. Personally I would use VA displays as most TV manufacturers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay