jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Just wondered here whos using the ban wave as a push towards the ps3? I think its time i jumped ship to the ps3. I know i got banned for a reason but i didnt really care too much about live. Plus im fed up of buying 2 xboxs a year and paying 35 quid a year to hear some whiney lil 12rd old kid screaming "faggot" and god knows what else down the mic at whoever. I figured too the xbox 360 has no major online exclusives so if i grab a ps3 for online play and exclusives i can still keep my banned xbox for single player games that dont need live.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my PS3 online all the time, SF4/MW2 rock. Keeping the modded 360 for single player games and ps3 for all real purchases including online titles. I see 0 point to purchasing another 360 for it to get banned again one day + the cost of Live.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have one already.
exclusives, the built quality,quiet as a mouse(easy for me to sneak on it at night and play it)
the low price now, and also remember : It Only Does Everything

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Considering how the PS3 Essentials list was once flooded by people saying "PS3 has no games" I find this move quite funny.

I've had both for a couple years and my (PS3 games purchased / month) and (360 games pirated / month) are about the same back in 2006~2007 and in 2009.
I just don't get what made PS3 any more "relatively" attractive right now besides the price tag.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm,I can do without a PS3 for now,if my xbox breaks I will get one,but the only way one broke was when I failed to hack it right. The only games on PS3 (FOR ME) that are worth getting are also on xbox,I don't care much for there exclusives except Resistance,that game is so kick ass looking,never played it but looks insane awesome,BUT I cant just get PS3 for that game.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ps3 has some nice games I admit that but after playing my 360 since release (legitimately haven't been a pirate for my 360) I can't stand the ps3's controller, for some reason it just makes me cringe when I look at it and when I pick it up *shudder* it just feels all wrong thats the only reason I haven't bothered buying a ps3 (I was round a friends for the controller nightmares) and seeing as my 360 is legit then I have no worries of getting banned my only worry is it breaking CONSTANTLY ¬¬ currently need another new 360 XD mine died awhile ago haven't got round to replacing it and I want star ocean Q.Q
sorry for kinda going off topic there I have a habit for doing that XD

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Have had one for about 2 years now. I fear it is about to YLOD on me though, if that happens I'm through with Sony and maybe console gaming in general. Obviously I can't rely on Microsoft for hardware, but if my second PS3 breaks, thats just too much.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Have both a 360 (banned) and PS3, but I can still play online with my friends on my 360 anyways with the games we like to play (Borderlands, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2). Good old Xlink Kai
smile.gif

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a ps3 for a while. I liked it very much.

Yes i;ve just been banned & you know what i did? Went out & bought another cross-box.
the ps3 is very nice but the one thing i cant get over is the controller. I'm so used to the 360 controller that i had to go buy another, I got an arcade box + MW2 for £149.99 which is not a bad deal if you ask me.

I love them both the same, its jsut the 360 is what im used to & has kinda become "the workhorse" as far as consoles go.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had a PS3 for almost half a year now. I bought it after years of playing friends' 360s and PS3s while enjoying my Wii and gaming PC, and trying to decide between 360 and PS3.

In the end, I went with PS3 because it had loads of exclusives that would never make it to PC (whereas the best 360 games end up on PC anyway). Also, I needed a Blu-ray player.
And even though Xbox Live is cheap, I find PSN sufficient enough for something that's free.

I do want a 360 however, to pirate some games.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. Because of previous Playstations I had no problem using PS3 controller but I couldn't stand Shooters that mapped the fire button to R2.
L2/R2 are pressure sensitive buttons but they're not trigger buttons and mapping fire button to it just doesn't make any sense. (Ever played a racing button where down is accel, right is handbrake, A is steer left and start is camera angle change?)

One game I can't stand on the 360 controller is Katamari and any game that uses the D-pad a lot (namely Dead Rising). Newer 360 pads have better d-pad but I still use the one from Premium and its dpad is honestly sub-1980 quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1