Hacking So umm... is the R4 dead?

HipHopGunner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing that I just received my R4 in the mail today. I was talking to my friend and he's like, why did you buy an R4? And basically he said that the R4 doesn't get any updates anymore and that it's dead, and he says that you should have gotten cyclods.

I looked at the r4 website and the last kernel was like 5 months ago. There was another forum topic about using R4SDHC kernels, 1.21. So I thought that would be a nice alternative to the conundrum, but I wasn't sure if that's entirely possible in the first place because well, I didn't really read it.

So yea, just wondering if the R4 is dead, and start saving up for like... a cyclods or something. Hopefully that doesn't die.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST. INTERNET WAS FUNKY!!
frown.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Seven said:
Law said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
The R4 is as dead as your PS2.

Simple enough
smile.gif

Eh, the PS2 still has some life left in it.

Europe is still waiting on Persona 3: FES, after all.
Persona 4 for NA people too. Doesn't look like there's a date for Europeans yet...
frown.gif

Probably a few months after Persona 4 is released since they have to translate it from English into four other languages.

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:
Fine, the R4 is as dead as the original XBox.
the orinagl xbox is not dead at all. there still alot of ppl using it as media centers ect.. and still stuff being made for it. lol

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ysmenu it supports the new games cause it uses the dstt kernal to boot games it can boot and now it has dldi surport aka.can boot homebrew id use R4YSauto or something on gba temp some one made you dont even have to unzip the files it can do it
yaynds.gif

and there is support one last update (rumor) and if u have a fake r4 it will brick your ds (release date) 15th September

checking if your r4 is fake

peel the sticker off and if there a chip FAKE no chip LEGIT
or the easy fix boot ds without r4 then put it in and if it restarts Fake
yaynds.gif

have fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol