Hacking So it seems there's a webkit explot for PS3.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never modded the ps3, i have a super slim so i never even thought about the possibility of doing it, but now that there might be a chance to hack the console, should i use specific DNS on the console to avoid system updates?

I don't think the PS3 is as bad as the Wii U when it comes to forced updates. As long as you disable automatic updates in the PS3 settings, you should be fine.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'd stay away from psxhax, if this is actually true just wait for wololo to say so as they are trustworthy. But coming from there it's probably a scam.

True, I don't care what anyone says but that site is a playground for shitposting fake news, scams and drama. Anything for clickbait to gain revenue from traffic and has been mentioned in legit sources before.

Take anything there as a pinch of salt and wait for it to be mentioned in other trusted places.

Reactions: rileysrjay

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
okk
Xla3kgh.png

Reactions: Thelonewolf88

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Webkit exploits for Wii U are detected by the AV too, but they're not harmful...
It makes sense though. If utilized on a PC, could be used to gain unauthorized access, so naturally a decent antivirus would detect it.
oh okay, my bad guys c: (you learn something everyday)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I'm sure most of you know a webkit exploit is just a userland entryway... we would still need to defeat the hyper visor to be able to do anything that a jail broken console allows. This will not allow piracy and will only permit limited homebrew. So I guess the big question here is do you have a privilege escalation exploit or is this only a userland hack?

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
Funny, If the ps3 webexploit can be hosted locally, Windows defender would immediately detect it just like it does for the Wii U exploit and delete it if you have the default settings. I am curious though on how this will proceed....

D

Deleted User

I registered just to clear things up a bit....so here it goes

1) The PSXHAX post is not fake and I am a developer there.
2) The original thread was on PSX-Place, but has been moved to the Private Section
3) The current test page located on the websploit site is the last public test page before going private
4) There will not be any releases until we have everything worked out.
5) The only *tested* firmware so far is 4.81.
6) If successful in our venture, all models on OFW should be supported
7) Only time will tell :ninja:
You should take everything in PSXHax with a grain of salt, they're known to report wrong news and spreading misinformation.
*To end that: hype bois*

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Funny, If the ps3 webexploit can be hosted locally, Windows defender would immediately detect it just like it does for the Wii U exploit and delete it if you have the default settings. I am curious though on how this will proceed....
Just add the folder where you keep the files to the exceptions...
Or don't use Windows.

Reactions: KeoniAzugon

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ATTENTION: Anyone thinking this is fake because of it being on PSXHAX that is false. This was on PSX-Place before it was on PSXHAX. At first I doubted it because I thought the developer was different from the one on PSX-Place, but this is legit so don't take it with a grain of salt because this is real. @esc0rtd3w and @godreborn are trusted people. Good luck you guys!!!

SomeAnonGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I registered just to clear things up a bit....so here it goes

1) The PSXHAX post is not fake and I am a developer there.
2) The original thread was on PSX-Place, but has been moved to the Private Section
3) The current test page located on the websploit site is the last public test page before going private
4) There will not be any releases until we have everything worked out.
5) The only *tested* firmware so far is 4.81.
6) If successful in our venture, all models on OFW should be supported
7) Only time will tell :ninja:

Oh damn, you came. Wasn't expecting that, but thanks for coming in and clearing up a few things. Like I said before, keep up the good work man. I'm sitting on three working fats that were too far updated, and I'll be damned if I'm even gonna risk the chance of them being borked with hard flash or them getting lost in post. I just thought to look up what's new in the PS3 world after getting a slim from a friend and came across your post, and linked it here. The Sony hacking scene has always been shady since the PS2 days and it's unfortunate the reputation of HAX is kinda marring your work, but just keep at it. The work will speak for itself.

Last edited by SomeAnonGuy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...