Hacking So...is my N3DS dead?

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but couldn't you replace one of those files with homebrew launcher by renaming the 3dsx/bin/whatever file?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have access to homebrew launcher. How can I run sysupdater? I can only access Decrypt9, uncart and emuNAND9 via triggers on my DS when I boot.
I think someone ported CTRBootManager as an arm9loaderhax.bin payload, but I can't remember what it was called (I used arm9select). You could use that to launch the HBL boot.3dsx, run Luma3ds.3dsx with firm blocking disabled, launch the HBL boot.3dsx again, and then run sysupdater.3dsx

"BootCTR", maybe? EDIT: Found it. https://github.com/hartmannaf/BootCtr9/releases

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,
P

PaiiNSteven

This thread though.
Have you attempted a hard mod? Seeing how far this thread has gone, you might need one. But dont worry, with a hardmod you can easily fix it by putting your nand image directly into the 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I haven't seen anyone suggest trying to boot with the sd card removed. If I screw up MY system (using menuhax, not a9), I can usually remove the sd card and it'll just boot into SysNand as if there were no modifications at all.
The thing about this is, is that even if the 3DS is working, it wont boot without the SD card.

timmie897

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This thread though.
Have you attempted a hard mod? Seeing how far this thread has gone, you might need one. But dont worry, with a hardmod you can easily fix it by putting your nand image directly into the 3DS.
I don't think that would work because it seems like the system files in his nand image are corrupted or something.
Maybe sysupdater can fix this if you can get it to run.

P

PaiiNSteven

You trolling?
Nope.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think that would work because it seems like the system files in his nand image are corrupted or something.
Maybe sysupdater can fix this if you can get it to run.
Theoreticly, if someone were to make an a9lh bin file for sysupdater, he could get it to work.
@3dsn00b Did you delete the extdata off of your sd card? Its useless and you can easily modify it later if you want it back. Its for theme data and such.
edit: read beginning post over. above is useless. :I

Last edited by ,

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using reinand. See what happens? It will boot sysnand mode if no emunand is found as well as firm protection while in sysnand.

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We can restore with hardmod a backup WITH a9lh ? Just to know :)

Try using reinand. See what happens? It will boot sysnand mode if no emunand is found as well as firm protection while in sysnand.

Wuh dude, Luma do the exact same thing (oh well, luma is a fork of reinand)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases