Hacking So...is my N3DS dead?

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not. I am warning people against it saying that they should take all the precautions necessary. There is nothing wrong with using emunand, it adds an extra layer of security. Yet everyone is acting like everything is 100% safe and you can use updated sysnand mode 100% safely, when they don't know. No one does.

I am all for a9lh. I have it on both my 3DSes, with emunand. I am against everyone going around and recommending everyone use updated sysnand because no one knows if it's truly safe.

Remind me why any of this proves me wrong in recommending that people keep using emunand with a9lh?

You're all acting like I'm recommending against A9LH as a whole. No, I'm recommending against using pure sysnand. Using pure sysnand can be done without A9LH. rxtools sysnand mode? Pasta CFW? Gateway sysnand mode? Anyone?

That could have happened with any of those. I never said A9LH was the cause of the problem, so why is everyone acting like that's what I'm saying?
You don't see me persistently going around and telling people not to use A9LH, to keep using menuhax, do you?

Remind me when you were able to prove that emunand adds an extra layer of security. Or that this brick wasn't caused by aliens.

D

Deleted-236924

Remind me when you were able to prove that emunand adds an extra layer of security. Or that this brick wasn't caused by aliens.

Now you're just being obtuse.
It adds an extra layer of security because you'll be writing/reading to and from SD card rather than the nand chip itself.

If you're going to suggest that this was caused by aliens, then you have no credibility, and I'm done with you.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It adds an extra layer of security because you'll be writing/reading to and from SD card rather than the nand chip itself.

If you're going to suggest that this was caused by aliens, then you have no credibility, and I'm done with you.

Oh, so you're saying that making baseless claims and arguing them by saying "you can't prove me wrong" is a terrible way to make your case? How about that.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except I never made any 'claims', but whatever you want to believe. ;)

"Another thing to add to my list of reasons why not to go pure sysnand with a9lh.
I keep saying to keep using emunand, but nobody listens to me."

And you have the nerve to call me obtuse.

Last edited by kingaz,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

After rereading everything. Id like to say I'm sorry. I completely misunderstood what you were saying. I mistook your words as saying that a9lh was the issue. Saying that he shouldn't have installed A9LH. Even though you never mentioned that. I need to read more carefully.

Yes, emunand does add a secondary layer of security for purposes like this. You run emunand on a9lh, you don't need to worry about firm0/1.

Last edited by Kioku,

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that escalated quickly! I kinda feel responsible for the derailment (though that was not my intent). No one here has any idea, baseless or otherwise, what caused this unit to brick other than a game was installed via BBM.

The EmuNand argument was simply that since EmuNand does nothing to SysNand, then the OP could have simply replaced the SD Card/set up a new EmuNand to get the unit back (or stay broken, which is possible) or simply remove the SD card and boot into a clean SysNand. If the unit failed to boot under these circumstances, then it would probably be highly likely that it was a hardware failure or a corrupted Nand.

With a9, since it's dependent on the SD card, that particular piece of trouble-shooting isn't possible.

THAT is the reason I cited for staying on EmuNand as opposed to a9. I wasn't really trying to say a9 was at fault or was any better or worse than EmuNand. Because they are BOTH equally useful and have their own merits and flaws.

Now, let's stop the master race nonsense and the method bashing and get back to troubleshooting (or not, since the OP said he was done with it many posts ago!)

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think,it's a my opinion(wrong obtuse or anything else)that the use of emunand is ever(approx)a good saving port expecially for the noobs like me,my common sense cannot say to people "hey you had a9lh installed,fuck off emunand and go all sysnand updated" is a matter of choices and for the noob(like me)i can suggest EVER to mantaining an Emunand partition,wrong or right that's my opinion,bye :)

Last edited by AlucardjX,

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After rereading everything. Id like to say I'm sorry. I completely misunderstood what you were saying. I mistook your words as saying that a9lh was the issue. Saying that he shouldn't have installed A9LH. Even though you never mentioned that. I need to read more carefully.

Yes, emunand does add a secondary layer of security for purposes like this. You run emunand on a9lh, you don't need to worry about firm0/1.
Implying that SysNAND doesn't add a layer of security.
It blocks writes to firm0/firm1 to prevent updating so it's just as secure as EmuNAND.

It's down to user error since they can use tools that don't have proper A9LH firm protection.

Reactions: ElyosOfTheAbyss

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not. I am warning people against it saying that they should take all the precautions necessary. There is nothing wrong with using emunand, it adds an extra layer of security. Yet everyone is acting like everything is 100% safe and you can use updated sysnand mode 100% safely, when they don't know. No one does.
4SH36lB.png

If you have A9LH it completely invalidate EmuNand being a layer of security considering it brick proofs your device. And yes you CAN USE updated Sysnand Mode 100% safely, it works the same way EmuNand Works because the CFW does all of it.

If anything EmuNand is less safe because you have SysNand still available (when using Menuhax)

Besides its already been discussed that there are no losses using SysNand Mode in A9LH vs EmuNand because its 100% recoverable.

I could say its 99% because no one knows yeah but thats because of random factors that apply to anything that could happen
If anything your wording is saying that A9LH isnt safe at all when its the safest thing we have

Reactions: astronautlevel

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
eh atleast 3ds noob does not have a hard mod another guy who had the problem has a hardmod so nintedo will most not likely repair his system

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
eh atleast 3ds noob does not have a hard mod another guy who had the problem has a hardmod so nintedo will most not likely repair his system
i have working emunand though, so i don't need to repair it, my n3ds xl is rocking as it should, i just can't acces my 9.2 sysnand and i don't really care =)

Reactions: Disco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la