Hacking So i have A "NEW" 3DS XL - Can i Mod it - 11.3.0-36 - Just Wanna Play Back Ups

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You didn't specify before, so it sounded like you were generalising.

I thought I'd made it pretty clear that there is a high likelihood, or should I say "probability", of another exploit being found, simply based on probability alone. But again, I also made it clear that the 3DS has been hacked quite extensively, so that also increases the likelihood of another exploit being found. @Crystal the Glaceon is right though - we don't know how long it will be until a new hack shows up, and it's unlikely we'll magically get a downgrade hack overnight thanks to NATIVE_FIRM. That doesn't mean it can't or won't happen at some point though. Remember, I never gave a timeline for it happening. I just said it'll happen. One day. That doesn't mean you should sit around waiting for it to happen, because it could be a while.

Also, you can't really say that you agree and won't use that as an argument any more when you've just being doing that the whole time. Heck, anyone who has the time to install A9LH+Luma should have the time to do some basic reading on the risks and basic details and explanations of the 3DS, CFW, homebrew etc. Anyone who can't do that shouldn't be installing A9LH+Luma (or at least, not installing such a thing and then whining when they screw it up because they didn't do some basic research first).

There's more than one developer. Someone will eventually hack it, even if it takes a century. Even if it's a completely different developer to the ones who are currently working on the 3DS.

Also, my point about the 3DS basically being an open floodgate was more to do with the fact that they can now better understand how the system works and have the ability to run more code and such of their own on it, allowing them to be armed with better knowledge for finding and exploiting weaknesses in the system which could potentially lead to further public exploits.
The thing is, you can wait, but the longer you wait the more the 3DS sells. The more the 3DS sells, increasing the likelihood that 11.3 systems will start making their way to the market.
Your best option now is really to just sell your system if your are on OFW 11.3 without a CFW. Every new system on the market now will be exploitable, exploit that.

Reactions: nechigawara

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
@TCJJ The point is, I speak about now, what we saw, what the current situation.
And I point that, broken wide-open doesn't mean the exploit the dev found will be usable or possible to use compare to the patient of the developer.
It can happen in the future also mean that It can't happen in the future. We can't saw future without a proof (which "probability" isn't a proof).
Yeah, in the future they may be out someday, there is a possibility it will out later, which I agree.

But, that is in the future, not now. There is no proof that someone is found a working arm9 exploit.
Nothing in the eyes telling us that it will come "for sure" in the current situation.
That's why I call you said "It will be hackable" is "giving a hope".

I see you're still trying to argue semantics (and failing), still trying to put words in my mouth, and still completely misunderstanding the point I'm making. Give it a rest already. You're not even worth rebutting at this point because you don't read nor understand what you read properly. It's a waste of time arguing with you.

The thing is, you can wait, but the longer you wait the more the 3DS sells. The more the 3DS sells, increasing the likelihood that 11.3 systems will start making their way to the market.
Your best option now is really to just sell your system if your are on OFW 11.3 without a CFW. Every new system on the market now will be exploitable, exploit that.

Oh, I absolutely agree. My point is simply that it'll happen if you wait, but if you're expecting it to happen soon, you're probably out of luck. Or maybe not. We don't know. But if you really care about hacking your 3DS now, then you shouldn't be waiting.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I see you're still trying to argue semantics (and failing), still trying to put words in my mouth, and still completely misunderstanding the point I'm making. Give it a rest already. You're not even worth rebutting at this point because you don't read nor understand what you read properly. It's a waste of time arguing with you.
I'm sorry then. Just point that I speak about now. I don't understand why 3DS is wide-open hack = they will be another arm9 exploit later, no matter how long.
Since I already explain the other factor such as developer won't do it, give up, etc.
If nobody said they do it, I don't think assuming it will come when nobody knows It's exist or not yet, is a good idea.
This is what I'm trying to tell you. The probability is not a fact.

Well, I agree we should stop. Since you believe it will be a new exploit for sure. While myself want to saw that it come out first.

PS. Forgot to mention that my country doesn't use english as native language. So, sometime I can mistype something too.

Last edited by nechigawara,

3dsgametime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
11.3 you have just a couple of choices. The Sky3DS+ which works on all vanilla 11.3 systems and allows loading of 3DS roms. Or, a card like the R4 3DS or the one PrometheusG. suggested. They're both very good cards. I bought the R4 3DS for my cousin for his bday and they had a BOGO special on, and it looks like they still do. But as mentioned by others here, the R4 is for DS games. Mind you, there are SO many amazing DS games out there.
If you have extra cash, the DSTWO is a great card, but it drains your battery pretty quickly - even when the system is in sleep mode. I don't know if it's worth it or not at this point but a lot of people say it's the best card. Just hard to justify $60.00 when you can get a buy 1 get 1 R4 3DS for like $20. The DSTwo does have some of the best GBA and SNES emulators though.

okay so ill Prob Catch Hell cuz this has probably been asked 1k times, but ive looked and every time ive googled it, it always gives me regular 3ds mods and stuff and i dont know it those will work.

I have modded The PS2, PS3, And the Wii. and started on the PSP but i need to wait for a part im to lazy to get to see if my screen is.... never mind it doesnt matter

anyway, from what i can tell, i think a flash card would be the best thing for me, but im almost HIV positive that you cant use it with out anything being done to my system first, although ive been wrong before,

Basically what i want to do is be able to play my Backups, 3ds & DS. for pretty much everything else i have a computer and my modded wii

so if you all can point me in the right direction, without giving me TOO much crap that would be great, by telling me what i need or if it just isnt possible with what im working with

Thanks,
ZootedLoot

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this card would work perfectly to play original DS games on the "NEW" Nintendo 3ds xl with the latest firmare? Also flash cards are forever right? They cant be patched even with new firmware updates?
Yes, that card works on CFW and 11.4 with Luma. It's the one I and most Temp users prefer/suggest other than the DSTT (which is more expensive). Yes it playes DS games just swell and works with forwarders on bootstrap. Also, as long as you buy from the site linked you won't have to worry about timebombs that are usually present in cloned flashcards. No, flashcards aren't forever, they can be patched in system update and "whitelisted". Luma actually patches this so most flashcards that don't work on OFW work on Luma. This specific one however works both on CFW and OFW with the latest firmware but no one can tell you if it will get patched later.

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, Gateway is broken and I'm sure if you've lurked enough you've seen the "Soon:tm:" meme.
That basically means Gateway is out of the question for like a year.
Sky3DS+ is another option, and I'm pretty sure you don't need to install anything on your system for it to work.
For playing online WITH the roms you download however, you need to get things called "private headers"
You can't replicate these
I don't know how they work but I know they exist
You might get banned if you use a public header, but idk
He can extract and patch his private header from one of his cartdriges

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that card works on CFW and 11.4 with Luma. It's the one I and most Temp users prefer/suggest other than the DSTT (which is more expensive). Yes it playes DS games just swell and works with forwarders on bootstrap. Also, as long as you buy from the site linked you won't have to worry about timebombs that are usually present in cloned flashcards. No, flashcards aren't forever, they can be patched in system update and "whitelisted". Luma actually patches this so most flashcards that don't work on OFW work on Luma. This specific one however works both on CFW and OFW with the latest firmware but no one can tell you if it will get patched later.

Oh wow thanks! I'm a complete noob at modding a DS, so this information is very helpful! Right now, I'm currently at a crossroads of either buying and modding the "NEW" 3ds xl OR modding my old ntr-001 Nintendo DS for MUCH cheaper.. haha Could you give me one last bit of guidance? What would be the perfect flash card for my old Nintendo DS? My DS is litteraly the very first DS that ever came out.. and I would love to play original DS games on it, what would be the best flashcard for it that isn't more than 25 dollars? I'm still new, so from what I collect, you insert your own micro sd card into the flashcard to give it memory right? I really would love to know what is the best card for my DS that I can customize it's memory size using a micro sd card? Thanks again! Sorry if my questions are dumb, but most of the time when I look online, I can't find ANY info on my DS just newer versions.. so yea.. it majes it harder to understand. BTW my DS does not have internet or an update option. It kind of just has always been.. lol Idk if that's a good thing in the case of using flashcards? o.O

D

Deleted User

Would this card would work perfectly to play original DS games on the "NEW" Nintendo 3ds xl with the latest firmare? Also flash cards are forever right? They cant be patched even with new firmware updates?
Yes plus it can run wood and it will never timebomb

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes plus it can run wood and it will never timebomb
Can I use this card on my OLD original ntr-001 DS? It's the very first DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He can extract and patch his private header from one of his cartdriges

Can I use this card on my OLD original ntr-001 DS? It's the very first DS.. It has no internet, or anything.

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can I use this card on my OLD original ntr-001 DS? It's the very first DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
I was referring to the sky3ds plus

Can I use this card on my OLD original ntr-001 DS? It's the very first DS.. It has no internet, or anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m