Hardware So, how much time do you give to this console until it gets hacked?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chill guys, Lets remember that this is Ninty's last chance to get back up. I think that in a 5 year's lifespan should be okay, it could get hacked after that since by then it might be time for a second Switch.

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chill guys, Lets remember that this is Ninty's last chance to get back up. I think that in a 5 year's lifespan should be okay, it could get hacked after that since by then it might be time for a second Switch.
Last chance? They're not in that bad a situation, 3DS sales are strong and the Wii U isn't completely abysmal in terms of sales.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last chance? They're not in that bad a situation, 3DS sales are strong and the Wii U isn't completely abysmal in terms of sales.
I agree, but Ninty could not afford another Wii U. Yes 3ds sales are up and good, but Ninty cant live only on 3ds sales, specially with freeshop, etc. They really needed this NX (I am so going to miss that name...) and thankfully it is beautiful and I will buy it! I have also hyped many co-workers who will buy it as well, and so will my GF. I hope Ninty does very will with the Switch so that we can get even better games. They honestly deserve a sucessfull Switch.

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, but Ninty could not afford another Wii U. Yes 3ds sales are up and good, but Ninty cant live only on 3ds sales, specially with freeshop, etc. They really needed this NX (I am so going to miss that name...) and thankfully it is beautiful and I will buy it! I have also hyped many co-workers who will buy it as well, and so will my GF. I hope Ninty does very will with the Switch so that we can get even better games. They honestly deserve a sucessfull Switch.
I hope the Switch works, as you said they really need it. Personally I think it has a 50/50 chance of being incredibly successful or Wii U level sales.

Shining Greninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For basic stuff like extracting and importing save files, give it half a year or so, with a more complicated home-brew, a year and a half, for pirating and dumping games and/or game mods, give it 2-3 years

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
But Nintendo is making this console and their security isn't the best.(previous consoles)

The Wii is 10 years old and WiiU has practically the same infrastructure/operating system with tighter security, so what make you think the Switch is going to be the same? A lot has changed over the past few years and who knows what their Security Engineers have in place this time.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
about...
Two-Weeks1.jpg

Reactions: retrofan_k

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat