Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,
I've been reading here for a little while, and I'm still not understanding a few things properly... I need simple yes or no answers for this stuff...

Is there a way to throw a rom of lets say...Goldeneye for N64 onto an SD with some kinda program and play it on my Wii?

Will there be a way to play games that will not be released on the Wii's VC (like Goldeneye or other RARE titles) without getting a mod chip or spending money on a boot disk that requires a hardware mod anyways?

Is there any news on if Rare is going to allow Nintendo to put their games on the VC?

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
1) No
2) No. Edit: I suppose you can use GC homebrew to play n64 roms, but I'm not sure into the specifics. Also you have to buy some action replay crap. So still no.
3) No

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering that rare is now owned by microsoft there is a chance that you will see goldeneye on the marketplace.

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well Nintendo was wanting to have Goldeneye on Wii virtual console but as microsoft owns rare they'd have to get permission. I don't think they'd be able to put it on the XBOX marketplace though mainly because they'd have to emulate 64 and also seeing nintendo released it chances are theres probably some sort of reason they wouldnt be able to do it

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only confirmed RARE title that is on the VC is Donkey Kong Country, since it is owned out right by Nintendo, not sure if RARE share in the profits being the developer.

The chances of other titles appearing such as Goldeneye, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark, etc vary.
Goldeneye is the most likely to appear because Microsoft can't remake it and Nintendo aren't likely to give up an N64 emulator.
The others Mircosoft can remake, as they did with Conker's Bad Fur Day, because there are no licensing issues in the way.

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
James Bond license belong to Electronic Arts and since they bougth it, Rare don't have anymore rigth on Goldeneye. So, don't expect Goldeneye on Wii, since the N64 game is still Rare works and Microsoft wouldn't allow this. There's a sligth chance that one day, it could come on a Microsoft system if they contract EA.

When Rare was bougth by Microsoft, they said that Microsoft allowed them to develop on any other system that is not a non-handled console and then Rare has announced that they will still be developping on the GBA, and now on the DS.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would Microsoft help a rival? Golden Eye on Wii is not going to happen.

but strangely Diddy Kong Racing DS is...

You never know!!

That's because Microsoft isn't in competition with the DS. Unfortunately, Goldeneye will never be on the Wii, it would require the consent of Rare (Microsoft) and the owners of the Bond license, which is currently in transition to Activision from EA.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
James Bond license belong to Electronic Arts and since they bougth it, Rare don't have anymore rigth on Goldeneye. So, don't expect Goldeneye on Wii, since the N64 game is still Rare works and Microsoft wouldn't allow this. There's a sligth chance that one day, it could come on a Microsoft system if they contract EA.

Both EA and Activision shares the Bond License until September 2007.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.. lol none of yall understand. I know everyone thinks Nintendo made one of the stupidest moves of all time when they sold Rare out but here is the secret. The driving force(s), the leader of Rare was or had already LEFT the company and Nintendo apparently knew that with the person or people who left Rare that their value to them was not like it was before.

Also I hope this also sends a signal to other 3rd party developers that Nintendo is not only focused on releasing 1st rate 1st party and 2nd party releases but are willing to give some of the 3rd party developers some of the lime light as well.

Oh yea I just found out Mario Galaxy is a Rip off of the never released Sonic Xtreme game for the Dreamcast. Seriously the engine is more than just strickingly similair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi likes to milk beavers lol +1