MrNoobNub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilbrand.png

In case you don't know, Wilbrand is a Wii Exploit very similar to LetterBomb. Difference is, you need more info from your Wii, and you need to download an installer. You need your Region, your Version, and your MAC address. (Not much harder than Letterbomb.) you get an error every time you run the installer though, that's because it's trying to download files from dead Dropbox links. Here's the thing though, Would it be possible to modify the installer to get files from NEW Dropbox links? Welp, cya later people of Gbatemp.

Reactions: LnkTemp

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wilbrand doesn't need any more information than letterbomb, wilbrand does support more firmware versions than just 4.3 though so I guess it does technically need to told if it's 4.3 or a lower firmware in addition to the region. The way you said it makes it sound like a negative, when really the point should be wilbrand works on more firmwares than letterbomb, and can be used without a wifi connection.

Wilbrand was made by giantpune but was originally released by me via Modmii. And it is still available via modmii to this day.

Here's some more relevant info for u from an old modmii changelog

6.1.0 Changelog:
Letterbomb was replaced by Wilbrand. Wilbrand was created by giantpune and he has given ModMii the unique privilege of being the first to use and share Wilbrand. Wilbrand, named after the inventor of TNT, is a discless Wii Message Board exploit, or "bomb" if you will. ModMii users will no longer need to be instructed to manually download the Letterbomb exploit; instead ModMii will prompt users for their Wii's unique MAC address and build the exploit on the fly. Unlike Letterbomb, ModMii will only require a wifi connection the first time it constructs the Wilbrand exploit. ModMii will only build the Wilbrand exploit for 4.3 system menu's; however, Wilbrand is supported on all system menu's from 3.0 to 4.3. The reason ModMii does not offer Wilbrand exploits for system menu's 3.0 - 4.2 is because bannerbomb, another discless exploit, can be used instead and it does not require knowing your Wii's MAC Address. Wilbrand is available on ModMii's Download Page 2 as well as other wizard\guide functions. A big thank you goes out to giantpune for creating Wilbrand and allowing ModMii to share it with the world.

Edit: P. S. Did you know I asked giantpune to develop wilbrand? I mean I didn't coin the name, but I was using letterbomb in modmii at the time and wanted an alternative offline solution and giantpune came to the rescue

MrNoobNub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wilbrand doesn't need any more information than letterbomb, wilbrand does support more firmware versions than just 4.3 though so I guess it does technically need to told if it's 4.3 or a lower firmware in addition to the region. The way you said it makes it sound like a negative, when really the point should be wilbrand works on more firmwares than letterbomb, and can be used without a wifi connection.

Wilbrand was made by giantpune but was originally released by me via Modmii. And it is still available via modmii to this day.

6.1.0 Changelog:
Letterbomb was replaced by Wilbrand. Wilbrand was created by giantpune and he has given ModMii the unique privilege of being the first to use and share Wilbrand. Wilbrand, named after the inventor of TNT, is a discless Wii Message Board exploit, or "bomb" if you will. ModMii users will no longer need to be instructed to manually download the Letterbomb exploit; instead ModMii will prompt users for their Wii's unique MAC address and build the exploit on the fly. Unlike Letterbomb, ModMii will only require a wifi connection the first time it constructs the Wilbrand exploit. ModMii will only build the Wilbrand exploit for 4.3 system menu's; however, Wilbrand is supported on all system menu's from 3.0 to 4.3. The reason ModMii does not offer Wilbrand exploits for system menu's 3.0 - 4.2 is because bannerbomb, another discless exploit, can be used instead and it does not require knowing your Wii's MAC Address. Wilbrand is available on ModMii's Download Page 2 as well as other wizard\guide functions. A big thank you goes out to giantpune for creating Wilbrand and allowing ModMii to share it with the world.

Edit: P. S. Did you know I asked giantpune to develop wilbrand? I mean I didn't coin the name, but I was using letterbomb in modmii at the time and wanted an alternative offline solution and giantpune came to the rescue
Xflak! now that's an important Wii modder to respond to a new persons post. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: LnkTemp and XFlak

LnkTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

6.1.0 Changelog:

Hi! So new member here, a couple of questions, is there a link to the modmii website? Im not quite sure where to locate it. Does the wilbrand that modmii offers have the new dropbox files? And does the new wilbrand still work with version 3.4 on the wii thank you in advance if someone answers.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Modmii.github.io

It has wilbrand, the "new Dropbox files" is unnecessary and probably just a mirror someone created, don't worry about it

Wilbrand works on 3.4, modmii will download wilbrand for u, but only use it to construct mailbox bombs for 4.3, since if u are on 3.4 u can just use bannerbomb v1 without having to retrieve your Mac address

Reactions: LnkTemp

LnkTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Modmii.github.io

It has wilbrand, the "new Dropbox files" is unnecessary and probably just a mirror someone created, don't worry about it

Wilbrand works on 3.4, modmii will download wilbrand for u, but only use it to construct mailbox bombs for 4.3, since if u are on 3.4 u can just use bannerbomb v1 without having to retrieve your Mac address
Alright so i kinda sorted out something else other then wilbrand... I followed a guide for modmii and i put in 3.X and stuff then i have my sd card folder filled with modmii stuff. The sd card has an apps, games, and wad folder and others, now i have 3 questions, should i still continue the modmii stuff? Or do i have to download wilbrand? And if i dont have to download wilbrand, what type of file should the gamecube games be in the games folder?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think you should follow your guide and be more specific as to what problems you're having. Reading your words literally it sounds like you expect the wii to mod itself once you insert an sd card that has the right files on it. You need to follow you're guide. Share you custom modmii guide here if you want and reference the step that has you stuck, then we can refer to the guide and probably find the solution was in the guide but accidentally overlooked

edit: and statements like "done everything" are not helpful, you cannot do what you do not know about, or steps that you accidentally didn't read or something for example

LnkTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi! So I've been following the modmii instructions and I've done everything, but if i put the sd card on the wii nothing happens, even if i check the sd card folders, nothing. So what do you think i should do?
Im currently repeating downloading the files because i noticed a lot of files were missing before.

LnkTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Why would you try modding the Wii without all the files on the sd card? That's a bit concerning, please follow the directions carefully
i have downloaded all the files needed, but the thing im stuck at is at the exploit, the hackmii installer has expired and i donot know what version of hackmii i should use, also how to run it, im a bit confused.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hackmii doesn't expire so I don't know what u mean. Also modmii only offers 1 version of the hackmii installer.

Seriously, share you custom modmii guide and let's see what step you're at. Click attach files, and upload the html guide that modmii built for u. Either that or u need to be way way way more descriptive.

Essentially u want to make sure sd is properly formatted with all the required files on it, inserted in the wii, then u perform your exploit of choice, and the hackmii installer loads

LnkTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
alright so dont get mad but i cant get my modmii to download a WAD file which is cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad and that i keep pressing r to reset the downloading. im still pressing r.

LnkTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hackmii doesn't expire so I don't know what u mean. Also modmii only offers 1 version of the hackmii installer.

Seriously, share you custom modmii guide and let's see what step you're at. Click attach files, and upload the html guide that modmii built for u. Either that or u need to be way way way more descriptive.

Essentially u want to make sure sd is properly formatted with all the required files on it, inserted in the wii, then u perform your exploit of choice, and the hackmii installer loads
1st: i must have mistaken bannerbomb with modmii. i was referring to bannerbomb and i dont know what to do, sorry about that.

2nd: file:///C:/ModMii/COPY_TO_SD/ModMii_Wizard_Guide.html this is the guide i used. im at step 2, and im not sure what i should use for an exploit.

3rd: i have formatted my sd card to FAT32 and all im waiting for is that one WAD file, then the exploit.

LnkTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
so i did it, i followed through all instructions, i downloaded all files, and nothing it still doesnt boot up in the data page in wii. i dont know what to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1