Hacking SNES9X Help - Wiikey with 3.0E

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I had a quick look around, and I couldn't really find anything that fixed my problem...

How do I get snes ROMS to run from SD cards? I'm using the unofficial 'wiikey' sd adapter with a 256mb sandisk card. Wiikey disc is the latest, modified to run without GCOS. It reads with SDLoad, but not the emulator...
frown.gif
Any ideas?

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
uhm,when you boot up snes9x and get to the menu screen there is an option to load roms from dvd and sd..just go via there
smile.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That pretty much sums it up - it should work.

Say no to buying SNES VC!

But make sure when EarthBound gets released on VC that you purchase it!

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I wasn't very clear... When I select Load ROMS from SD it says unable to load or read or something weird... Tried reformatting doesn't make a difference... Oh, and I can't run from DVD as yet because for some reason if I change discs or reset the console (standby) it doesn't recognise the disc. I have to power-off it without the disc in and turn back on. (Power light has to turn red, not orange). No idea why...

nathan026

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey i have the same problem with my emulator. thankfully i have my games saved in a folder on the dvd so i can load the games straight away but also still cant load or save to my sd card. im using the same brand sd card with adecko adaptor. please tell me where i can get the updated version if that will fix it. Cheers.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think you need a upgraded SNES9x emulator since Nintendo banned some sort of code on some emulators.

What you can do is burn a GCOS then insert the SNES9x(disc swap) on it after that.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
would someone plz explain how we can emulate SNES games on Wii?
my friend has a modded wii but we dont know what modchip it has, so what are requirements and steps? TIA/

salad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SNES game emulation on the Wii is basically just running Snes9x using Gamecube homebrew. If your modded Wii can run Gamecube backups, it can run Gamecube homebrew too.

Google on "GCOS", and you'll find everything you need.

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got GCOS, but because of either something wrong with the WiiKey or my install, I can't swap discs without powering off... It doesn't recognise.
frown.gif

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just burn a dvd with all your roms, there are some nice iso's out there with like all the snes,nes sega games, ready to burn. But to read roms from sd you need one special gc mem card where you can put one sd card in. Like this
gc_sdmemorycardadapter.jpg
since gamecube homebrew only recognices gc funtions

Gouf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a differant route. I downloaded SNes9x, latest version ( http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk/snes9xgc.shtml ) then unzipped it right to the SD card.

Copy Snes9x to the SD card and make a folder containing all your snes roms. Boot up the Wiikey disk and select SDloader. You can browse the SD card and select the Snes9x.dol (?) to start Snes9x. Then you can select Load from SD card, and it should read from the card.

Also doing it this way lets you save in ROM for your games. And your game saves to the SD card in the same folder as your Roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1