Homebrew Snes9x GX 4.4.0 Beta - Feedback requested

NightDweller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this emulator still not save through "in-game" save mechanics? (SRAM I believe). That was a huge letdown after 3 hours of final fantasy II

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Bladeoner, since Tantric changed the dimension for the screenshots they no longer appear in the UI.
So I changed to 640x512, and it works (in 4:3 and even in 16:9)

Otherwise the cross of the game_delete icon is not very nice, so I corrected it (for Snes9x GX and FCE Ultra GX)
SkfH3br.png

Reactions: Bladeoner

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Bladeoner, since Tantric changed the dimension for the screenshots they no longer appear in the UI.

Otherwise the cross of the game_delete icon is not very nice, so I corrected it (for Snes9x GX and FCE Ultra GX)
SkfH3br.png

Please send in a PR here, so your change can be merged: https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/pulls

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll try changing it to see if it works with a generic PSX adapter, i'll let you know how it goes.

Yes please let me know how things go.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't believe it's been 7 years since the beginning of that hack. We've come a long way.

I actually never played the original game myself, only for few minutes.

Last edited by Bladeoner,

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

SkfH3br.png
Updated the icon, thanks for that.

not sure I understand about the 512. Are you saying you recompiled the code and increased it from 640x480 to 640x512?

Where did you get 512 from? From what I could tell the largest screenshot you can make in the code was 640x480

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Tantric, for the 512 it is because it was the setting before modification.

In fact since the modification of the commit 3cf1285, I saw that the screenshots did not work anymore.

And so I put back as it was with the exception of 640 (which corrects screenshots in 16: 9 video mode).

In short with 640x512 everything works well, even if it is true that it is quite strange because with this setting the screenshots are in 480p ^^

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's interesting, because I've looked through the code twice now and I just don't see anything in there that would output a screenshot with a height of 512. I must be missing something. Is this original mode? hq2x? PAL or NTSC?

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tested and yes it works with all video modes ;)

otherwise there is a small problem with the commit 09149db:
8t2lU4n.png

At menu.cpp line 870, replace the 70 value by 100:
0eu7yLw.png

Also here are two fixed icons (for all GX emulators): for the network icon, one end was missing at the bottom left, and for arrowdown_over the arrow was not well centered ^^
IAgim59.png

WYgn447.png

And I updated the French translation for all GX :)

Attachments

• fr.zip
    5 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: rogerioronin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT