Ashramkun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello

My SNES has a strange interference, and I would like to know if someone has any ideas what is the problem.

Can you notice the strange waves in the screen?
I am using:
- genuine AC adapter
- genuine composite cable
- tested with a SCART + Framemeinster too

I read something about change capacitors, and change the AC adapter, but I would like your opinion before try.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a little bit hard to tell for sure from the video, but this looks like the 7805 voltage regulator is bad. Those waves could also be caused by cheap aftermarket AC adapters, but since you're using a genuine one it's probably fine. It's easy and cheap to replace the voltage regulator as long if you can solder. You can get replacements on Console5 or eBay, or any place that sells electronic components like Digi-Key or Mouser.

Ashramkun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello
Well, I used a multimeter at 7805, and got:
-left side: 10.63V
-right side: 4.85V

Looks like its normal, right? 4.85v isn't 5v, but I don't know if 0.15 will make that difference.

Now, I have the option to change the capacitors and the crystal oscillator. Thanks anyway for your ideia.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does look normal, but I've had some systems where the output measured 4.99v but there were still wavy lines in the video. Replacing it solved the issue for me with those consoles, so it could still be the 7805 even if the output seems normal. I still think it's worth a shot, since the part is cheap.

Reactions: Ashramkun

Ashramkun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello SmileCitrus. Just to let you know, I finally changed the 7805 as you suggested, and its working now! Thanks alot for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo