Gaming Snake Pass is awesome!!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It won't have a physical release and that a good thing because if it happens it will cost 10 dollars more (physical and digital)
It's a good thing it won't have a physical release? That's nonsense! This is worthy of a physical release even if it'll be limited.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Phsysical releases are going to die inevitably in the near future, and that is a pity.
I don't know what may replace this need one has to have something physicall to collect, but they will just die, all the signs of an unavoidable end are there.

A pity, really.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Phsysical releases are going to die inevitably in the near future, and that is a pity.
I don't know what may replace this need one has to have something physicall to collect, but they will just die, all the signs of an unavoidable end are there.

A pity, really.

I can see why since digital games are more profitable, but physical games will last, maybe just as "collector's editions" though.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

A pity, really.
The backlash of rage that would befall Nintendo will certainly serve as a deterrent for the near future. You cannot share digital games on the switch as of yet.

We all know what happened to that "other" digital only portable.

Hell I can't even backup my "digital" saves yet. They have a long way to go.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by limited? :)
A publisher releases a limited quantity for commercial release and then anyone that missed out, has to hope there'll be a second run or go digital (unless he/she is willing to drop more money than it's worth on eBay).

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The backlash of rage that would befall Nintendo will certainly serve as a deterrent for the near future. You cannot share digital games on the switch as of yet.

We all know what happened to that "other" digital only portable.

Hell I can't even backup my "digital" saves yet. They have a long way to go.
True that.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
A publisher releases a limited quantity for commercial release and then anyone that missed out, has to hope there'll be a second run or go digital (unless he/she is willing to drop more money than it's worth on eBay).

I highly doubt it's possible as snake pass is only $20 and a limited quantity means they won't be able to buy cartridges at a cheap price.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I highly doubt it's possible as snake pass is only $20 and a limited quantity means they won't be able to buy cartridges at a cheap price.
Shovel Knight, FAST Racing NEO, SteamWorld and so on prove otherwise. The price itself isn't necessarily something to go by.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
More than the 20€ price point, the problem is the expected sales numbers.
I suppose they have to pay a fixed amount for the card design and manufacturing tools configuration, as well as a minimum amount of cards to be created, probably some additional fee for Nintendo for licensing a physical card, etc. And those fixed costs will only go down in proportion if there are enough expected sales.
But I suppose they could release a very limited almost handcrafted on demand physical version of the game for some 500€ each card or so, covering the fixed prices for a limited release for the diehard collectors.

Reactions: Quantumcat
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Uh what? Those don't have physical counterparts...
You've confused me now. Are you saying those don't have physical releases? :mellow:

shovel_knight_retail_october.jpg

Yacht Club even went full old-school by including a real manual! :)

CqjTy32WIAAn_8P.jpg

CvJDsZzWgAExmVs.jpg

Could go on. These are some examples.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More than the 20€ price point, the problem is the expected sales numbers.
I suppose they have to pay a fixed amount for the card design and manufacturing tools configuration, as well as a minimum amount of cards to be created, probably some additional fee for Nintendo for licensing a physical card, etc. And those fixed costs will only go down in proportion if there are enough expected sales.
But I suppose they could release a very limited almost handcrafted on demand physical version of the game for some 500€ each card or so, covering the fixed prices for a limited release for the diehard collectors.
Or Nintendo could publish it under the "eShop Selects" series like they did for two games on WiiU (some claim/hope that FAST Racing NEO becomes a rarity -- Mine is still factory sealed 'cause I don't play WiiU anymore).

S

Saiyan Lusitano

@Jiehfeng A non-indie game but very small in size for a retail release:

51vYUo4fWIL._AC_US218_.jpg
41r1b2-+gjL._AC_US218_.jpg

Capcom can stick bananas up their arses for not giving this a PAL WiiU release. :(

And so, Nintendo would make me pay for the same game yet yet yet again. They know their trade.
Typical of Nintendo but worth it nonetheless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It must be poop day