Smash Switch to be Showcased in June

SmashLogo.jpg

Finally! For the first time ever, we will get to see what the newly announced and unnamed Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch will look like! And this will be no later than in June prior to E3!

On June 11-12 in Los Angeles, an invited group of players will gather to play Super Smash Bros., and qualified teams will compete in Splatoon 2, as Nintendo hosts an event featuring high-level gameplay on these two games for Nintendo Switch. This will be the first-ever exhibition tournament featuring the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018.

Additionally, this will be the first world championship for Splatoon 2 after the game’s launch. The gathering will be a celebration of fun for all ages, and will highlight Nintendo’s unique approach to competitive play. The event will be just one of Nintendo’s activities at the E3 video game trade show, which runs June 12-14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Additional details about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced at a later time.

Are you excited for the reveal? Will it be a port or an entirely new game? Only time will tell... but stay tuned as we cover the E3 event live! In the meantime, feel free to share your thoughts and guesses below!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Nintendo E3 event

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, all of them have been "ports" with extras since GC times. It's a fighting game! Do you want Arms views or something?
They change the mechanics quite a bit between games. That's why someone who ranks high in Brawl won't necessarily be able to rank high in a melee tournement.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
melee had all these bugs brawl isn't to much different from smash 4.
imo Smash4 was a big improvement over brawl. They tried to make a game that was a little more serious than brawl - especially since they removed random tripping.

D

Deleted User

Hopefully I get my new apartment and get setup before then, so I can sit back and watch the chaos unfold.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a sinking feeling that it will be a Sm4sh DX. Then again, in my opinion Brawl and Sm4sh really really feel similar even if i think Sm4sh is far superior... in some ways.

Prove me wrong, Nintendo. Make Smash Great Again!

Reactions: CallmeBerto

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would people still believe it’s a port even what it’s labeled as 2018, link, the trailer animation style and waiting til e3 to announce it, if it was a port Nintendo would have said it that same day with the teaser...

Reactions: Frezgle

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would people still believe it’s a port even what it’s labeled as 2018, link, the trailer animation style and waiting til e3 to announce it, if it was a port Nintendo would have said it that same day with the teaser...
This. I think if the Switch didn't have a precedent of so many WiiU ports, there'd be no doubt it's a new game; there's plenty to suggest it's new and absolutely nothing to suggest it's a port other than "well the Switch has a buttload of ports so I mean...". People wouldn't be so jaded d:

(Hey, though, if June comes around and it actually IS a port, point me to this post and I'll eat my hat.)

Reactions: CallmeBerto

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Between the 2018 date, and Hal Lab on the copyright, I think this smash will be new, just like Mario tennis aces isn't a port of ultra smash.

Benuno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the german Nintendo Switch news ticker the game is clearly named as "the next entry in the super smash bros. series". I highly doubt it being an enhanced port.
Good to finally see an Splatoon 2 Tournament since the Announce Trailer of the switch :).

Last edited by Benuno,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game