Gaming Smash Brothers 3DS will support the C-stick on New 3DS but NOT the Circle Pad Pro

Saturosias

thank
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In its list of Japanese software that supports the Circle Pad Pro (Slide Pad Expansion) on the Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL (3DS LL), Nintendo cautions that Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will not support the accessory. The same document notes that the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL do not support the Circle Pad Pro, but added that the new systems' C stick and ZL/ZR buttons provide similar functionality built-in.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will debut in Japan on September 13, followed by North America and Europe on October 3.

Before all the "lol Nintendo stickin' it to Gateway" conspiracy theories, I truly believe this is just a money grab.

It could likely be reasoned that this is because the CPP covers & uses the IR port and therefore will be incompatible with the Amiibo stand, which will be used in some way in Smash Bros. 3DS, but Amiibos are usually not something you'll be taking out on-the-go anyway -- and on-the-go gaming is pretty much what handheld gaming consoles are meant for. Thoughts?

ARTICLE SOURCE [animenewsnetwork.com]
NINTENDO SOURCE DOCUMENT (JP) [nintendo.co.jp]
bpdGk.png

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, looks like everyone that buys a New 3DS will have a distinct aerial-game advantage.

And people like me get left in the dust.

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Daily reminder that this wouldn't be an issue if Nintendo didn't push shitty fucking Skylanders rip offs.

NINTENDO IS THE SAVIOR OF GAMING.

''I AM A BROKEN RECORD'' :P

But yeah, this is a pretty nasty decision by Nintendo... I mean, what reason could they possibly have other than ''MOAR MONEH''? : /

Reactions: Yepi69

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...