ROM Hack Smash Bros. Custom Music

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more interested in Wii U support. As nice as the Brawl music was, I loved being able to play to custom tracks. Mostly pokemon music. I'd like that same ability for Smash 4.

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more interested in Wii U support. As nice as the Brawl music was, I loved being able to play to custom tracks. Mostly pokemon music. I'd like that same ability for Smash 4.

I think we might be looking at June for the Wii U exploit release, but yes that'll be epic. I'm planning a custom song GUI, integrated with Brawl Custom Music. It'd be for Wii, 3DS, and Wii U games.

I'm interested in 3DS stuff as well so that I'd have more fun on the bus/train, and luckily the 3DS files and Wii U files are the same formats.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished implementing nus3bank downloading into Brawl Custom Music. I have it set up so that you can select which song you want to replace, and it'll automatically rename the download for you. I'll add sorting by stage, menu, Smash Run only, etc. later. I'll show an example. Let's say we wanted to put Tales of Symphonia music over Dark Pit's theme (Lloyd Irving for Smash!).

nus3bankdl.jpg

On a song page, choose "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS" from the "Download or add to template for" menu, and then choose whatever song you wanna replace. A "Download NUS3BANK" link will pop up under that, and you're good to go. I'll add something for people to build custom lists later. Let me know if you guys have any questions, and I'll be happy to work with someone for an offline converter at some point. My method is BRSTM->NUS3BANK.

P.S. I added Wii U support as well.

Im interested on making some tests
What do I do?

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im interested on making some tests
What do I do?

So far I can help out users that have Gateway, and 64 bit Windows or Linux (probably Mac as well). I finally got it working on my end, so I'll do a tutorial later. I'm gonna point to most of Asia81's tutorial for Pokemon ORAS, since that was helpful for me with this. I'll provide the custom RSF, and detailed instructions. I wanna try to modify music titles before putting something complete in the opening post, though I'm not sure if I'll be successful yet.

Reactions: medoli900

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So far I can help out users that have Gateway, and 64 bit Windows or Linux (probably Mac as well). I finally got it working on my end, so I'll do a tutorial later. I'm gonna point to most of Asia81's tutorial for Pokemon ORAS, since that was helpful for me with this. I'll provide the custom RSF, and detailed instructions. I wanna try to modify music titles before putting something complete in the opening post, though I'm not sure if I'll be successful yet.

Thank you, I'll be pleased to help you in anything I can do :)

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was able to edit update 1.0.6, and re-install it with custom songs. This should be useful for people that are able to install custom CIAs, and have a CFW or emunand. I need to test it out with version 1.0.7 as well, but I believe it should be the same situation.

Reactions: samiam144

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a way to make it with the adio files.. I want to make undub and maybe fandub just for fun lol

Changing voice clips would be really hard right now/ :( Luckily, the audio conversations on Corneria are editable though without a whole lot of trouble.

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update of SSB3DS 1.0.7 is out, do you recommend install it? I really wanna put custom music into SSB3DS. soneek

Yes. I backed up and modified update 1.0.7 to include some custom music and it worked mostly fine. The only problem is that the menu theme stops playing sometimes, and I have to go to the title screen and back for it play again. I'm gonna be busy for a couple weeks (projects, finals), but I wanna work with someone on an offline converter. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll clean up my notes for you.

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. I backed up and modified update 1.0.7 to include some custom music and it worked mostly fine. The only problem is that the menu theme stops playing sometimes, and I have to go to the title screen and back for it play again. I'm gonna be busy for a couple weeks (projects, finals), but I wanna work with someone on an offline converter. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll clean up my notes for you.

I would love to colaborate in anything, testing and all that, so just tell me whenever you want

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i get started? i have made tons of smooth looped bstrm music for Brawl/project M. and i would love to do the same for Smash 4. does Smash 4 still use bstrms?
also whats better for editing, .3dz or cia?

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i get started? i have made tons of smooth looped bstrm music for Brawl/project M. and i would love to do the same for Smash 4. does Smash 4 still use bstrms?
also whats better for editing, .3dz or cia?

As mentioned above me, it uses nus3bank. I'm almost finished with an offline php script to convert brstm to nus3bank, so your music can be easily transferred. I would recommend using a CIA of a game update, since those can be easily replaced, and won't damage the actual rom.

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned above me, it uses nus3bank. I'm almost finished with an offline php script to convert brstm to nus3bank, so your music can be easily transferred. I would recommend using a CIA of a game update, since those can be easily replaced, and won't damage the actual rom.

that would be extremely useful! it is very easy to generate brstm from a wav file or mp3 file with BRSTM Converter.jar http://smashboards.com/threads/brstm-converter-3-0-now-supports-mp3-vgm.295381/ downloaded from this link, and once soneek comes out with the php script we can generate nus3bank very easily and quickly!

LinktoNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I been seeing this thread and i would like to test this out. Is this possible to do with the downloadable version of smash?

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been seeing this thread and i would like to test this out. Is this possible to do with the downloadable version of smash?

I believe it can work. If you're able to install CIAs, you can install a modified CIA of the latest update, and include custom music files in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it