Hacking Smash Bros 3ds JPN black screen on 4.1 systemNAND

ajfja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
assuming its a straight copy of gateway, "MT card mode" = playing roms, "classic mode" = playing retail cards that need 4.x+

So, basically, if I buy Smash Bros from the store, I need to activate "Classic Mode" in order to play it in my 4.5 system without the need to update it? Sorry for asking too many questions, I had my 3DS just a week ago...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So, basically, if I buy Smash Bros from the store, I need to activate "Classic Mode" in order to play it in my 4.5 system without the need to update it? Sorry for asking too many questions, I had my 3DS just a week ago...
no smash bros won't work on MT, only gateway has 7.x rom encryption....this applies to both roms and retail games

but thats the genral idea....but say if you bought pokemon that normally requires 6.x you could play that in classic mode

ajfja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no smash bros won't work on MT, only gateway has 7.x rom encryption....this applies to both roms and retail games

but thats the genral idea....but say if you bought pokemon that normally requires 6.x you could play that in classic mode

Ok, let's put this scenario:
Forgetting that I own an MT-Card... My 3DS is officially in 4.5. I buy Smash Bros in a store. Can I play it by putting the official cartridge in the console and launch the game legitimately, without MT-Card Mode or Classic Mode or whatever?

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let's put this scenario:
Forgetting that I own an MT-Card... My 3DS is officially in 4.5. I buy Smash Bros in a store. Can I play it by putting the official cartridge in the console and launch the game legitimately, without MT-Card Mode or Classic Mode or whatever?

no, if you put the cartridge and attempt to play it, it will ask you update to 8.1 as that is the firmware necessary to play it.

ajfja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no, if you put the cartridge and attempt to play it, it will ask you update to 8.1 as that is the firmware necessary to play it.

So, I really have to wait for the MT-Card software to update... looks like I'll have to wait a while...

Tom Letterman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,
I'm not very good at al this stuff, so maybe I ask a question that is already answered.
I have trouble with playing super smash bros.
I have gateway, I have a sd cart of 16 gb and I updated the gateway software today, so it's above 8.XX.
But I still got a black screen when I want to play super smash bros.
Can somebody help me out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1