Hacking Smash Bros 3ds JPN black screen on 4.1 systemNAND

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's allowed since it will lead to you being able to directly obtain the rom. The release name by caravan is useless too since the only JPN dump of SSB is done by some chinese owner.

Telling someone the name of ROMs/scene release names is perfectly fine, it's been the standard way of doing it for ages.

Name is:
DairanSmasBro3dJPN_IND

redblueyelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to generate the xor pads for the game if we have the ncchinfo.bin? I've noticed that some people have been having problems getting the game to work, not sure if getting the files will generate problems as well.

Titania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Today I think i saw a topic about changing SD card (i've 2gb one, it shouldn't work), can someone please link me the topic where they explain how to transfer data etc? It had like 8 passages or something like that, in a comment

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Today I think i saw a topic about changing SD card (i've 2gb one, it shouldn't work), can someone please link me the topic where they explain how to transfer data etc? It had like 8 passages or something like that, in a comment

Use the emunand tool to backup your emunand.

You can copy your saves directly from your SD to your PC, but you can also use this tool

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I upgrade my EmuNand to the latest version and try to play SSB4, will I recieve any update information when I load the game up (since firmware spoofing isn't gonna work)?

Do you have gateway 2.3b. I think some people had that problem. I got 8.1 emunand and gateway 2.3b and it works just fine also check your sd card to see if it has enough space.

edit: I think I misread that. I didn't have to update any of the game when I started to play it, but I think emunand 8.1 takes care of that when/if it will need it.

Cloveskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're getting a black screen

Using Gateway 2.3b
1. Insert 4gb+ sd card
2. Copy Launcher.dat onto sd card
3. Format Emunand in Gateway menu (will erase)
4. Boot Gateway and update to 8.1 (check for GW in your version number before you update)
5. Boot Gatway again
6. Press select and pick SSB
7. ?????
8. Profit

Reactions: jlf278

ajfja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm new here. Can someone tell me the best way to make Super Smash Bros. not black screen on an MT-Card?
Thank you.

Alocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Strange. i'm using a 4GB sd, gateway 2.3b and last update but is giving black screen :/

Tried formating emunand but nothing

edit:

Nvm. idk wtf happened now started working.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, that change was enough to get things working. I do hope Gateway can create an EmuNAND transfer but since it may be partially tied to some physical elements of the SD card it's constructed on, that might not even be possible. I don't know enough to say.

But yeah, if you don't have a 4GB+ SD card, you won't be able to get it to work.

I didn't see anyone post this so I thought I throw it out there. Works great

http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

ajfja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you can, only Gateway works with the new 8.x encryption.

Oh, really... That's a shame, oh well... I guess I have to wait a bit. Just out of curiosity: since the MT-Card is a clone of the Gateway, do I have to change my 3DS SD Card to a 4GB+ card too?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Oh, really... That's a shame, oh well... I guess I have to wait a bit. Just out of curiosity: since the MT-Card is a clone of the Gateway, do I have to change my 3DS SD Card to a 4GB+ card too?

SSB will always require 4gb+ sd card even with a retail cart.

Yes at the moment only gateway supports 8.x encryption and since now even in classic mode you need a red card makes me think mt card will have a very hard time cloning this update

ajfja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BTW, I never tried "Classic Mode" of the MT-Card. What's the difference between that and "MT-Card Mode"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill