Gaming Smash Bros 3DS "For Glory" Bug & 1.2 update coming soon.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Okay, so how do we know they didn't "overlook" this pretty obvious bug so that they can further prevent Gateway users from online play with a new patch? And who is to say we won't get another software update to keep Gateway users also out of the eShop? It seems a little fishy to me.
that's pretty paranoid.
they can release an update for the game whenever they want, they don't have to make excuses. purposefully leaving a bug in the game is completely unneeded. an update for the game doesn't stop gateway users playing online... - only stopping region free online play, this game is coming out internationally, so that's not nintendo's plan, to stop people with usa consoles from playing online for a few weeks.
nintendo's firmware updates aren't strictly to stop gateway users (relative to sony). we already know they will release an update to provide themes support (that's not just limited to new 3ds right?) - regardless, surely a new fw update will come out, why shouldn't nintendo try and stop us from accessing eshop? - but they are not really doing anything sneaky, fishy... lol

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how exsactly are they planning to patch this? Im curious because the turnip pulling is part of the moveset as is the bomb with link. Removing either of those would be giving that player a huge disadvantage, would it not? Are they just making it so its only turnips being pulled and nothing else can be spawned? Or are they removing that move completely? Coz i would hope its a simple case of allowing the turnip but removing the ratio of every other item she can spawn to 0 and not allowing it to be customized.

Pretty stupid of them to overlook this but i hope they patch it in a way that doesnt screw peach (and possibly link?) users.

its a bug. its not links bombs, its not peaches turnips, their auto ban system has a bug due to the fact that peach can rarely pull up items like beam swords and bombs instead of turnips. this is only with peach and they aren't taking out turnips from glory mode. I assume they will make it so peach can only pull turnips in glory mode and fix the banning system so peach players won't get banned for no reason.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friends banned me from using peach in melee.

So what were games like before we could release patches like this? How did we make sure there werent game breaking bugs like this in pre digital release days? Did companies just fire the whole QA staff as soon as DLC and patching became commonplace?

Reactions: ILOVETOPLAYNESGA

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guitar hero 3 on wii had a issue, I think it only had mono sound or something, they had people send their disc in. Companies would also just release new versions of the disc/cart that had some bug fixes. but there wasn't a way to update.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

So what were games like before we could release patches like this? How did we make sure there werent game breaking bugs like this in pre digital release days? Did companies just fire the whole QA staff as soon as DLC and patching became commonplace?
Before patches we also didn't have much in the way of online play with automated banning systems.
(also, games were simpler, which automatically means less bugs)

NotAnAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You adapt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.