Hacking [Smash Bros 3DS] Any chance to take advantage of this?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS demo units I got a chance to play at comic-con had an attachment on the back of the 3DS preventing you from accessing the cart.

Same with all the demo kiosks, that way people can't easily just steal the cartridge and run off with it. Especially now that anyone with a Gateway can dump their carts.

Technically still possible, but I doubt anybody walked into their Best Buy carrying industrial metal cutting pliers :P (Strongly suspect that's how all the demo carts get sold on eBay though)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nah the demo carts are just taken home by the staff when.a new demo comes in to put on the display

Pretty sure they are meant to be sent back to Nintendo, but as always people don't exactly follow the rules all the time

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Technically still possible, but I doubt anybody walked into their Best Buy carrying industrial metal cutting pliers :P (Strongly suspect that's how all the demo carts get sold on eBay though)

What about walking out of the store dragging the kiosk attached to your 3DS? People these days are not committed enough to bring piracy like the good old days.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah the in store consoles are just retail consoles,they just have auto booting demo carts inserted that disable the home screen (you can try the dumped demo carts by bigbluebox to see how it works), unless they supply another console to go with the demo......its likely just a normal demo cart,

the guys with the lanyard consoles would be more likely than a store to be getting hold of debug machines

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any real point in this thread, the whole actual game is out in 4 days time and probably 3 on the net!. Just hope GW gets there fingers out this weekend and sorts the new encryption else no one will be playing it!! Damn.. that would be major disappointing and very aggravating! :hateit:

Sorry my bad, not till October 3rd, I thought it was 3rd next month! Thats a double damn.. :(

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well Super smash bros will be realesed in japan on September 13 so maybe it would be leaked 7 days before, it would be cool that Gateway launch the new update in August 30 or before and it wiil be too late for nintendo to patch the Usa/Europe and Jap versions. I hope gateway doesnt wait until Pokemon Omega ruby is out because it will be a loooong wait.
I would like to know the size of Super smash bros i think it will have a huge size

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah I think it's retail.

if SOMEONE could ask something like .

Graphics are amazing! is this a normal 3DS? i mean do they send you the game and you put it on a regular console, or is this an special 3DS provided specifically for the demo?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There is toon link on there.....but who knows, it's just a demo, maybe they just didn't have him at 100% for the demo, or theydidnt want.to include him

loco365

Trophies
XP
Here's another image that shows it. Looks like it's gonna be impossible to dump it.

BtgyAIDIQAExsv7.jpg:large

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly