Hacking [Smash Bros 3DS] Any chance to take advantage of this?

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume they hand you a unit with the demo on it (rather than a game for your 3DS) then they probably guard you as you play it. (they explain the game to you while guarding you to make it seem more friendly)
It's probably actually tethered to the person, I bet.

It would be great if someone could rip the demo though. Somehow eject the card.
I know at other events there's not always a person standing next to the units.

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume they hand you a unit with the demo on it (rather than a game for your 3DS) then they probably guard you as you play it. (they explain the game to you while guarding you to make it seem more friendly)

It says you get selected via Twitter, so it's probably a download code.

It's probably got the new encryption so we probably wouldn't even be able to play it until someone cracks the encryption.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
It says you get selected via Twitter, so it's probably a download code.

It's probably got the new encryption so we probably wouldn't even be able to play it until someone cracks the encryption.

"for a chance to have a roaming group of employees show up with a demo of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS"
Atleast if it's encrypted they'll get a head start to cracking it on the real game.
I'm sure most of us will actually buy the game, but the Japanese version is coming out earlier and region free only exists for backups.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"for a chance to have a roaming group of employees show up with a demo of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS"
Atleast if it's encrypted they'll get a head start to cracking it on the real game.
I'm sure most of us will actually buy the game, but the Japanese version is coming out earlier and region free only exists for backups.

It is download though. That's what I was referring to. If you look at other links, they confirm it.

I think it'd be awesome if we could utilize this in some way!

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
It is download though. That's what I was referring to. If you look at other links, they confirm it.

I think it'd be awesome if we could utilize this in some way!

Why would the staff need to walk up to you if it's a download code?
I'd hate to ask, but I can see the source on it being digital?
I had a look around a few sites and didn't see confirmation.

Actually sites say you get to play it "briefly", which would make sense if it's not on your own 3DS.
If it was on your own 3DS, how would they make it brief? Would the demo delete itself mid-play?
I think you guys aren't thinking this through.

"The winner will enjoy a brief hands-on session as a prize."

Another point is it'd be impractical to only advertise the game to people who don't own and bring 3DSes.
Even if they did, it should say on press release "make sure to bring your 3DS" or similar.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a download code.
There have been various events where they download games/apps to individual 3DSes. And yes it's brief, but will they still have it on their 3DS after? Just in an unplayable state?

Why would the staff need to walk up to you if it's a download code?
I'd hate to ask, but I can see the source on it being digital?
I had a look around a few sites and didn't see confirmation.

Actually sites say you get to play it "briefly", which would make sense if it's not on your own 3DS.
If it was on your own 3DS, how would they make it brief? Would the demo delete itself mid-play?
I think you guys aren't thinking this through.

"The winner will enjoy a brief hands-on session as a prize."

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Not a download code.
There have been various events where they download games/apps to individual 3DSes. And yes it's brief, but will they still have it on their 3DS after? Just in an unplayable state?

I haven't heard about those downloads at other events, how do they work?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm I wonder how they would look at you, if they actually came with a cartridge to you and you say " Just a sec, need to make a backup with the gateway app"

Good news is, I doubt they can keep an eye on each and every 3DS ;) - If you're playing the 3DS version, there must be others you're playing against.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, would be fun to see a demo version scene release to get a little view into the game before it gets released, but to be honest, I wouldn't count on that and I actually don't really care, I will buy the WiiU version, because I cant imagine playing smash on such a small screen, also I want to play it with my friends, can't do that on 3ds, as most of them dont have one and playing it with buddies on the big screen while having a couple of beers together still is the best way to play this game for me, but everyone has different preferences

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, Best Buy had the 3DS version too?

The store I went to only had the Wii U one. And it was in the demo unit which was behind glass, all we got were the controllers.

ssj4gohan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS demo units I got a chance to play at comic-con had an attachment on the back of the 3DS preventing you from accessing the cart.

dot7z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, Best Buy had the 3DS version too?

The store I went to only had the Wii U one. And it was in the demo unit which was behind glass, all we got were the controllers.

I'm surprised my local one had the 3DS version then. They were completely unprepared for the event.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night