ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeyp7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, ima give this a sec 2 load if it doesnt i have 1 more thing 2 try
LJzXZo0.jpg

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not really, also I don't really mind the order that the standard CSS has, I only want some alts to show up like FemCorrin, Cloud, Pink Villager, etc
Oh, i see what you mean... Ill see if i can do anything with that, i gotta go out in like an hour tho and i wont be back for like 36 hours
Online does work if you do the cache command, I tried with friends (not local) and it works no problem, haven't tried For Glory though.
For glory works for me with 1.1.5 SaltySD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not really, also I don't really mind the order that the standard CSS has, I only want some alts to show up like FemCorrin, Cloud, Pink Villager, etc
Ok, before i can get home and do some photo editing, ive got a workaround for some characters that have more distinctive alts (Male WFT, Female Robin/Corrin, Wireframe Mac, ect.) It should be ready soon, but im not 100% sure

Last edited by Yudowat,

Monkeyp7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it looks like my dream is dead until i get a proper .bch file if someone wants to make it for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well it looks like my dream is dead until i get a proper .bch file if someone wants to make it for me
If one can be made...

Attachments

• wolf.rar
    605.3 KB · Views: 119

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This will be able to show alt costumes such as female corrin or wireframe mac in the CSS, still a WIP however as this was done quickly and without testing

(Im not able to test this as my DS isnt with me at the moment, so please report any bugs or misnamed folders ect to me here or in a pm :) )

Attachments

• CSS ALTERNATIVES.zip
    542 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by Yudowat,

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with an editor...

Using the T3X editor, The image for Lucario's 8th costume from chr_00 (chr_00_Lucario_08.tex) is loading properly, but importing an image over it, same size and everything, doesn't reflect any changes in the editor. Also, saving the project as a TEX file creates the file, but it literally take up ZERO BYTES of memory, even if I didn't edit the file at all...

Has anyone else found a solution for this?

Last edited by Mattshark,

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem with an editor...

Using the T3X editor, The image for Lucario's 8th costume from chr_00 (chr_00_Lucario_08.tex) is loading properly, but importing an image over it, same size and everything, doesn't reflect any changes in the editor. Also, saving the project as a TEX file creates the file, but it literally take up ZERO BYTES of memory, even if I didn't edit the file at all...

Has anyone else found a solution for this?
I use SM4SHTEX for editing .Tex files and it works properly, I used it for editing the 321 and go (I said AND because they are in different files)

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use SM4SHTEX for editing .Tex files and it works properly, I used it for editing the 321 and go (I said AND because they are in different files)
That's the same program I'm using, but everything I save takes up Zero Bytes of memory for some reason and doesn't work...

Would changing the option in the dropdown menu (top left) change anything? It automatically sets itself to ETC1A4 by default, but sometimes saving it with a different option actually gives it a filesize (but still crashes the game).
What option in that menu works for you?

EDIT: Changing it to RGBA4444 works perfectly, although the file size is suddenly twice as big as the original...

Eh, I'll Live with it.

Last edited by Mattshark,

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the same program I'm using, but everything I save takes up Zero Bytes of memory for some reason and doesn't work...

Would changing the option in the dropdown menu (top left) change anything? It automatically sets itself to ETC1A4 by default, but sometimes saving it with a different option actually gives it a filesize (but still crashes the game).
What option in that menu works for you?

EDIT: Changing it to RGBA4444 works perfectly, although the file size is suddenly twice as big as the original...

Eh, I'll Live with it.
What I do is export image for the resolution and format and when I'm done editing, I choose import image and the Tex file will be modified

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be able to show alt costumes such as female corrin or wireframe mac in the CSS, still a WIP however as this was done quickly and without testing

(Im not able to test this as my DS isnt with me at the moment, so please report any bugs or misnamed folders ect to me here or in a pm :) )

From my testing, this doesn't work with @SD_DS 's CSS mod. Not sure if that's to be expected or not

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I dunno what the problem is, but when using Ohana3ds (from OP pack) to edit textures (via the method of loading hand model, then x fighter's .mbn and .bch) when I test them ingame the textures are all in different positions and it just looks odd, I tried looking via Ohana3ds a Shiny Mewtwo texture hack from a pack and then an edited one by me and the textures seem to be in the same sizes and such, are they failing because I use Photoshop to edit them? or is it because I import everything back with "Import All" instead of doing it 1 by 1? it should be noted that I do "Export All" too so the order shouldn't be a problem I assume? this might come off as a noob question but I dunno that much about Ohana3ds myself.

-Hero-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It keeps telling me this when I want to re-generate the cache again. It worked before, I tried with " / " and quotations too. cachegen.py is in the Root of SD as well.
397c1d2cea.png

Last edited by -Hero-,

-Hero-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Python" should be a recognized command if you have Python 2 installed. Did you correctly set up your environment variables?
Not really sure what you mean by the last part, but I re-installed Python twice and it worked now |:

Thanks though.

Reactions: Caseyfam

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

9U7HtTA.png

(Excuse the potato quality I just thought it'll be faster to send this via phone) this is supposed to have textures based on Dark Bowser, but only the eyes seem to be in the proper position, everything else isn't

ArcPh1r3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9U7HtTA.png

(Excuse the potato quality I just thought it'll be faster to send this via phone) this is supposed to have textures based on Dark Bowser, but only the eyes seem to be in the proper position, everything else isn't
Did you rotate the textures at all? I know when my first texture looked wrong it was because I accidentally rotated them when exporting. If that doesn't work try manually importing them in.

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
9U7HtTA.png

I believe the textures are upside down

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to do a SFX hack to change Dr. Mario back to his Melee voice, but when I put the files on my SD, they don't work and Doc still has his normal voice. Any help with this?

EDIT: Wow, I'm a dumbass. I forgot to regenerate cache.

Last edited by BlastXDX,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol