ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please tell me I have been searching for ages... Is there a 1.1.6 EUR SaltySD cia? Where can I get it from?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me I have been searching for ages... Is there a 1.1.6 EUR SaltySD cia? Where can I get it from?
Do not use the cias, they are all outdated. Use a vanilla 1.1.6 update and use smash-selector to get the code.bin (read everything on the smash-selector page to setup, latest stable release of luma has code sections built in already)

NetBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I have Luma I'm using the code and it works, but its really slow. I used the Cachegen.py

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was wondering if the cia was maybe faster. Do you know how to make it faster? (Also I got Rick Rolled in your obligatory quotes)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I have Luma I'm using the code and it works, but its really slow. I used the Cachegen.py

I was wondering if the cia was maybe faster. Do you know how to make it faster? (Also I got Rick Rolled in your obligatory quotes)
European saltysds will always be slow (afaik). Get an NA rom if possible, and use that.

NetBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. Does Luma have region free? If not, does GW?

Also, what's an NA ROM? Sorry I'm a Noob

NetBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for your swift replies:)

Do you have a link to the luma payload section for US?

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Cache is no longer needed as of SaltySD v0.9
European saltysds will always be slow (afaik). Get an NA rom if possible, and use that.
Every region has the same speeds. CIA was slow for everyone, cache was slightly faster for everyone, and loading times are like vanilla with luma for everyone.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cache is no longer needed as of SaltySD v0.9

Every region has the same speeds. CIA was slow for everyone, cache was slightly faster for everyone, and loading times are like vanilla with luma for everyone.
Aparently the EUR version for saltysd is a bit slow compared to the usa version. Id recommend installing a usa copy of the game(and update) and see if loading times are that bad. Normally loading should only be really bad right after you launch the game or access the sd card to view things like replays.
(from the smash selector thread)

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
(from the smash selector thread)
OK, now that's weird. But personally I have seen 0 difference in load times between my friend's USA 3DS running a EUR copy of smash and my EUR 3DS running that same EUR CIA file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...