Hacking Small nand size close to defeat ?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tonight Nicksasa (that many of you will know) posted another mod of NeoGamma R6.

This time it can use USB HDD to emulate the nand.
So with his 2 different mods you can use either the SD or HDD for nand space with games saves and DLC.

Using this and Triiforce means that in theory you could have ALL your game saves, WiiWare/VC and DLC ready to use and have a virtually empty real nand on your Wii.

Anyone interested should go grab a copy and check it out :
http://nicksasa.ueuo.com/

You need cIOS Rev 14 for nand emulation and a dump of your nand (you can use Nicksasas Simple FS Dumper to get a clean small dump with only the needed files)
Please note Nicksasa does not plan to support this mod of neo gamma dont use or use AT YOUR OWN RISK ! ! ! (be bootmii safe if worried)

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Real sweet! Nicksasa is a smooth criminal. So SFSD can dump all of the vc/ww/channels+Wii game saves to SD/? If so that is a pretty sweet solution!

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Empyr69er said:
Real sweet! Nicksasa is a smooth criminal. So SFSD can dump all of the vc/ww/channels+Wii game saves to SD/? If so that is a pretty sweet solution!

Yep
biggrin.gif

Remember though it's pretty much untested and not going to be supported.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great.
smile.gif

Thanks Nicksasa!

I yet gotta try Triifroce ( I don't know why I didn't do that earlier..) anyways.. I'm gonna try stuff now, and debug stuff with my USB Gecko which could help you in mean while?
smile.gif

31.43 incl sending costs airmail to Europe
wink.gif
You can get it a lot cheaper than I did.. I bought it there when the thing was 30 euro and with sending costs like 40 euro.. ( to europe too)

On: Adictron

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so anyone else want to explain what this is. Seems like it's just a stock neogamma and nothing more.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ossot said:
so anyone else want to explain what this is. Seems like it's just a stock neogamma and nothing more.

Say you dump your nand with all your game saves on it and then launch one of they games with these builds, it will use the saves dumped on SD/USB to read from and write too.

This is good if:
(1) you have a lot if saves and can't be bothered needing to move them to and from SD all the time
(2) you have a lot of "My Sims" type games needing around 127+ blocks per save.
(3) you have a lot of custom GH games with lots of different saves

(4) you want to get more space on your REAL Wii nand for some reason ??

(5) DLC ??? (I have no idea about this side of things, but if it runs from USB instead of nand then it must be good ??? )
(6) you want less read and writes to you nand ???

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I was completely confused. That's what I get for not paying attention to forums or the irc channel for a while.

Thanks for the info, what I was thinking it did apparently can already actually be done with triiforce. Go figure.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ossot said:
Ya I was completely confused. That's what I get for not paying attention to forums or the irc channel for a while.

Thanks for the info, what I was thinking it did apparently can already actually be done with triiforce. Go figure.
No TriiForce does channels (WiiWare & VC), these do saves and dlc for disc based games.

Using both TriiForce and one of these means you pretty much don't need to use you real nand for anything and your only limited by the size of your external storage device (if compatable etc)

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Reading this makes me smile a bit at last...

I messed with my save game of Monster Hunter Tri and tried to copy it to SD, which failed. Then I copied it to SD with Preloader hack, anyways it wont go back to my Wii.

With this program here...would I be able to access my save game from my Nand dump I previously made?

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sli(with many m's)
Can't find a link to the modded NG, tried poking around and even registered, I can't find it. Do you have a direct link for the aforementioned file?

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
muzz said:
@sli(with many m's)
Can't find a link to the modded NG, tried poking around and even registered, I can't find it. Do you have a direct link for the aforementioned file?

It's in his forums in the release section.

Thanks just realized I registered on the main page not the forums, guess it's two different logins for main page and forum duh

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What happend with this project? I know it's "unsupported", which explains why there are no Updates, but still, nobody said something like "This works great!" or "This doesn't work", or anything in that direction. I only saw: "Ok, trying out", not more. Why does it have so less attention, why died this Topic long time ago? Can anyone give some light on this, please?

For me, this sounds awesome, and I would love to use it on an decent USB Loader (CFG-Loader, WiiFlow, etc...)..Unfortunately, I think they won't integrate it...(don't know why...).

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried this. So far, all i've got to show for it is: RB2 loads up, but doesn't connect to store.
GHWT/Metallica also boot up, but for some reason the network connection doesn't work.

Has anyone else tried this? with success? If so, how did you do it?

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could that be fixed? Just read about Crediar's package which is supposed to come out somewhere as well. If everything is read from either USB or SD, shouldn't that include network settings and all that?

BTW, thanks for the fast answer, nicksasa
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme