Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gameonion and everyone, please do not delete blank entries, or any entries, sm4shexplorer and the game apparently dont load the musics the same way and if you do, it's gonna mess up your songs.
I'm gonna work on a fix for it asap, cause this is a serious one.

Reactions: gameonion

porcaro0395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having problems with trying to run Sm4shexplorer. First I'm getting this when i try to open the content portion of the folder "It seems that the game folder is missing a few important element. In order for sm4shexplorer to work. Make sure the folder 'content' exists. this folder should contain the latest patch as well as the files 'ls' and 'dt00'/dt01'" I have all three of those and it still wont let me use it. 2nd, when I use Uwizard to download the lastest patch, it doesn't give me a "meta" folder. Only a "code" and "content folder. How do i go about getting a meta folder?

bSM

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I'm having what seems to be a unique problem. Basically I'm stuck at the part where you have to drag and drop texture files into Sm4sh Explorer. For whatever reason it just has an error whenever I try to drag anything in, it simply won't let me drag anything in. I've tried moving Sm4sh Explorer to desktop, and redownloading, and downloading. I've been stuck at this for literally weeks.

Also I am dragging texture files like, say c00 for Robin, onto data\fighter\reflet\model\body in Sm4sh Explorer, but for whatever reason when I drag that c00 folder into Sm4sh Explorer it won't let me.

I tried to print screen when it had that error thing but it didn't get in the screen, so I drew in what it looks like, it's a circle with a line through it, basically can't drag anything in.

Attachments

• asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf.png
    asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 478

bSM

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried that as well, when I open body and drag it still won't let me. It doesn't let me drag it in basically anywhere :/.

gameonion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@gameonion and everyone, please do not delete blank entries, or any entries, sm4shexplorer and the game apparently dont load the musics the same way and if you do, it's gonna mess up your songs.
I'm gonna work on a fix for it asap, cause this is a serious one.
This explains a lot. I might have accidentally deleted one at some point.

bSM

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you even see the icon changing?

An alternative way to do it is simply copying the files in your workspace folder, it works.

The icon doesn't change, and also I added a texture into the workspace folder manually, and refreshed treeview but nothing changes.

EDIT: SOLVED MY PROBLEM! I was running Sm4sh explorer as admin, I didn't do that and it now works flawlessly.

Last edited by bSM,

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The icon doesn't change, and also I added a texture into the workspace folder manually, and refreshed treeview but nothing changes.
Double check your config, specifically the path to the workspace, make sure it's right... Otherwise I really have no idea, I never got that report before :/

Dinoman96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having a serious issue here.

I'm able to add tracks to the game and they appear in the Sound Test, but for some reason they don't actually show up the stage's My Music playlist. I have a bunch of Punch-Out!! songs sitting here in the Sound Test but for some strange reason they won't show up in the Boxing Ring's My Music tab. And before you say it, I did assign them to the stage's MM in the latest version of Sm4sh Explorer.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having a serious issue here.

I'm able to add tracks to the game and they appear in the Sound Test, but for some reason they don't actually show up the stage's My Music playlist. I have a bunch of Punch-Out!! songs sitting here in the Sound Test but for some strange reason they won't show up in the Boxing Ring's My Music tab. And before you say it, I did assign them to the stage's MM in the latest version of Sm4sh Explorer.

Check if you removed songs at all (even blank), if you did, there's a known bug that will be fixed soon.

Xavier Davila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having a bit of a problem here.
First starting mods out, I used TS4M's tutorials to do music and textures with Sm4shExplorer .04.
Well, now that I've updated my Sm4shExplorer, and moved my workspace folder over to the new one (Sm4shexplorer even has the green text, showing that a mod is there) when i build the mod and load the game, none of the mods (Textures, CSS portraits, song titles, etc.) are there.
Music is, however, since they're in a separate file from the patch folder and SDCafiine still loads them.
Any idea why this could be happening?

Last edited by Xavier Davila,

Kaguura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the second time this has happened although I don't remember if it's the same file but basically after I compile in Sm4shMusic and then compile on Sm4shExplorer it gives an error. I just click continue, close Sm4shExplorer, delete the export folder and try again on Sm4shExplorer and then it works. I don't know if this is a new bug or not but I'm reporting it just in case.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 366

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the second time this has happened although I don't remember if it's the same file but basically after I compile in Sm4shMusic and then compile on Sm4shExplorer it gives an error. I just click continue, close Sm4shExplorer, delete the export folder and try again on Sm4shExplorer and then it works. I don't know if this is a new bug or not but I'm reporting it just in case.
The error is pretty straight forward, windows kept the lock on the file, which crash when sm4shexplorer tries to delete the folder.
I can look about making a friendlier error version of this

Wongolo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. First post, whatever. I'm trying to get into TS4M's pack to analyze some of the changes he made to characters, but I'm having no luck because of the way everything's "packed." Is there a way to unpack the packed "packed"s? I can't find anything about this anywhere.

EDIT: Since this post is here I might as well just ask this: in the mod pack, TS4M changed the landing lag of moves. When I go to edit the landing animations for each move, they're empty, and any changes I make also have no effect. How did he do this?

Last edited by Wongolo,

PlasmoidThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also might have a solution for libvgmstream, I sent a dll on discord for those who want to try it out.

For anyone who was able to try this out, did it work?

The latest version was deleted by Windows Defender on my computer. Is this a false positive?
None of us have had viruses from Sm4shExplorer as of yet, so yeah :P

jewlecho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having a bit of a problem here.
First starting mods out, I used TS4M's tutorials to do music and textures with Sm4shExplorer .04.
Well, now that I've updated my Sm4shExplorer, and moved my workspace folder over to the new one (Sm4shexplorer even has the green text, showing that a mod is there) when i build the mod and load the game, none of the mods (Textures, CSS portraits, song titles, etc.) are there.
Music is, however, since they're in a separate file from the patch folder and SDCafiine still loads them.
Any idea why this could be happening?

Make sure you're checking your folder paths. In 0.06 there's an extra folder once you build it.

Instead of:
  • release > patch > data > fighter....etc
Now it's:
  • release > content > patch > data > fighter....etc
Renaming the release folder to patch in 0.06 and moving it as usual will cause textures to not show. Just move the patch folder that's inside of content to your SD card instead.

Last edited by jewlecho,
Reactions: SleeplessKnight

SleeplessKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you're checking your folder paths. In 0.06 there's an extra folder once you build it.

Instead of:
  • release > patch > data > fighter....etc
Now it's:
  • release > content > patch > data > fighter....etc
Renaming the release folder to patch in 0.06 and moving it as usual will cause textures to not show. Just move the patch folder that's inside of content to your SD card instead.

I was going nuts trying to figure out my issue. This was my problem. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny