Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why some people would have false positive with sm4shexplorer... specially with windows defender lol.
Did it happen in 0.04 as well? could be the plugin thing? I really don't know.

Also gonna release a 0.06.4b (I keep making small changes that forces me to update the core) along with sm4shmusic v0.6b.
Im calling it b and will switch automatically to non beta after a few days, but there is a few changes that requires some more testing. Just figured I would share it here since it solves some well know problems:

- fix for libvgmstream: Some people claim they didnt have the bug after this version, so hopefully that'll work for everyone.
- fix for sound desync that some people who removed a song (or blank) were having. Sadly I don't really see a way around starting from scratch, unless you know how to edit the saved xml, but that's seriously gonna take longer.
- unsigned values have been changed to signed (4294967295 will be shown as -1 now), please understand that it breaks the deserialization of any saved xml config.
- Rarity changed to 100 by default
- Unk5 is now known as Play Delay thanks to @Pib
- BLANK files are now automatically removed when loading the list. This is to avoid a lot of confusion. Instead when you click Add, Sm4shMusic will now automatically fill the gaps in IDs (like in a config from scratch, the first ID to be created will be 15)
- MSBT variables names are now sync to the ID of the song, base 36 (so like ID 10 will be SOUNDA, ID 11 will be SOUNDB, etc). It means that the xml doesn't have to hold the information about the label anymore, making it smaller.

Again, this comes with changes that break a xml generation prior to this version. No worries though. if you have working Sm4shMusic compiled files (without warning showing up and all) you will be able to load it with this version and save an xml for this version.
Hopefully there won't be too many changes like that anymore.

Oh also, Ive been asked a few times, so here's how you "reset" sm4shmusic:
Sm4shExplorer loads and extract files in that order:
Modded files (workspace) > Patch files (288/whatever) > LS (vanilla files).
Which means, if you have a file in the workspace folder, it's all sm4shexplorer is going to see.

So, in order to reset the sound dbs, all you have to do is remove the files modified by sm4shmusic in your workspace ( data/param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin (multi-region), data/sound/config/bgm_mymusic.mmb, data/sound/config/bgm_property.mpb and data/ui/message/sound.msbt (multi-region))

Last edited by deinonychus71,
D

Deleted User

can I build a mod patch for the EU region even though I dumped it using the US version? I was wondering because some Europeans can't seem to get a texture pack I made working.

Last edited by ,

Scorpob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but adding over 20 songs on some stages (such as mario galaxy, pkmn stadium 2) every time I load up the game it doesn't save how often it plays for every song past 20. for example, I have 23 songs on Mario Galaxy. Everytime I load up the game, the final 3 songs are always set to never play, and i have to turn it up so it will actually play. any fix for this?

gameonion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but adding over 20 songs on some stages (such as mario galaxy, pkmn stadium 2) every time I load up the game it doesn't save how often it plays for every song past 20. for example, I have 23 songs on Mario Galaxy. Everytime I load up the game, the final 3 songs are always set to never play, and i have to turn it up so it will actually play. any fix for this?
That's what happened for me too, but the thing is: The songs that don't play at all aren't supposed to be on that stage. For me, Fourside doesn't play, and it's listed on Battlefield (even though it should be on Onett).

A good way to check if songs are in the wrong location: Turn up the likelyhood of them appearing in the MyMusic Menu, exit and check again. If the likelyhood is completely down again, it's most likely in the wrong location.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reset the config of the stage. It should switch back to default value (50% or 100%, depending which version you used to create it)
If even after doing that, and making sure you don't have the bug gameonion mentionned (normally fixed in 0.06.4b) then it probably has to do with the save itself... and that's sad.

So then we would need to find a way to force the save to actually save the config for the 40 entries, and it might be in the rpx, which makes the job a hell of a lot harder.
If the limit is different for each stage, it could be a setting somewhere in a param file, it'd make it a lot easier to fix.
Please make sure to BACKUP your SAVE before attempting to add new songs. We didn't get reports of save corrupted yet but better be safe than sorry.

Last edited by deinonychus71,

Xavier Davila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're checking your folder paths. In 0.06 there's an extra folder once you build it.

Instead of:
  • release > patch > data > fighter....etc
Now it's:
  • release > content > patch > data > fighter....etc
Renaming the release folder to patch in 0.06 and moving it as usual will cause textures to not show. Just move the patch folder that's inside of content to your SD card instead.
I moved my workspace folder to the 0.06 folder and made the proper arrangements with the directories, then built the mod and done what you said. But now, It just freezes on the booting screen of the game.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved my workspace folder to the 0.06 folder and made the proper arrangements with the directories, then built the mod and done what you said. But now, It just freezes on the booting screen of the game.
have a clean patch folder on your SD before attempting to mod anything, your patch folder should be ~2GB to ~2.5GB depending of your region.

Freeze are due to corrupt resources, which is very often due to the wrong files being on the SD, either cause you removed a mod and left the files there, or well... simply didnt copy the patch at all.

buzzardarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it normal that the game remembers the frequency I set for some of my custom music but not for others when I reboot the game?

I tried resetting the music on My Music (ingame) but it does not fix the problem.

Xavier Davila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a clean patch folder on your SD before attempting to mod anything, your patch folder should be ~2GB to ~2.5GB depending of your region.

Freeze are due to corrupt resources, which is very often due to the wrong files being on the SD, either cause you removed a mod and left the files there, or well... simply didnt copy the patch at all.
I'm confused. I don't have a patch folder in my SD Card at all until I take it from the export in Sm4shExplorer.

Xavier Davila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loadiine requires to have the whole game on the SD along with its patchs... so yeah you need the patch as well.

Sm4shexplorer export is ONLY the modded files.
is this a recent addition?? because, when I was using 0.04, I could get my mods loading just fine with putting the "patch" folder into the 0005000010144F00 folder.
also, im pretty sure im loading the mods with sdcafiine.

Last edited by Xavier Davila,

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this a recent addition?? because, when I was using 0.04, I could get my mods loading just fine with putting the "patch" folder into the 0005000010144F00 folder.
It's not... but the folder you are talking about is typically used by sdcafiine. You said you were using loadiine.
If you use loadiine, you need the whole patch, the whole game even.
If you use cafiine, only the files you wish to replace (so, sm4shexplorer export content)

Xavier Davila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not... but the folder you are talking about is typically used by sdcafiine. You said you were using loadiine.
If you use loadiine, you need the whole patch, the whole game even.
If you use cafiine, only the files you wish to replace (so, sm4shexplorer export content)
sorry for the confusion, but, yes I use SDCafiine. Maybe this was a product of not moving over the workspace folder correctly?
https://gyazo.com/1b62cd04991b5ba9620b854858dc53de
this is what mine looks like

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the confusion, but, yes I use SDCafiine. Maybe this was a product of not moving over the workspace folder correctly?
https://gyazo.com/1b62cd04991b5ba9620b854858dc53de
this is what mine looks like
Wipe clean the content of your mod folder on your SD, then copy the content of the export folder (without release/debug ofc) on your SD. also check your game on your wii U is using the same version as your mods (288 is last version) and same region.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to screw around with music, following this tutorial. The system will sometimes throw a weird SD card error whenever I try to access the stage select, regardless of how much music I'm adding. Sometimes it lets me select a stage, but the music doesn't function whatever I do. There is nothing else that SDCafiine patches on my SD aside from the custom music patch that the program gives me, everything else has been deleted. Has anyone else been having these problems?

Last edited by ultramario1998,

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I've been having an issue with Suzaku Castle and trying to add new songs there. I added around 5 songs. Two songs I added (which are Ryu's Theme from SF5 and Ryu Theme from SFxMM) load the fast version and normal versions of Ken Stage Type B/Ryu Stage Type B at the exact same time. Like it's loading two nus3banks at the exact same time. It's kinda weird to explain...

buzzardarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reset the config of the stage. It should switch back to default value (50% or 100%, depending which version you used to create it)
If even after doing that, and making sure you don't have the bug gameonion mentionned (normally fixed in 0.06.4b) then it probably has to do with the save itself... and that's sad.

So then we would need to find a way to force the save to actually save the config for the 40 entries, and it might be in the rpx, which makes the job a hell of a lot harder.
If the limit is different for each stage, it could be a setting somewhere in a param file, it'd make it a lot easier to fix.
Please make sure to BACKUP your SAVE before attempting to add new songs. We didn't get reports of save corrupted yet but better be safe than sorry.

Maybe there could be a clue in the Mario Maker stage since it has 27 songs by default?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455