Hacking [SM4SH] For anyone with lots of knowledge on the game, a question.

darklordrs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understand this comes from a total idiot in the world of proper S4 hacks; basically, if something I ask is impossible, ELI5.

The Rathalos (Monster Hunter) Mii Swordfighter costume is proven to do fire effect damage rather than slash/normal damage; this causes the Polar Bear in Smash Run on 3DS to take more damage (I think), flinch on all hits, induce more hitlag (I think), and take more knockback from sword attacks from this Swordfighter in this costume.

This gives me the impression that Mii Costumes, factually, can effect gameplay, so here's a pretty complicated question on it for anyone that has dug deep enough into the subject:

Just how much of an effect could someone apply to a given Mii costume, at maximum? I'm talking things along the line of, in no order:

• changing hitboxes to other properties, such as electric for more hitlag or darkness just to look cool
  • causing a universal increase or decrease in the size of hitboxes or hurtboxes on a character
  • causing a specific increase or decrease in the size of hitboxes or hurtboxes on a character, along the lines of making swinging attacks brigger and poking attacks smaller for a model with a lance
  • changing damage and knockback each hitbox has, either individually or on the entire move; think something along the lines of the Chrom costume granting a tipper or something
  • adding or removing hitboxes, in line with the above
  • adding or removing hurtboxes entirely
  • locking out or switching out custom move options, like making Laser Blaze\Charge Shot turn into their Fox\Samus variant(s) when wearing the costumes of choice
  • changes for attributes, such as the cat outfit making a character lighter but quicker
  • changes to animations, which is where the really stupid stuff begins. Things like making the C. Falcon Suit for Mii Brawlers switch their f-air to a modded Knee, or things like the cat costume gaining the 3D World derp dive + wall cling\climb; even more ridiculously, the ability to change entire movesets or special loadouts or change Final Smashes simply because of a costume switch

trust me when I say I'm aware none of this would be [competitively] useful, but for the purpose of things like a hypothetical second Project M [which, chances are, is never happening] or a Smash 4 Minus [which would be hilarious], it's worth knowing how far you could stretch the engine just because of the fact that that one dlc costume has a wierd hitbox property. idk, it could just be the polar bear coded to respond to swordfighters in that costume, maybe i'm wrong.

darklordrs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holyshititsdantarion

cough

Alrighty then. Any explanation for how the Rathalos sword effect works, or is it really as simple as a no?

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely its something hardcoded in ASM directly in the rpx, since the costume stuff isn't in the moveset files itself. And as of right now, no one is looking into the rpx but me and I'm more worried about trying to make a SD/Net file patch code than anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-