Homebrew slow down when using emulators

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else experience slowdown issues *I guess framerate drops* when they're using the emulators? I would expect this with the 64 emulator but I'm referring to the nes and gameboy emulators. If anyone has had these problems, do you know of any way of fixing them?

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
How do I go about doing that? I thought a rom was a rom, I have no idea how to check it one is better then another.
It sounds like it's actually the game itself lagging, which is very probable considering that many NES and GBX games lagged with even a small amount of action going on. But yes, tell us the games you are having trouble with and we can help better.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
How do I go about doing that? I thought a rom was a rom, I have no idea how to check it one is better then another.
There are many compatibility lists out there for ROMs of all sorts, just try googling around and you can be surprised by what you find

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
There are many compatibility lists out there for ROMs of all sorts, just try googling around and you can be surprised by what you find
He's talking about FCEUltra and VBA, which have near perfect compatibility with all regular mappers/commercial roms (Despite FCEU being quite a hackish emulator, not very true to the original systems quirks and whatnot. Tis a shame we'll never see Nestopia on a Wii due to the power needed for it).

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've only tried a couple but, out of the handful I've tried I've already found a couple that lag. Duck Tales for the NES was one of them and Castlevania Adventures for the GB was another.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Sonicandtails said:
PettingZoo said:
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
He's talking about FCEUltra and VBA, which have near perfect compatibility with all regular mappers/commercial roms (Despite FCEU being quite a hackish emulator, not very true to the original systems quirks and whatnot. Tis a shame we'll never see Nestopia on a Wii due to the power needed for it).
Oh whoops sorry lol. Anyway back to the OP, how big is your SD card? And how full is it? That might be contributing to your problem.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
Well, I've only tried a couple but, out of the handful I've tried I've already found a couple that lag. Duck Tales for the NES was one of them and Castlevania Adventures for the GB was another.
A quick lookup shows that Castlevania on GB was quite laggy, and I played Duck Tales recently and I believe it was laggy as well. That's just how they ran on the original system. You won't be doing anything to speed them up in an emulator.

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could definitely be the case. I played a couple of other games *Silver Surfer, Golgo 13, North and South* and they seemed to work fine. Thanks for the help guys, if you figure anything else out let me know. To answer that one dude's question, I'm using a 2gig sandisk sd card. I've got quite a few files on it *every nes game* so I suppose that coul dbe a problem maybe

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
That could definitely be the case. I played a couple of other games *Silver Surfer, Golgo 13, North and South* and they seemed to work fine. Thanks for the help guys, if you figure anything else out let me know. To answer that one dude's question, I'm using a 2gig sandisk sd card. I've got quite a few files on it *every nes game* so I suppose that coul dbe a problem maybe
Yeah, try lightening the load off your SD card and see if that makes any difference
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place